• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.5 Blog Post Buffs to PKT1 and the Community Reaction

UmmBees

Smash Apprentice
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/dev-blogpost-9-yoshis-island-brawl

I don't know about y'all but I'm super excited about PKT1 not being eaten by stage hazards anymore. I think it was an unnecessary pitfall to Ness' recovery game that I can assume all of us have had a salty loss because of it.

However, I'm not terribly surprised, but still mildly surprised to the community reaction to the buff. According to the comments I've seen on the smashboards post for the blog post people seem to think now Ness is super broken. I don't understand why, it seems to me if they are banking on Ness losing stocks from stage hazards like Shy Guys I think they need to reevaluate how they play against him.

I don't know, but I'd like to hear y'all's feedback on the blog post as well as how you see this will change Ness' game.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can't imagine why people would not like this change lol. It affects 2 common tournament stages and was one thing Ness mains complained quite a bit about and didn't really add depth to fighting him.

Last edited:

UmmBees

Smash Apprentice
I can't imagine why people would not like this change lol. It affects 2 common tournament stages and was one thing Ness mains complained quite a bit about and didn't really add depth to fighting him.
I agree completely, I just was looking at the comments on the blog post and was overwhelmed by the adverse reaction by non-Ness mains complaining about the buff.

Also I'm excited for 3.5, from what I've seen y'all have been putting great things into the game.

Boiko

:drshrug:
I once lost a tournament set because of this. As you could imagine, I'm elated that it's been remedied.

UmmBees

Smash Apprentice
I once lost a tournament set because of this. As you could imagine, I'm elated that it's been remedied.
My last tournament in loser's semis I lost two my last two games because of PKT1. The first time was when the PKT came out the opposite way of my joystick and the other game my PKT hit Kirby and sent me falling to my doom

Boiko

My last tournament in loser's semis I lost two my last two games because of PKT1. The first time was when the PKT came out the opposite way of my joystick]
LITERALLY THE MOST ANNOYING THING IN THE WORLD.

Boiko

I think they tried to fix it in 3.0 because it doesn't happen as often as in 2.6, but I'd really like a full fix.
I only started playing in 3.02 so I know nothing about earleir iterations. But yeah, hopefully that stops. It's cost me so many times.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
PKT came out the opposite way of my joystick
I wouldn't have guessed this was some sort of bug; it had been happening to me often but not as of recent. It was very annoying but figured it was just because of input errors on my behalf. I grew a bit more patient with the timing and it hasn't happened since.

From what I've learned, if your control stick is tilted down (or either south diagonal) when you start the move, PKT will come out and curve right as soon as possible. Is that what happens to you guys?

Oh, and on the topic: I was extremely happy to hear about this PKT buff. Although it didn't happen to me a lot (because I didn't use Ness on Brawl's YI much at all), I've always had concerns about my thunder getting eaten by Shy Guys/SV balloon during a tournament set. I really appreciate this solution.

Last edited:

Boiko

I wouldn't have guessed this was some sort of bug; it had been happening to me often but not as of recent. It was very annoying but figured it was just because of input errors on my behalf. I grew a bit more patient with the timing and it hasn't happened since.

From what I've learned, if your control stick is tilted down (or either south diagonal) when you start the move, PKT will come out and curve right as soon as possible. Is that what happens to you guys?
I'm in CT, away from my set up in LI. I'll be back home tomrrow and will test it.

QUBiX

Smash Cadet
This has never happened to me in tournament thankfully. Once in a great while during friendlies though. I'm usually pretty conscious about the hazards being onstage.I just destroy the shyguys/balloons as soon as I get the chance. They are nothing but peer evil lmfao.

And about the PKT buffering: That would happen to me a lot early on when I had started playing Ness, but I just developed the patience to wait a bit longer before buffering the direction. I've never had that issue arise since. I also agree with it not happening as often in earlier versions of PM being I had started in the 2.1 demo. Which is kinda weird because I never stopped to think about it.haha

Last edited:

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
People are whining that we can use our recovery normally?

Phux them. If their recovery had interference all the time they would whine worse.

Top Bottom