• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[3/12] twitch.tv/stripher presents: WeeklyAmiibo tourney for wii u - free entry - amiibo prizes

stripheR

Smash Cadet
Date & Time:
3-12-15 Beginning at 7:15 PM CST. http://challonge.com/weeklyamiibo_1

CHECK IN REQUIRED 30 MINS PRIOR TO START VIA THE CHALLONGE SITE. HIT THE BIG BLUE CHECK IN BUTTON WHEN IT BECOMES AVAILABLE AT 6:45 OR YOU WILL BE REMOVED.

Stream:

www.twitch.tv/stripher
Format:

1v1 - 2 Stocks - 5 Minutes
Items set to OFF - Pause set to OFF
Custom movesets set to ON, Equipment is BANNED.
Miis allowed | "Random" Character pick are banned.
Double Elimination on challonge

Entry:

winner picks any amiibo available at retail price!

Prize:

prize is 1 retail priced amiibo of the winners choosing

Sudden Death:

If a match reaches time out, the winner is decided by highest stock then lowest %
If the % is the same for both players, the players will replay the game.
Stalling:

Any act of stalling is banned in as the following actions essentially makes the game unplayable as unenjoyable. Some of these tactics included are limited to becoming invisible, chain grabs, jab infinites, uninteruptible moves past 300%, circle camping, reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you, disappearing characters, etc. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing normally, such as pausing, and freezing glitches, will result in a forfeit of the player/party that initiated the stall. Please report stalling with a replay.

Stage List:
STARTERS
:
Battlefield
Final Destination - Battlefield* - Palutena's Temple* - Gaur Plain* *Omega only
Smashville
Town and City
Duck Hunt

COUNTER PICKS:
Delfino Plaza
Skyloft
Halberd

After game 1, any omega can be used as the counter pick by the loser, but an FD/Omega ban covers all omega stages & FD.

Stage Striking:

http://cointossr.com/ - higher name on tournament bracket sends bottom name the link. bottom name calls heads or tails before clicking. whoever wins strikes first.(anyone can think of a better way to decide this let me know)

winner of coin toss strikes 1 stage - loser strikes 2 stages - winner strikes last stage - if the result is in FD, winner striking last stage gets to pick which variation as listed in the starters.

game 2: winner of game 1 strikes 2 stages from the total stage pool, loser picks his counterpick.

winner of game 1 cannot choose the same map he won on previously for game 3.

Character change:
winner must notify loser of his new character if he is switching AFTER the counter pick stage has been decided.

Chat Room & Contact info(REQUIRED!!):

You MUST Join IRC chat via webclient or IRC client no later than 5 minutes BEFORE the start time.

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=weeklyamiibo

Contact list signup:

http://tinyurl.com/ktrqmus

Contact list Results:

http://tinyurl.com/ogvts3j

Find your opponent on the contact list for ease before each match, alternatively you can PM each other on IRC.

GENERAL RULES:

Please ensure your connection is stable! Matches will be played through without exception! lan adapter is preferred!

1 person per system & IP address(excluding special circumstances like smashstudios, etc.)

check in on challonge is REQUIRED - opens 30 minutes before the match!

NNID + CHALLONGE NAME is REQUIRED in the contact form http://tinyurl.com/ktrqmus
All players must be in IRC for the duration of the tournament!

disputes will be handled via replays and screenshots, if you're worried be sure to save replays and take those screenshots! otherwise the matches will be replayed!

using custom equipment, knowingly breaking rules, intentional lying, etc. as determined by STRIPHER will result in a lifetime ban from all of my tournaments.

if a player fails to show up for their match within 10 minutes of the match being filled on challonge, they will forfeit that match.

Last edited:

Jakamu

Smash Rookie
This is a great tourney, I played in his first one it ran smoothly and quickly. If he runs the money tournament i will definitely be in that bracket. Join up boys!

RocketClauncher

Smash Rookie
NNID
RocketClauncher
3DS FC
3239-5125-7568
So is this on the 23rd at 7pm CST? Or on the 26th at 8pm EST? Bracket and post say two different times.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Came in here to vouch for the guy's legitimacy as a TO, his previous tourney was fun and everything went smooth as it could have, though I wouldn't have minded an easier way to chat.

A word of warning regarding custom moves though, I know people push for their legality but when it comes to online matches I'd ask that you make it clear that cheating with equips won't be tolerated. I don't know how much of a difference equips can make, but any difference is an unfair advantage.

Miidas

Smash Rookie
Sounds like fun tourney, and just heard good stuff about you as TO so far. Entering this one ^^

stripheR

Smash Cadet
Came in here to vouch for the guy's legitimacy as a TO, his previous tourney was fun and everything went smooth as it could have, though I wouldn't have minded an easier way to chat.

A word of warning regarding custom moves though, I know people push for their legality but when it comes to online matches I'd ask that you make it clear that cheating with equips won't be tolerated. I don't know how much of a difference equips can make, but any difference is an unfair advantage.
definitely. i'm looking into ways to verify and help legitimize the fact that people aren't using equipment for an advantage.

Corngamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corngamer
3DS FC
0645-5918-0354
Just signed up. I have VERY little experience with tournaments, but it's not like I've got anything to lose by joining. I want me some amiibo.

Quick question:
You said ALL players must remain in IRC for the remainder of the tournament. So, if/when I lose all my matches, do I have to stay, or can we leave once we're done?

GS Opaqueone

Smash Rookie
So scrub question but how will the stream be run? (like would matches be only against the streamer? I'm just curious because online tournament.) also would this result in some latency?

stripheR

Smash Cadet
im not playing in the tournament, so i will hand pick certain matches to broadcast where both people will add me and i will host the match. latency can be an issue for anyone with a bad connection. my wii u is hardwired and i regularly play vs japanese and europeans without lag from texas.

Mineme

Smash Rookie
I have quite a few questions, I am sorry I am new to this through the Reddit post you posted in Amiibo, How does one stream their game? I have never done that before and would like the basics of how to set up correctly so I can play, and also the contact lists, Do I need to make an account for that? I am sorry but just the necessities I'd like to know about, This will be my first tournament so I am very excited, so please anyone explain how to do this stuff!

Last edited:

GS Opaqueone

Smash Rookie
im not playing in the tournament, so i will hand pick certain matches to broadcast where both people will add me and i will host the match. latency can be an issue for anyone with a bad connection. my wii u is hardwired and i regularly play vs japanese and europeans without lag from texas.
Okay. i was just really curious. Thanks

stripheR

Smash Cadet
I have quite a few questions, I am sorry I am new to this through the Reddit post you posted in Amiibo, How does one stream their game? I have never done that before and would like the basics of how to set up correctly so I can play, and also the contact lists, Do I need to make an account for that? I am sorry but just the necessities I'd like to know about, This will be my first tournament so I am very excited, so please anyone explain how to do this stuff!
just input your contact details in the form up above, join the chat on irc with the link above, i stream using OBS software paired with an el gato hd60. you wont have to stream the game for the tournament though, ill be doing all of that :)

Mineme

Smash Rookie
just input your contact details in the form up above, join the chat on irc with the link above, i stream using OBS software paired with an el gato hd60. you wont have to stream the game for the tournament though, ill be doing all of that :)
alright so I am signed up it says, I go to join the chat and it just has me there, I'm guessing I go there when It's my turn to play? and for that matter how do I connect to you on Smash? like I get on super smash when it's my time and then what?

again sorry for the many questions, thank you for answering them :D

stripheR

Smash Cadet
you need to be familiar with adding people via nintendo id on your wii u tablet mineme. the chat room will be empty till the day of the event and close to the time im sure.

Mineme

Smash Rookie
you need to be familiar with adding people via nintendo id on your wii u tablet mineme. the chat room will be empty till the day of the event and close to the time im sure.
Alright I understand, thank you for answering my questions. hope this goes smoothly

stripheR

Smash Cadet
starts in 4 hours guys...anyone not signed in by 7 will be DQ'd at 7:01

GS Opaqueone

Smash Rookie
hey so it turns out, he's not such a great TO. ive been sitting in his IRC chatroom for 3 hours, signed in on challonge bracket, and filled out the tinyurl contact form link all just be out of the challonge bracket and out of tourney. I understand this tourney was free so it's not such a big deal but really? can't manage that big of a tourney so people get the boot? my name is also appeared 20th on the list so hey maybe mistakes happen, but at least attempt to fix it, don't just say "guyyyys, you have to sign in, get into IRC" and then later say, "I'm surprised at the amount of people who don't read".Maybe someone who signed in earlier than 40 other people(60 man tournament) should get in while say the 20 you ignored you check up on. maybe instead of sitting in for glory for three hours you should run through bracket and list off people who have appeared in your chatroom. also if 20 people didn't understand, maybe theres some communication error needed to be address instead of being told "hey check irc you better have signed in." point, instead of asking for help to run your tournament because you just want to stream and play for glory quit hosting these events.

stripheR

Smash Cadet
^ I look forward to never seeing you in another one of my tournaments if that is how you wish to speak.

Please familiarize yourself with challonge and the check in time listed on the bracket you are signing up for. If you do not hit the big blue shiny check in button, you get knocked out of the tournament, it doesnt matter if you were idling in IRC or not. I spammed in irc while playing for everyone to check in. also I played for glory for less than an hour and a half, not that I need to explain myself to you, while explaining what people needed to do on stream over and over about checkin :) For everyone that missed checkin but was still there, I got them into losers bracket one way or another because they gave me time, unlike you who rage quit after missing your thirty minute period to hit the blue shiny button.

I can do nothing in regards to the bracket until everyone has checked in, and if you were unable to read a single post with rules to follow in regards to what to do to check in, you're obviously not paying attention and must be willing to suffer the consequences.

Last edited:

GS Opaqueone

Smash Rookie
While you are right about how i didnt stay. I stayed till 7:15 trying to get in but i guess its my b for not staying in a tourney that had started already. This is also were i say i did check in but i guess mistakes were made.(because internet i guess) But i do need to apologize for saying that you need to quit doing these events. That was out of line on my part. Also for assuming for glory play time. I dont belive the time you said but 3 hours was an exxageration.

Last edited:

stripheR

Smash Cadet
NEW TOURNAMENT IS UP FOR THIS THURSDAY. 2 PRIZES THIS TIME!!! GET SIGNED UP! 64 slots MAX

Top Bottom