• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.0 Up Throw

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I am aware there is nothing about up throw in the change log, but Falcon's uthrow is clearly different. I suspect a slight boost in base knockback. Up throw chain grabs at about 10% earlier than normal. Up throw knee has a similar 10% earlier-than-usual window. Try it out on Fox and Falcon.

Up throw no longer wrecks characters like Ganon and DK (down throw was still probably the superior option anyway). Whereas you used to be able to up throw Ganon to SH nair (at low percents), you now have to short hop or full hop uair. Same with DK.

I am wondering if this is a bug since it is not in the change log. The change doesn't hurt us much (it's still kinda gay) since all it does is spread out throw overlap (where you could either dthrow -> knee or uthrow -> knee). This seems to make the spacie match-up better and doesn't hurt much in the other matchups because dthrow is still so good.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I am aware there is nothing about up throw in the change log, but Falcon's uthrow is clearly different. I suspect a slight boost in base knockback. Up throw chain grabs at about 10% earlier than normal. Up throw knee has a similar 10% earlier-than-usual window. Try it out on Fox and Falcon.

Up throw no longer wrecks characters like Ganon and DK (down throw was still probably the superior option anyway). Whereas you used to be able to up throw Ganon to SH nair (at low percents), you now have to short hop or full hop uair. Same with DK.

I am wondering if this is a bug since it is not in the change log. The change doesn't hurt us much (it's still kinda annoying) since all it does is spread out throw overlap (where you could either dthrow -> knee or uthrow -> knee). This seems to make the spacie match-up better and doesn't hurt much in the other matchups because dthrow is still so good.
fixed

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think the issue has something to do with weight. Melee had different release points based on the characters weight? Where as PM does not. Or reverse the two, etc. It appears to have an effect on IC's too as far as making regrabs weird

Top Bottom