• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.0 Falcon

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Changes from 2.6b falcon to 3.0 falcon?

- Side-B landing lag slightly reduced upon connecting with an opponent, now is the same for Side-B whiff or hit
- Grounded Falcon kick endlag is slightly longer
- Falcon Kick is now B-reversible

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
- Side-B landing lag slightly reduced upon connecting with an opponent, now is the same for Side-B whiff or hit
- Grounded Falcon kick endlag is slightly longer
- Falcon Kick is now B-reversible
The only really noticeable change is the increased falcon kick endlag, and even then it doesn't make much of a difference in the move's usefulness.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but B-reversed Falcon Kick seems pretty pointless.

Tugnus

Smash Cadet
The only really noticeable change is the increased falcon kick endlag, and even then it doesn't make much of a difference in the move's usefulness.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but B-reversed Falcon Kick seems totally pointless.
B reversed falcon kick is a nice boost to recovery. Now we can turn around falcon kick for the second double jump even if facing the wrong way.

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
B reversed falcon kick is a nice boost to recovery. Now we can turn around falcon kick for the second double jump even if facing the wrong way.
True. Still, facing the wrong way off the edge, without your second jump, while also being high enough to survive an aerial falcon kick is a pretty damn rare scenario

Tugnus

Smash Cadet
Happens to me all the time when I play against Peach. And you don't have to be without a second jump...

Tugnus

Smash Cadet
What I'm also curious about is if the B-reverse stops momentum or not, because you can B reverse neutral B's to completely reverse momentum.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is a big help to me, as I often find myself needing this, but just end up plummeting to my doom.

prisoner

Smash Cadet
can someone tell me what the first change means:

so the cooldown on grounded raptor boost is the same for whiff or hit? really? and now the arial version is equal to that once you touch down? what?

cmart

Smash Lord
If you do an aerial side B and hit - Falcon does that hop and lands right? We reduced the lag on that landing so it wasn't MORE lag for connecting than if you missed.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
B reverse falcon kick is great, a Great mindgame i used for sonic was u could be running away and b-reverse down b and it comes out so fast it's very hard to react/expect. Same goes for falcon kick

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
While not something falcon can perfectly utilize, gannondorf ***** with the reverse down b. after a choke hold, he can hold down to pretend to do a down kb, and when the opponent rolls behind (like I usually do against Gannon users) he can trick them by turning around.

Top Bottom