• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2v2 with MK

Anauel

Smash Cadet
So, I'm going to start doing doubles with a MK and I'm wondering if anyone's familiar with any combos. I've been watching NoJ/Lain and NoJ/Boyr videos and they're great, but any other advice is appreciated.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Theres the UTD Zac spike thing with MK's down throw (you'll have to look for it, i wouldn't know where to begin)

And idk if anyones ever perfected it, but the MK u-throw + G&W u-air = instant death on low ceilings is something i'd like to perfect if I ever could.

You don't really need combos for this. Any sort've team combo is just to look cool. MK = ownage. G&W on team = ownage. Just watch eachother, always throw your opponents towards your teammate, and follow up with smashes a lot. You'd be surprised how little attention gets paid to G&W when you're teaming with a MK, people fall into smashes you charged at point blank range, because they're too busy looking the other way.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Theres the UTD Zac spike thing with MK's down throw (you'll have to look for it, i wouldn't know where to begin)

And idk if anyones ever perfected it, but the MK u-throw + G&W u-air = instant death on low ceilings is something i'd like to perfect if I ever could.

You don't really need combos for this. Any sort've team combo is just to look cool. MK = ownage. G&W on team = ownage. Just watch eachother, always throw your opponents towards your teammate, and follow up with smashes a lot. You'd be surprised how little attention gets paid to G&W when you're teaming with a MK, people fall into smashes you charged at point blank range, because they're too busy looking the other way.
do alot of ***** UPB's lol, canceled with whatever you prefer :)

UTD zac spike can be seen here at the very last stock of the match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvVO98WYVVk

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
I team with a MK/Pika mainer, and when we switch to GaW/MK, there's just two things we do. GaW's d-throw isolates their options to rolling to one of two directions. Space the mk on one side to sweet spot a charged f-smash or d-smash on one side, while you walk a wee bit away from the MK and do a down smash, which works 90% of the time, and they take some sort of smash. I also turtle my target, then he chains a tornado, which then I hit our opponents out of with f-air.

Since your smashes are so incredibly powerful, Take advantage of mk's grabs and jab/d-tilt. Make your partner call out their grabs, or when they temporarily are stuck in a jab, so you can get into posistion for a forward/up smash. You'd be surprised how quick you two can get kills doing this.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I team with a MK/Pika mainer, and when we switch to GaW/MK, there's just two things we do. GaW's d-throw isolates their options to rolling to one of two directions. Space the mk on one side to sweet spot a charged f-smash or d-smash on one side, while you walk a wee bit away from the MK and do a down smash, which works 90% of the time, and they take some sort of smash. I also turtle my target, then he chains a tornado, which then I hit our opponents out of with f-air.

Since your smashes are so incredibly powerful, Take advantage of mk's grabs and jab/d-tilt. Make your partner call out their grabs, or when they temporarily are stuck in a jab, so you can get into posistion for a forward/up smash. You'd be surprised how quick you two can get kills doing this.
great advice. i actually do the d-throw thing, works for any G&W team. And the MK d-tilt into up-smash is a great set up.

Anauel

Smash Cadet
Awesome guys, I should be putting all of this to good use.

Also, that spike in the end is sick. UTD is pretty good.

Top Bottom