• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2v2 advice?

chunga

Smash Rookie
Ok so my friend and I play 2 v 2 at school pretty much every day but we keep losing to the team of Fox and Marth. My friend plays as Fox and I play as Ganon. Are there any good counter picks to that team? I was thinking of swapping Ganon for someone. Any help would be appreciated.

darktiamat47

Smash Rookie
sheik is a good counter to marth, and marth is also a good counter to fox. If anything you should still be able to beat them regardless of who you use but if your seriously considering a switch go with sheik

Selphious

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Shiek is good to go with. There's a thread about Shiek's advantages over Marth if you want to look at it. And as for 2v2 help overall, I'd say if you switch to Shiek, then try to get Marth on one side of the map and your teammate and the Fox to the other side so you can just show them some of your individual kickass skills (assuming you've got 'em) ;)

BishopTS

Smash Cadet
ganon seems too slow to be going against a fox and marth in a 2v2 unless you're very very good. i would use sheik like they said.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If you want to stick with Ganon (assuming your pretty good with him) retreating fairs over Marth's approaches to l-cancel'd jabs, dthrow to upair or bair at higher % against marth are your friend here. It's the same with Fox, Ganon is pretty good in teams as long as you play the patient and safe route. Don't jump off the stage chasing if you find yourself getting edgegaurded easily because of it. If the fox phantasms alot to grab the edge doing Ganon's dtilt to a fair or upair works wonders. And the reverse upair edgaurd works pretty well on Marth.

If you can say what problems you guys have (get edguarded, marth grabs alot, shine spiked, etc) most of us here can give you options on how to avoid it.

taylorb9113

Smash Cadet
Just to throw out some random 2v1 advice (if both are you are still alive after killing one of them)..
Grab combos are crazy.
You can Grab and smack them until they get out, and right when they get out the other person grabs.. Repeat.
You can Grab and smack them while the other person is hitting A over and over ;) Really annoying, especially if the person hitting A (the one not grabbing the person) is someone with a rapid A-A-A combo (Fox, Falco, Shiek, Kirby, etc.) or one like Pichu's/Pikachu's. That's near impossible to get out of, and really annoying :)

Hope I helped a little >.>

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
I like how half the people here have said NOTHING constructive. Way to go people.

One problem I see with your team is though you are balanced speed wise, you are going to have a conflict of interest with KO'ing. Ganon or "Captain Two-Hit" can rake in KO's, but Fox has insane early kill combos so you at times will be tripping over each other. I never like suggesting people switch charie, but that seems like the best solution. Perhaps not.

If you could post back about what you having issues with specifically, than maybe I could be of more help.

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
I suppose if you DON'T use friendly fire damage, you should be able to sync your moves together instead of trying to fight 1 on 1. It works for friendly fire (I use this) too, but you have to be careful not killing your partner's character like that...

Razed

Smash Ace
I suppose if you DON'T use friendly fire damage, you should be able to sync your moves together instead of trying to fight 1 on 1. It works for friendly fire (I use this) too, but you have to be careful not killing your partner's character like that...
If you don't use friendly fire, just be a team of falcos and never stop SHLing

Raistlin

Smash Lord
So I may be biased, being a jiggz player, but Jigglypuff is godly in teams. Your ally grabbing + rest = instant KO with no punishment. Plus she's got that WoP to keep people at bay and edgeguard like no one's business. Unfortunately she dies at low percents to Fox and Marth, but you should be all right with a fox on your team too.

i_eat_fried_worms

Smash Cadet
you can do what Arcnatural said to do to face marth, than have your friend have a battle of skill against fox.

Top Bottom