• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2nd Valley College Fund Raising Event!

Senor Campos

Smash Rookie
AiB Page with full info: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10893

Sup guys. I'm pretty new here on Smashboards, but I'm a regular on Allis Brawl. Well I'm hosting a tournament at my college over here in San Bernardino. I have a pretty nice venue that has a room capacity of 88 people with air conditioning and a water fountain :). I'll have the full details soon (check the AiB Page for updates), but this thing is going to be pretty awesome :D. If I have a good attendance (20-30 people) I'll make this monthly!

Here's the info:

~~~~~MK IS BANNED AND JP RULESET - CHECK AIB FOR ALL INFO~~~~~~~

This tournament is a fund raising event for the benefit of the Valley Bound Club which is a part of the Valley Bound Program. The Valley Bound Program helps incoming High School students pay for their first year of college at San Bernardino Valley College along with providing materials like backpacks and binders. They also help the incoming students keep on track with dedicated counselors. Coming to this tourney would help out with this program icon_smile

icon_smileAlso if I have a good attendance number. I can easily convince the club to make this monthly icon_smile

Tournament Entry: This tournament is open to everybody.

-5$ Venue Fee/Fundraiser Money.

This will need to be payed before you start playing which is when you'll sign the Mutual Hold Harmless Agreement. The venue fee will be going to the Valley Bound Club Fundraiser.

-6$ Singles

-6$ Doubles

Parking: 1-Day Parking passes will be offered at booths in designated parking areas. Check the map http://www.valleycollege.edu/Class_Schedule/Files/2011/Spring/Spring-11-Campus-Map.pdf

The passes will cost 1$

Mutual Hold Harmless Agreementt: I will need you guys to sign a one sheet form before you will be allowed to participate. This form basically, says you won't hold the college responsible for things like you getting hurt/***** and for lost/stolen items.

With that said we will be keeping an eye on the Wii's, just make sure to not leave controllers/phones etc. lying around.

Schedule:

10:00 AM - Venue open for friendlies.

11:30 AM - Doubles and Singles sign-ups.

I am doing registration for both events early in order to be able to start Singles as soon as there are enough people out of Doubles. If you will be arriving 15 minutes late for any event call/text my friend at this number 1-951-285-2090 to let me know. I will have you pay when you arrive and I will also start you later in the bracket so it doesn't affect the tourney time. It'll be best to contact me as early as you can.

11:45 P.M - Doubles

1:00 P.M - Singles

*This is an estimate. Singles will start whenever atleast half of the atendees are out of doubles.

4:30 P.M - Clean Up

Setups: Tell me via shoutout/pm etc. if you can bring one and do the same for me to take your name off. The events I do will depend on the number of complete setups I have.

0. Valley Colllege A/V Department - 10 tv's - Too Good icon_biggrin
1. Senor Campos - 1 Wii
2. However - 1 Wii
3. Frank GGG (formerly HappyvPanda) -1 Wii
4. Sheenster94 - 1 Wii
5. Chups2themax - 1 Wii
6. Rodrigo Gaona - 1 Wii
7. Terry - 1 Wii
8. Pasriac - 1Wii
9. Maize - 1 Wii
10. Phoenix vX - 1 Wii

Good stuff guys. icon_smile People who bring Wii's will be offered a 2$ discount from the venue.

Payout: Based on entrants being not much more than 30

Singles if attendance is 30 people:

1st 90$
2nd 60$
3rd 30$

*prizes will be issued in increment of 30$ Visa Gift Cards

Singles if attendance is 22 people:

1st 50$
2nd 30$
3rd 30$

Doubles: Will need about 10 teams to do this event

1st place team 50$ each.

If there are atleast 16 teams:

1st place team 50$
2nd place 30$ each

I'm working with fixed priced Visa Gift Cards, which I am limited to for this event.

Ksizzle wrote at 8:11 PM on Oct 14, 2010 : :There are some things cash can't buy and just about everywhere takes cards now.

Senor Campos

Smash Rookie
Info is 90% done

The only thing that's iffy is the prizes, but that'll be done by this monday. Also the ruleset is being voted on but that'll be decided today. If you have an AiB account and are planning to come to the tourney please vote!

*Edit if you thinking of going and joining doubles and haven't said so on AiB please pm me about it thanks.

Senor Campos

Smash Rookie
Cell number changed to Franky GGG's. He'll let me know what you guys say.

AiB poll decided MK ban and JP ruleset

Top Bottom