• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2nd Central PA Smash Fest

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
Hey legends, masters, great smashers, and scrubs. The Central PA crew would like to cordially invite you all to our 2nd Smash Fest located near Shippensburg PA, (about 20 min from our last venue) on friday May 1st-the 2nd. We had an excellent showing last time, about 16 people, and hope to outdo ourselves this time. @ D drewdrach will be hosting it at his house, nestled in between the rolling pastures and lush forests of Shippensburg PA, this man has put a lot of work building an awesome gaming room in his basement, equipped with theater style seating, lag less wall projector, and full bar. If you have a controller and wheels you should try and make it up. There are plenty of guys that will house you for the weekend if need be. So far all 10 of our PA crew can make it and hope that the baltimore guys can come in force again. Message me or Drewdrach for the address (but his ***** ass is never on) Hope to see a lot of new guys here.
@ Shears Shears @bloodpeach @breakthrough @ THE_MAAFIA THE_MAAFIA @ Dark Horse Dark Horse @ Bark Sanchez Bark Sanchez

tehz

Smash Apprentice
This sounds really cool. I should be able to make the like 2 hour drive from PGH.

Is there a facebook event I can share on Thefacebook? Since all the cool kids use facebook now.

tehz

Smash Apprentice
lol whoops. I guess the letters are the same.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
If I weren't (still) completely broke I would definitely try to talk a contingent of GA players into coming up. Sounds like a good time.

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
Hey man if you and anyone else can find a ride up and back, even if its bus or some **** we can house you guys, feed you, get you laid…… no promises on that last part, but it will be a good time regardless

drewdrach

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, possibly having a cash prize for the event. Should know in the next few days. Let me know if there is anything I can do to improve the smash experience. Also I overclocked my smash box thing so a possible doubles tourney should happen

ganas

Smash Cadet
This sounds really cool. I should be able to make the like 2 hour drive from PGH.

Is there a facebook event I can share on Thefacebook? Since all the cool kids use facebook now.
Probably going to be a little more than 2 hours, but you should definitely come. I made a similar drive this past weekend to visit the folks for Easter and I'm guessing it will be about 3 for you.

It would definitely be cool to have some Pittsburgh smashers attend. I grew up in western PA so we can talk bad roads, bad weather, black 'n yellow, etc.

drewdrach

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah, we have wifi so streaming will be happening, and an open bar. What more could you want? Also I have sound equipment @ Shears Shears , if you bring your video set up I can make a commentary booth happen. Being a sound engineer and all

Last edited:

gs3857

Smash Rookie
Is this just for 64? I'm a melee player but I'm in ship so I'd love to come check this out.

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
Is this just for 64? I'm a melee player but I'm in ship so I'd love to come check this out.
Ya man pretty much all of us are exclusively 64 players. You should come by anyway if you're that close, we have GameCube controller adapters, and you can see how much better the original is haha.

gs3857

Smash Rookie
Ya man pretty much all of us are exclusively 64 players. You should come by anyway if you're that close, we have GameCube controller adapters, and you can see how much better the original is haha.
Cool sounds good. Going to smash at Ugrille tonight so maybe I'll see a few of you there.

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
At u-grille, or at shipp? At u-grille it's practically non existent. I've seen people playing other smash games there like once. And at shipp I have no idea man sorry.

gs3857

Smash Rookie
At u-grille, or at shipp? At u-grille it's practically non existent. I've seen people playing other smash games there like once. And at shipp I have no idea man sorry.
At Ugrille. Thats unfortunate, do you know if theres even a gamecube setup that gets brought?

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
There is a place in mechanicsburg, called camp hill play n trade, and every Wednesday they have a big smash event. It's about a half an hour from ship, a lot of us go to that too, but they have a ton of melee kids that play if you wanted to check that out.

gs3857

Smash Rookie
There is a place in mechanicsburg, called camp hill play n trade, and every Wednesday they have a big smash event. It's about a half an hour from ship, a lot of us go to that too, but they have a ton of melee kids that play if you wanted to check that out.
Yeah I went to the one last wednesday

gs3857

Smash Rookie
@ D drewdrach @ B Bassic Hey guys, I was wondering if there was a gamecube setup that got brought to Ugrille for melee. Unfortunately the only one I have is an emulator on a laptop but I could bring that if there is nothing else.

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, we have wifi so streaming will be happening, and an open bar. What more could you want? Also I have sound equipment @ Shears Shears , if you bring your video set up I can make a commentary booth happen. Being a sound engineer and all
Dude I would love to do commentary for matches. That would be awesome.

Top Bottom