• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 2DS Trigger Grips are indeed awesome

Ragnorok_Kitty

Smash Rookie
After reading a thread here the other week on 3DS controller grips I purchased one for my 2DS because they came highly recommended. I was not disappointed. This is so beyond comfy! I do live in Canada though and no where locally has any in stock 15$ grips + 15$ shipping still worth it. Get these!

jonftl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0725-8432
But can it settle it in smash?!

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
Hmmmm... I would spring for one myself however I am buying a Smash 3DS XL Friday when I pick up SSB4 and will be giving my 2DS to my dad or a good friend

Phantomshadows

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phantomsama
3DS FC
3582-9638-6907
If you recommend it then I'll buy one in the future.

Hkid

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hkid
I'm thinking about buying the grips but the triggers look too straight. It does make the 2ds look pretty neat though

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I don't have a 2DS, but this would be a awesome reason to get one. All the other 3DS Grips don't have triggers from what I've seen.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Do you think you could leave an Amazon (Or any online store that has it) link version of the grip you're using? I'm thinking of possibly giving my brother a 2DS with a Trigger Grip, as well as his own copy of the 3DS version for a nice Christmas gift idea. And this looks nice enough for it.

Gameshow349

A Hoot and a Half
3DS FC
0748-3702-2621
Do you think you could leave an Amazon (Or any online store that has it) link version of the grip you're using? I'm thinking of possibly giving my brother a 2DS with a Trigger Grip, as well as his own copy of the 3DS version for a nice Christmas gift idea. And this looks nice enough for it.
They are on GameStop.com just look up 2ds trigger grip.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
I think that the 2DS is fine without a grip.
Still may think about getting this, though.

Ragnorok_Kitty

Smash Rookie
I could only find them on the Gamestop website. Google 2DS Trigger Grips.

SupermanNKO

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4570-8405-1628
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Went out and bought it and I'm loving it so much if you have a 2ds this is a must have

Last edited:

Shane7881

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shane1
3DS FC
4914-5379-0874
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane7881

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shane1
3DS FC
4914-5379-0874
Thank you Kokonoe, it worked! Your a true hero.

CronoT

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5258-0756-3494
I just got this thing yesterday, & so far it's pretty good. I have to get used to the change in form factor & the placement of the triggers, but overall it makes for a much better experience, especially since the 2DS form factor on its own is very stiff & rigid. Holding it now is is a lot easier with the smooth, rounded grips.

Funny story: Nintendo themselves DID NOT come up with the rounded grip design featured with the N64 & GameCube controllers. It was sent in as part of a "Design Your Own Gameboy" contest through Nintendo Power back in the 90's.

WaterDemonBaku

Smash Cadet
In my past experience with handheld grips, (GBA SP being one,) my only gripe with them would be the size and taking them around with me when I travel. Other than that I MIGHT consider getting one later on. They're 15 dollars at Gamestop's website, (this doesn't include shipping if there is any,) and they seem pretty reliable from the reviews. I'm just glad it's rubberized because had it not been I wouldn't even consider it.

I'll definitely consider it down the road.

Top Bottom