• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

28!!! Yeah!!!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
But seriously.

I was wondering why you think that Pikachu isn't so popular anymore. He is, after all, the classic face of the Pokemon franchise, right? There are almost 500 different choices, after all, but still; why has he lost his appeal?

(unlike the 27 thread, this one has a real purpose to be discussed. I don't even main Pikachu. But he does deserve better than this... I guess... if he did CARE that is...)

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
I was in about the 2nd when SSB came out, and I was into Poke'mon at the time, so that's how I started playing Pikachu. I stuck with the little rascal outta pure loyalty for his awesomeness.

SensFan

Smash Cadet
(unlike the 27 thread, this one has a real purpose to be discussed. I don't even main Pikachu. But he does deserve better than this... I guess... if he did CARE that is...)
What are you talking about? My thread is asking the exact same question as this one.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I suppose because people feel other Pokemon would be better. Of course, theyre wrong. Pikachu is one of the 4 that Sakurai is not permitted to leave out of Smash i believe. (Well, not just sakurai, the future makers too) These were Mario, Kirby, Link, and Pikachu.

Because they are the prime representatives of the 4 most successful (Sorry to say Dk isnt as popular anymore, **** the people who didnt buy jungle beat, and **** nintendo for not being able to make a DK game as great as DK64. MAKE A GREAT DK PLATFORMER PLEASE!!) Nintendo series.

Plus, he's Pikachu, whats not awesome about him?

However, I still think other Pokemon should have been in too. Hippowdown = awesome. lol.

Seriously though. Hippowdown for SSB4!! (I dont know why, but I love Hippowdon.)

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, I dunno, 'cause Pikachu's the mascot of the series? More to the point, he's awesome! I can't imagine Smash without Pikachu.

pikachu22

Smash Cadet
Pika was basically Pokemons mascot he was a character all the parents and everyone new.not because he was a pokefans fav but because he was liek the mascot.Maybe he will grow in popularity again we will see....lets just us PiKa players enjoy beating everyone down huh!!!!

Top Bottom