• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

27 Common Reasons Why Your Character Won't Get In:

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
But Olimar is really small

media snip

If Olimar can have his size changed, why can't we do the same with Ridley? (even more when other people already shown that is possible to have him in the game without him looking out of place)
Because I remember seeing a video that they say Ridley is to disproportionate, meaning he would look to weird to make him smaller. Which it's not really since the resize looks good in smash, but one of Sakurai's reasons were that he wouldn't be the intimidating boss character that he's represented as.

Olimar can still be easily represented the same, and making him bigger is easy and proportionate.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I just want KOS-MOS. That is all and I will stop caring about who gets in! Her western popularity sadly isn't that great. Not enough popularity in the West, sadly.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
For fun ran my four most wanted through this: (Tried to do spoiler boxes but the thing got wonky)

Wonder Red

13. The character is generally unknown. (Not sure how much this one applies)
19. The series is not popular enough to warrant (additional) representation.
22. The character is not iconic enough.

Capt. Toad

4. The character can appear in the arena, in some other form (May be counted as peach's dress).
7. The character’s most likely move-set wouldn’t work in Smash.
18.The series has too many fighting characters already.

Banjo & Kazooie

5. The character would fight too similar to a different character.

Ray Man

19. The series is not popular enough to warrant (additional) representation. (Maybe?)

What do you guys think?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The only problem i see shantae having is 15 but will see what happens
Shantae:
13. The character is generally unknown.
15. The character is unknown in Japan.
19. The series is not popular enough to warrant (additional) representation.

I don't see Shantae as having star power among the majority of Smash Bros (non-hardcore) fans. Look at her Wikipedia page. She has entries in 5 languages. Look at Pac-Man's. He has entries in 47 languages. Remember, the Internet is an echo chamber, so things are easily exaggerated.

Top Bottom