• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

229 area code tournament?

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
it's"229 Time"

may 26th

hooters
2817 Old Dawson Rd
Albany, GA 31707

starts at 4pm
any questions can call me at 229-254-0148

singles $5
doubles $10

Pot Breakdown:
• Singles: 70%/20%/10%
• Teams: 70%/20%/10%

• All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
• Items OFF

Stages:
• First stage is limited to the 6 neutral stages for random picking, others open for counterpicks.

• Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 and Pokémon Stadium. Fountain of Dreams is on random for singles only.

• Banned Stages (for both Singles and Doubles): Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay,

• No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking

• Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.

• Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

• Restart Rule - When a match starts and a player does not want to play the randomly selected stage he/she has 5 seconds to pause and quit the match so long as no lives were lost and no damage was given. Each player gets 1 per set

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

people that are coming so far: (everyone let me know if it changes)

Definitely coming:

Zeus
D1
Jess
DogySamich
Nathan + his brother and a friend
Bandman

Maybe:

Twister
Rice + 5 people
Dnel
Marty
Alpha
Gerbil
archie4208
Menthol
TBag
BlueJim
KirbyJim
Desu
Evan
XIO
Marcus

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
I could see about trying to make it, but it depends on the specific date. What'd you have in mind?

mog112

Smash Ace
most likely i would come too, but as twista says try and come up with a date and also some rules. then you will get a much better idea of who will come

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
the tournament rules are just like every other one. MLG. bring your own control.
$5 singles
$10 teams
date and time i don't know yet. i'm only gonna throw it if i can get at least 15-20 people. probably some time in may on one of the saturdays around 3 or 4 pm

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
i haven't found a place yet but hopefully i'll find one in the next couple of days. i'm going to try and throw it somewhere in Albany , GA 31701

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Holy ****.

A tourney in the south?

Watch you do it on a day i cant show up. That'd be frickin hilarious.

--edit--

just thoughta something

if you did a tourney around here, i might be able to bring my makeshift crew up there. lol

ANGER MANAGEMENT, BRING YO EXTRA CONTROLLERS, *****!!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Albany is not even a 2 hour drive for Tallahassee FL, so it's likely that Rice could go.

Depending on how much of GA shows up you might even see some smashers from the Panhandle Manhandlers (4 hours) or Jacksonville/Gainesville (3 hours). If you want any of Florida to go though, you'll need some form of housing and a registration list of who all is going to be there.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Gimme a date and time and i'll see how many people I can get around VSU to show up.

There's plenty of people around here who claim they would go to tournaments if they were closer.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
If you get some details, let me know and I'll bring GPC along.
We've got around 30 smashers that play with us, somewhere around 15 who like to go to tourneys.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
MTHL are ya'll gonna be able to drive to Albany , GA 31701 if you can get 15 or 30 people thats enough for me to decide to deffinitly throw the tourny. i'm still looking for a place to throw it, so far the only place that's possible is hooters, but i'm still looking. as far as the date... i'm leaning towards may 19th. time is gonna be 4 o' clock so people that are driving have time to get there. time and date is possible to change, if it does, i'll have the final date, time and place with in a week or two at the most. still depending on how many people are gonna come.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
If it's May 19th, you can probably scratch the stuff I said about Florida comming. The Panhandle Manhandlers plan on hosting Smashers Unite 2 on that day. Though the date's not exactly final, so who knows.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
May 26th?

I might not be taking summer classes, which would put me at home, but as long as I aint doin anything, I'd still come.

South's my turf, i aint givin it up without a fight. D:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
A new place just opened up in Valdosta and I went and checked it out.

Looks like it might be aight for a tourney, but I personally dont like the setup of the place.

Seems too small and too cramped.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
aight the tournament "229 Time" is gonna be on May 26 at
hooters
2817 Old Dawson Rd
Albany, GA 31707
starts at 4pm
any questions can call me at 229-254-0148

so who all's coming again, and how many people are you bringing?
i'm of course gonna be there and i'm bringing 2 people.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
it's not a definite yet but if someone needs a place to stay i might be able to have 2 or 3 people stay with me at my parents house which is about 50 min from the tournament. if you need a place to sleep let me know and i'll see what i can do. if not my parents house maybe ya'll can stay at one of my friends house. but we'll figure all that out.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
man, i'll try to be there. do we get prizes from the hooters staff if we win?
I talked to the manager and he said that it is possible for there to be a prize for 1st place besides the cash, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet to let me know for sure.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I just checked my PMs and I realized I was linked to this a long time ago. Is this thing still happening?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Rofl, holy ****.

I completely forgot about this...... cause nobody talked about it, lol.

Yeah, if this is going down, zeus needs to start talkin fast, cause I had my eyes set on Gigabits.

I mean, sure i'd get ***** by toll booths, but there's an anime shop right around the corner from there. HOW CAN I SAY NO??

/me picks up his Anise Tatlin figurine

:)

Top Bottom