• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX Won't work on my GameCube.

James Mesa

Smash Cadet
NNID
KitkaDoodle
So I copied 20XXTE from a friend into my memory card today and tried running it on my GC. I'm not sure why but it didn't start-up. My memory card and GC are untampered with and so is my friends. I've tried looking it up online but haven't found any answers. Any answers would be appreciated. My current memory card only has Mario Party 7 and Melee save data. The melee data is one with all stages and characters unlocked by myself.

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
[QUOTE="Melee save data. The melee data is one with all stages and characters unlocked by myself.[/QUOTE]

There's your problem

captainmar

Smash Rookie
NNID
captainmar
I just got TE on my memory card the other day and from what I can tell everything works alright when I do name entry. I does prompt me that my disc (1.0 from what I can tell) isn't fully compatible but if I don't go into name entry the only unlockable character that is unlocked is game & watch.

dandeto

Smash Apprentice
So I copied 20XXTE from a friend into my memory card today and tried running it on my GC. I'm not sure why but it didn't start-up. My memory card and GC are untampered with and so is my friends. I've tried looking it up online but haven't found any answers. Any answers would be appreciated. My current memory card only has Mario Party 7 and Melee save data. The melee data is one with all stages and characters unlocked by myself.
It sounds like you just copied the 20XXTE settings file. There are 2 files you need to copy over, and to do that you must delete your save data. Both files will have a "melee" graphic.

Top Bottom