• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX Tournament Edition Gets an Update

After months of testing from the players, Dan Salvato's 20XX Tournament Edition Mod is now ready for tournament use. In addition to game freezes being 100% resolved and replays having increased stability, various exciting 20XX TE announcements have been made:
  • Popular Twitch streamer Trihex will be giving away 20XX TE memory cards and posters
  • CPU Smash DI added to practice combos
  • Smash'N'Splash 2 will use 20XX TE; 20XX TE memory cards can now be purchased from the Smash'N'Splash 2 Rewards Shop
For more information on 20XX Tournament Edition, check out the project's official website. A special thanks goes out to Dan Salvato and all the beta testers for making 20XX TE the best it can be.

Comments

Couldn't get 20xx on either of my wii's last time I tried. Some message like boot2 can only be loaded as an os. Apparently it means the wii's I have are past a certain year and won't work or something. Looks cool though.

No offense, but being a technical fox doesn't make someone a really good player. Otherwise Dark and/or hax would be winning every tournament, but they aren't as good at outplaying their opponents than the likes of mango, m2k, and armada, their tech skill doesn't matter as much. Also, fox is ridiculously hard and takes a LOT of skill to be good with.
Also you forgot about Silent Wolf and Westballz

If people want characters buffs/nerfs in Melee you should just play PM.
Melee game's mechanics in tournaments wont change, so no point in adding buffs/nerfs, tap jump or any other feature that wouldn't be available on a regular tournament

Though if it's meant for tournaments, why won't they allow for turning Tap Jump off?

Seems a little silly if you ask me (unless it's for legal issues or something)
TE was made to be a tool for tournaments, not something that affects gameplay. That is like saying there should be an option for auto L-canceling.

Because I prefer tap jump off since that's how I play and I can't perform tilts properly with it on. Do you have a problem with my play style mate?
I'm pretty sure that's not your play style, that's your controller setup preference.

TE was made to be a tool for tournaments, not something that affects gameplay. That is like saying there should be an option for auto L-canceling.
Oh, now that makes sense

I'm pretty sure that's not your play style, that's your controller setup preference.
Haha, yeah your probably right XD. It was just really late and I was super grumpy.

No offense, but being a technical fox doesn't make someone a really good player. Otherwise Dark and/or hax would be winning every tournament, but they aren't as good at outplaying their opponents than the likes of mango, m2k, and armada, their tech skill doesn't matter as much. Also, fox is ridiculously hard and takes a LOT of skill to be good with.
Yeah, sorry about that. Like I said, I was really tired when I wrote it and just kind of blurred it out. Super Noobish and John of me. My bad

:135:

Are you still able to play other GameCube games if you have 20xx TE in the memory card. I want to know before trying to set it up.

Are you still able to play other GameCube games if you have 20xx TE in the memory card. I want to know before trying to set it up.
TE is just a melee save file, so it will not affect other games. If you have space, you can use that memory card for your other GC games as well. So yes.

Top Bottom