• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX TE and 20XX Hack Pack Simultaneously?

Apostasy Plague

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5430-1139-5156
is it possible to run both on the same SD card via wii's nintendont? i cant seem to find any indication of how its done, but ive heard its possible, and have seen video of people booting melee with another iso for melee in their list.

Pauer

The Pauerful
Yeah it's perfectly possible, using Nintendont and Dios Mios at least.
The only "problem" is that both will be labeled as "Super Smash Bros Melee" so you'll have to remember which one is which but that's just a minor inconvenience.
If that bothers you, you can change the name that's displayed by editing the game iso file with a hex editor (like HxD). Open the file in the editor and you will see "GALE01" and "Super Smash Bros Melee" somewhere in the first couple of lines. Just change both to whatever you want and they will be displayed that way in the loader.

Last edited:

Apostasy Plague

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5430-1139-5156
And if I'd like to avoid dios mios? I'm assuming I'd have to use the hex editor to change one of the isos from GALE01 to (ex.) GALX01, then create a GALX01 folder within my game folder for the edited iso? Using only nintendont I don't believe I'll be able to use the same game ID twice, as the folder titled "GALE01" would be overwritten, as would the iso itself because the file has to be named "Game".

Last edited:

Pauer

The Pauerful
Oh no, you can simply use the same game ID twice. I don't because I get seperate save files that way.

You don't have to name your folder after the game ID for nintendont, that's only for Dios Mios.

Here's a quote from gbattempt:
"The game path expected by Nintendont is :
SD:/games/whatever you want/game.iso"

So just call the folder whatever you want and drag the two isos in there. When you start nintendont, you'll simply see two SSBMs.

Apostasy Plague

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5430-1139-5156
You sir, are a saint. How is your setup configured? I'm interested in learning more.

edit: i figured everything out, and have both versions set up with different game ids, and names listed in nintendont. i appreciate the help man. its pretty difficult to find solid guides for this.

Last edited:

Reigningraichu

Smash Rookie
Hey so how were you able to run both 20xx hackpack and 20xxte on a single usb/sd card? I only have the 20xx hackpack on nintendont right now.. Im a noob at this kind of stuff. So if you could I would like some help with that.

Top Bottom