• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX Music Manager v1.2f [Update 2016-04-14]

Umbry789

Smash Rookie
Temporarily, one will be named MnSlChr.usd (the program will work on this file when you use it), and the other can be named anything. Use the music manager to work on that file, then, swap the names of the two files, then use the program again; so the program should then do the same thing to the second file. When you're all done, one should be named MnSlChr.0sd, and the other MnSlChr.1sd (doesn't really matter which is which, but .1sd is the one normally used as the one containing the Tri-CSPs; if you reverse them, the Debug Menu option regarding Tri-CSPs will also be reversed).

Alternatively, if you know how to use a hex editor, you could copy the modified hex from the first file, and paste write (not paste insert) it into the second file. You could diff your original MnSlChr file with your modified one to see what area needs to be copied. If you don't understand this part, just use the above file renaming method.
Wow thanks a lot for that!!! :)

Birgutter

Smash Rookie
NNID
citrous007
When I first start the program and select my ISO nothing happens. And if I select a root directory I can't click ok. Any solutions?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
When I first start the program and select my ISO nothing happens. And if I select a root directory I can't click ok. Any solutions?
Are you using 20XX? With the new 20XX so much has changed since this program was made that I doubt it works with the newest 20XX. I haven't added music in a while, but there are other methods; you probably just have to do it twice now because there are two MnSChrl files. https://smashboards.com/threads/20x...update-2016-04-14.434669/page-3#post-21893062 See the OP for other methods.

Gun.Rugger

Smash Cadet
Is there any intention of adding Linux support? I am running into issues because it is calling an exe with java.

I got the exe to run using the following command:
wine GCReEx.exe -x ../../../smash/RuggerXX.iso

It found all of the addresses of the files and dumped the text into STOUT. Does it feed this data back to the java program somehow?

I'll try a few things and post the results here if I can get it to work.

EDIT:
I tried piping it back into the main jar program, with the following command:
wine res/exe/GCReEx.exe -x ../smash/RuggerXX.iso | java -jar 20XX\ Music\ Manager.jar
but it doesn't want to take it. I also don't know enough about java to reasonably find the bit of code that accepts the output from the exe. I used the following command to unpack the source code, but the class files all have non ascii characters in them:
jar xf 20XX\ Music\ Manager.jar

I'm kind of at a dead end here unless there is a way to make the jar call the exe with wine or something.

Last edited:

Gun.Rugger

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I just ended up doing that. I booted windows and got the thing done. Thank you for your help!

WoodyRun

Smash Rookie
How do I make the .jar file show up? I searched all the pages on this thread and the only answers were "get java" and "open with java." Neither of which worked.

Just incase you haven't figured out another way of getting custom music into 20XX, or figured out that you can right-click the Winrar file inside the music manager and open with Java. But all you need to do is right-click the winrar file and open with Java.
I tried installing java and opening with java like you said and all it does it ask for the root. Once I put in the root location it just loads for a bit then nothing happens after

Last edited by a moderator:

MetaCarpal_Instability

Smash Rookie
Hey I am super confused because I have followed the usage instructions exactly and every time I open the ISO it says "extracting to tmp-dir" or whatever and then the program just closes. I've updated Java, I've installed different releases and this keeps happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Hey I am super confused because I have followed the usage instructions exactly and every time I open the ISO it says "extracting to tmp-dir" or whatever and then the program just closes. I've updated Java, I've installed different releases and this keeps happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated
https://smashboards.com/threads/20x...update-2016-04-14.434669/page-3#post-21463452
Did you try this method? I haven't done this in a while so I am not sure if anything has changed since then but Music Manager isn't a good way to add music anymore.

Top Bottom