• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX installation help please!

khaleesi

Smash Rookie
hello everyone! i'm relatively new to the competitive smash community and this is my first smash boards thread so i apologize if i mess up anything. anyways, i would like to ask for some help with installing the regular 20xx (not 20xxte) on my game cube. i have used the regular 20xx before on my computer via dolphin and think it to be better than 20xxte in terms of practicing (i currently have 20xxte on my game cube). the main reason is that the cpu randomly di's and tech's in regular 20xx and not in 20xxte. if it helps, i used the "homebrewed wii" method to install 20xxte on my game cube and the "recreating iso" method for the 20xx on my computer. thank you very much!
-also i'm not very good with computers so please try to keep it as simple as possible :)

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't think you can have it since 20XX is a .iso file you need to load that which the GameCube has no USB or SD to load it..
Unless you can find GC burning disk or something but I would look up how to pirate games on a GameCube and put in the 20xx iso instead of a real game

khaleesi

Smash Rookie
I don't think you can have it since 20XX is a .iso file you need to load that which the GameCube has no USB or SD to load it..
Unless you can find GC burning disk or something but I would look up how to pirate games on a GameCube and put in the 20xx iso instead of a real game
so there isn't a way to get regular 20xx on the gamecube?
"Due to the way in which Dolphin caches sections of Melee's code, some of the new codes in 3.00+ may not execute their purpose correctly in Dolphin. Everything will work on console though, which is most important." wouldn't this line from the 20xx homepage imply that it is possible on the gamecube?

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Not possible to the average user. They're talking about Nintendont (Or any other GCN loader, like Dios Mios) on a Softmodded Wii.
The gamecube DOES have a homebrew scene, but it's ridiculously small and hard.

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
so there isn't a way to get regular 20xx on the gamecube?
"Due to the way in which Dolphin caches sections of Melee's code, some of the new codes in 3.00+ may not execute their purpose correctly in Dolphin. Everything will work on console though, which is most important." wouldn't this line from the 20xx homepage imply that it is possible on the gamecube?
They mean a soft moded Wii I think but like I said if you can pirate a GC game then you can play 20xx which with a quick Google search I think you can't but its still worth a search

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
... The problem with burning a copy of 20XX to a disk, is that we don't really have access to a proper disk presser. Without it, we can't change the inner ring.

khaleesi

Smash Rookie
oh ok thanks for the clarification. so when I see streamers play on 20xx its without a doubt on dolphin? i find it odd though since 20xx is by far the most popular training mod for smash and the only way to use it is on dolphin, where there's like a little bit of lag compared to gamecube. btw thanks for the replies :)

AirFair

Marth tho
You can't import any kind of iso to Gamecube. The only thing you can modify are memory card files, at least those are the only things I've ever touched.

Streamers are most often using a Wii if not dolphin.

Last edited:

khaleesi

Smash Rookie
You can't import any kind of iso to Gamecube. The only thing you can modify are memory card files, at least those are the only things I've ever touched.

Streamers are most often using a Wii if not dolphin.
so just to clarify, regular 20xx (not te) can only be played on a wii or dolphin? i have a homebrewed wii so is there a way to get 20xx on there? i just primarily use 20xxte on my gamecube instead of the wii since ive heard that gamecubes 'run' the game more proficiently than the wii does.

Last edited:

AirFair

Marth tho
if you have a homebrewed wii, then you are going to have to get a usb loader, and then load the iso though that. There's stuff on the internet if you search for it.

khaleesi

Smash Rookie
if you have a homebrewed wii, then you are going to have to get a usb loader, and then load the iso though that. There's stuff on the internet if you search for it.
oh ok i'll check that out. thanks you very much

khaleesi

Smash Rookie
so i did some research on this method and it seems the there's no way to import the 20xx from the homebrewed wii with the usb loader into a gamecube memory card so i guess there's just really no way. thank you for trying to help me though i rly appreciate it :)

Top Bottom