• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX Applications to Other Characters

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
This is something I've been thinking about, ever since I saw Hax's Fox take huge leaps and bounds tech skill wise in mere months.

The unofficial leader of the 20XX Revolution, Hax, describes 20XX as picking the perfect option, the one that has the most potential to succeed, and to do frame perfect combos/pressure/movement/etc.

However, Hax only talks about 20XX in Fox terms. What about 20XX for lets say, Falco? Falco is also very technical. Westballz is probably the most technical Falco player but you compare the usage of tech skill between him and Hax and you will see that Hax is notably more of button mashy than Westballz. Westballz also doesn't do that many super technical things, other than 40 multishines (which is gdlk in its own right, but still).

How about 20XX Marth? M2K has only done 20XX Marth in terms of his punish game, but nothing else really. The Moon's Marth can be considered 20XX in terms of movement, but I don't think I've seen him use much dash pivoting.

I feel that the whole era of 20XX as Hax describes it is not just limited to Fox. I feel that pretty much the top 8-10 characters can successfully pull off a 20XX state. I think ICs will shoot up the tiers if someone manages to be 20XX with them.

Opinions on this?

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Marth: throw -> pivot tipper f smash on floaties, actually chain grabbing correctly since only m2k is good at it, pivot dtilt

Falco: see fox lol, improved run off laser edge guards (which are amazing when you hit the lasers), ledge dash->nair fully invincible, doraki (?) wall jump dairs from the ledge on command (between that and a ledge hop bair you command a stupid amount of space off stage)

Sheik: covering all dthrow options 100% of the time vs. Falcon AND Fox which can be done, getting much better vs. Falco

Falcon: 100% tech chases vs. spacies

plenty more I'm sure

Last edited:

Sashimi

Smash Ace
20XX Yoshi is kind of dumb.

Almost every attack in the game loses to parrying (including grabs and most multihits), and if you hit him with one of the few multi-hit moves that's fast enough to beat parrying, it almost always loses the the crouch cancel option select. The only exception I know of is Fox Dair. Most characters can't hit him at all.

You can't shield his attacks because he'll start pressuring your shield with constant DJC Nairs or Uairs, waiting to parry whatever you do out of shield, and you can't crouch cancel his aerials because he'll parry (or crouch cancel, see above) whatever you do after your crouch cancel.

While you're offstage, reverse edge-canceled eggs let him throw an egg at you basically anywhere offstage every 39 frames, so recovering is also difficult. Even if you make it back by SDIing the eggs, you've taken probably 70% in the process and are in enough hitstun for Yoshi to Nair you back offstage.

townes

Smash Apprentice
With the prince, you can practice dthrow tech chasing falcon since P2 CPU random DIs and rendom tec options. Practice getting that 0-death on spacies since P2 CPU random DIs upthrow every time and jumps out of lag on the first frame possible. With infinite shield, you can practice marth's shield pressure game (fair dtilt SHDF another dtilt). Never miss an L cancel again after practice with missed L cancels flashes red. Practice smash DI with CPU fox who can drillshine uthrow uair. Powershield falco's shortest SHDL with CPU falco.
All that being said, the hack pack is far and away most suited for fox. If you play fox, you have the hack pack, and you have the TIME, yet you're not godlike, you suck at life. No excuse. Even with all that ****, I still can't really do too much with it. I wish marth could utilize it better, but it really is the 20XX hack pack (for fox). I'm not discrediting it in any way. It's amazing. But it's definitely most useful for fox.

Top Bottom