• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20xx (4.06) on gamecube? (help, I'm impatient and bad with computers)

m0use

Smash Rookie
I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out if this is even possible.... there's so much info related to the newest hack pack that I cant bother filtering through it all. What resources I should use to figure out what the crap I'm supposed to do? I have all the necessary hardware... I've already made the switch to 20xxte and it runs perfectly well on my GC... But the website for 20xxte made it so painfully simple, even I could handle it. Thanks, in advance.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out if this is even possible.... there's so much info related to the newest hack pack that I cant bother filtering through it all. What resources I should use to figure out what the crap I'm supposed to do? I have all the necessary hardware... I've already made the switch to 20xxte and it runs perfectly well on my GC... But the website for 20xxte made it so painfully simple, even I could handle it. Thanks, in advance.
Do you have a GameCube SD card reader and the action replay disc that enables you to load ISO's off an SD card? I looked at this stuff a while ago and as far as I can remember that's what you need to do it, playing modded games is much harder on a GameCube than a Wii.

m0use

Smash Rookie
Damn. I have none of those. I have a Wii with homebrew, I have an SD card, and I understand how GCMM works. I guess I was trying to find out how to turn the 20xx 4.06 ISO into a file that can be loaded using GCMM.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
If I remember correctly, 20xxte is loaded through modifications to the save file on the memory card (probably using GCMM? I haven't looked too much into it). However, this doesn't work for the hack pack because the size of the modificiations is too big.

Are you opposed to running it on your Wii?

m0use

Smash Rookie
Ahhh, that explains it. I would use the Wii but my mom actually uses it for Netflix in our living room. I gotta go get my own. Thanks for your help brother

Pauer

The Pauerful
might be cheaper to get your mom a used amazon fire TV stick or something comparable. It would also help your mom since Wiis can only display 480p.

m0use

Smash Rookie
Very good idea. The funny thing about that is... she already has one.... but hates using it. It would totally solve my problem, though, so hopefully I can get her to make the switch. Although, I could just do it anyway and use it when I can. Either way, I wanna thank you both for giving me feedback. I'm still amazed by the dedication our community has to keeping this game thriving. I've been playing melee since it came out, only to find, just 2 years ago, that it happens to be the most dynamic 2D fighter in the universe. My friend, Zach, was looking through my old video games, found melee, and almost had a stroke. "You know this is, like, the best game ever, right?" he told me. At the time, he was going to tourneys for sm4sh and had a rudimentary understanding of advanced tech in melee. Needless to say, he could 4-stock me endlessly. Now, I had another friend, Chad, who lived with Lucky Wind for about six months. Lucky Wind is 4th on the NC sm4sh PR, was one of the greatest PM players in NC, and was on the melee PR for north and south Carolina for several years. I had no idea Chad lived with this guy and played friendlies with him every day for half a year straight... Chad was a different beast than Zach at the time, and not only could 4-stock me endlessly, he could do it while talking and he made it look effortless. Fast forward to a few months ago, and I start playing with Felipe, who played thousands of friendlies with PPMD... And, once again, I'm getting 4-stocked effortlessly, only this time, I 'thought' I knew what I was doing. I had to improve. There was no choice. I've been told that I seem like I've been playing competitively for 5 years, yet, I haven't been to a single tournament to this day. I now have an edge over both my friends, Chad and Zach, and am constantly improving. Although I owe a lot to these guys, I also owe so much to people like you guys. You represent, to me, the willingness of the community to help people you don't know. You both had no incentive to help me, but you did anyway, which is a constant I'm finding within the melee universe. I hope you both keep grinding, and I hope my story inspires you in some fashion.

Top Bottom