• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX 4.05 CPU

TheMrL

Smash Rookie
I want to know if I treat the new AI like a person and friendlies it, will it still give bad habits like old ones, or is it more just like a frame perfect bad opponent now.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
I haven't played them myself but I've watched Leffen play them on stream, and you definitely shouldn't treat them like a person based off of what I saw.

Crashs

Smash Rookie
Use it as a learning tool. Combo them and just pay attention to the DI and teching and stuff like that. They still aren't the same as good 'ol friendlies.

yttik

less bad habits, but humans are still 10x better, even bad ones

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Probably really good for trying to solidify your tech-skill, aka make sure it works as fast as possible under the pressure of a super fast 20xx 4.05 cpu

Otherwise, it's definitely not the same as playing against a person

Jackson

Smash Lord
Is there any way to make the CPUs in 4.05 chill out and stop spamming so many hitboxes but still shine asap after teching? I just want to grab them with my set up high tech in place ratio but they spaz out super hard lol

Dat Aint Falco

Smash Cadet
does anyone else have a problem with the CPU in 20XX 4.05? They're definitely a lot harder but often times they'll SD or just spam the same move over and over again. On certain stages they'll walk into walls.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
They're good for practicing reaction time and movement and combos with their DI and Tech habits, but don't treat them as people, especially the spacies. The spacies have this bad habit against ledge stalling where they run off and side b towards ledge and get edge hogged and die, as well as the aforementioned problems.

Top Bottom