• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20TE glitch or MELEE?! Help!

Nearaxel

Smash Rookie
Alright, me and my friend were playing on 20TE, I was fox (p1) and he was marth (p2). We were on Fountain of dreams.
What happened?
Well, I was at 110%, marth was waiting for me in the middle of the stage. I roll in, he grabs, miss the grab, and I vanish off the screen and a stock is gone instantly.
I don't have any video of it happening. Im wondering if anyone else has experienced a sudden stock loss on FoD. It happened instantaneously. No blast zone animation, nothing. My stock icon is taken, and I respawn.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Alright, me and my friend were playing on 20TE, I was fox (p1) and he was marth (p2). We were on Fountain of dreams.
What happened?
Well, I was at 110%, marth was waiting for me in the middle of the stage. I roll in, he grabs, miss the grab, and I vanish off the screen and a stock is gone instantly.
I don't have any video of it happening. Im wondering if anyone else has experienced a sudden stock loss on FoD. It happened instantaneously. No blast zone animation, nothing. My stock icon is taken, and I respawn.
There is a setting in 20XX's debug menu that makes you lose a stock if you roll (the setting is named "Rolling Forces Death"). Was that active?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
No. The only settings that are/were on; l cancel flash, skip results screen, salty run back, custom shield colours.
Hmmm... In that case, I don't know. I'd guess it's 20TE simply because in vanilla Melee:

1. There's always a blast zone animation no matter how fast you go off-screen
2. I've never heard of someone dying of any other cause than going off-screen

With that said, I have no super solid evidence to support it not being caused by vanilla Melee.

Last edited:

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Hmmm... In that case, I don't know. I'd guess it's 20TE simply because in vanilla Melee:

1. There's always a blast zone animation no matter how fast you go off-screen
2. I've never heard of someone dying of any other cause than going off-screen

With that said, I have no super solid evidence to support it not being caused by vanilla Melee.
Stamina mode!!111 :D

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Your terrible teams partner dies... quickly... and you have 2+ stocks?
But then you stock is stolen, not lost. The stock icon doesn't disappear, but it is taken by your inconsiderate "friend" who will likely blame the loss on you even though he lost 5 stocks.

Top Bottom