• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2015 Ness main footage from Georgia

GPJ4RCE

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this isn't contextual but I'm streaming as an active ness main in ssbm and PM (I also play Lucas in PM). Here are some games from last night's stream on my buddy's Twitch channel NomadAssassinX.

I will also post on here when we're streaming again. So here they are.

http://www.twitch.tv/nomadassassinx/b/639019277 Ness action starts at 41:00

For some reason the stream was uploaded multiple times. I think they're all the same.

Enjoy and critique hard please.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Some things i noticed (i'm using "you" here even though i don't know if it's actually you or not)

1) When recovering low and close to the wall on yoshi's, the recovery is guaranteed as long as the ledge is open obviously. You gave up a stock in this situation when you couldn't really be threatened in time.

2) I like how you air dodge but there are times when you air dodge to get on the ground and there's no immediate threat around when it's probably better to use auto-cancel dair instead so you have a lot more time to get yourself in a better position.

I really like how the first YYG was handled. The jacket was equipped quickly and he jabbed on air in order to get rid of the ghost hitbox (although the next thing he hit with was fair which would have connected if there was no jab but whatever).

Last edited:

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
dang i made a post but it got lost to the smashboards maintenance

anyway, long story short: Try to cut down your reliance shield grabs. Try to be deliberate with your dash attack spacing. Certain stages appear to end sooner than they actually do causing many a Ness player to upB just at the end of the ground and slide off instead of using upB in the air(when running off into an upB).<----This eliminates the normal hover Ness gets when using upB in the air. Common occurrence on Yoshi's Story and Green Greens; be mindful of that and you shouldnt SD in that way. Also, try to not let so many missed/shielded dsmashes from Peach go unpunished.

GPJ4RCE

Smash Rookie
2) I like how you air dodge but there are times when you air dodge to get on the ground and there's no immediate threat around when it's probably better to use auto-cancel dair instead so you have a lot more time to get yourself in a better position.
Do you mean when im coming up from the ledge or in mid battle?

@ Simna ibn Sind Simna ibn Sind Yeah I def shield grab too much. I will try and better space my dash attack.

I have a combo that's almost 0 to death that im gonna throw on my instagram haha. Jab reset with d-tilt is sexy!

GPJ4RCE

Smash Rookie
Will be streaming again tomorrow night on the same stream listed above starting around 7:30.

EDIT: it's 9:00 pm march 26 and the stream is up!!!

Last edited:

Peléo

Smash Rookie
You have great ground movement and plataform manouvering, but there are a couple options that are underexplored in your Ness, like WD OOS (you rely to much on rolls), Shield Drops (with falling Uair) and Plataform cancels.

GPJ4RCE

Smash Rookie
Definitely gonna try that shield drop thing. And yeah that stream wasn't actually streaming but it was recorded and uploaded to the channel. We seem to have a Weekly developing so expect a stream on Thursday nights or uploaded video the next day. Thanks for the critiques and comments guys you're awesome! Keep it up!

Top Bottom