• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2014 NBA Finals Predictions?

Ethereal_Sin

Smash Rookie
I know it's pretty early to call only being a little over 50 games into the season, but who do you all see making it to the finals this year? I see the Pacers and Miami in the ECF this year but this time with Indiana progressing, and in the West I can see OKC vs the Spurs. But ultimately I think it'll be OKC vs. IND and OKC winning in about 6 games or so. It's the year of KD and I'm not even a Thunder fan.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Like you said, it's too early to guess. But barring injuries and such it's hard to pick against what you have listed. However, Miami always kicks into another gear later in the season so we'll see where that goes. I do see OKC winning the west, but who they play against is a bit of a toss up because of how stacked the western conference is. There is a very real possibility that the bottom 4 of the Western Playoffs are 45-50 win teams which is ridiculous compared to the east, where you'll probably get in to the playoffs at just around 35-40 wins.

Ethereal_Sin

Smash Rookie
Agreed. The east isn't really looking like much, but of course as we all know the regular season means nothing when the playoffs start so anything could happen.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I'm going to go out on a limb and take the Indiana Pacers to win the finals over the OKC Thunder (can't stand Miami since they got Lebron).

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
As a Miami homer, I am not afraid of Indiana. Yes they are a great team. But they are still a flawed team. Plus that Granger for Evan Turner trade will bite them in the butt in the future. Trust me.

I got the Heat winning the east since the east is the biggest joke I ever seen in my life. You know something is wrong when the Bobcats have a playoff spot.

The west tho is just way too complicated to figure out because its so deep. OKC has durant but he will only go as far as Westbrook stays healthy. Which has been hit or miss lately. San Antonio...we say it every year. Theyre too old, too slow, blah blah blah. Yet if Jesus didnt make that shot they be hoisting the chip and not Miami. But this looks like the year they wont make it all the way. You got the Clippers but its the Clippers. That culture of that franchise will hold that franchise back until they actually get over that hump. I had golden state in the finals in the beginnning of the year but they look like theyre just a year away. Rockets I think will shock some ppl and more playoff type team to win the west.

So if I have to say

Miami vs Thunder/Rockets in the NBA Finals

Top Bottom