• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2013 - YEAR OF LUIGI

fribjits

Smash Apprentice
Since 2013 is officially the Year of Luigi :luigimelee: we Luigi mains need to step it up! Since Luigi's have been winning tournaments lately I know it's possible. So let's Neutral air it into high gear and show all these other Neentendo characters how it's DONE! Evo 2013?? Moar like LUIGI 2013! :luigimelee:

I mean come on the new tier list doesn't lie;

God Tier: Luigi

Poo Tier: Everyone else lol.

D

Deleted member

God, I remember when I would washdash mad hard with Luigi when I was casual-playing with my brother and friends.
They were so confused lol

now its hard to wavedash since i haven't played melee in 2 years XD

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
3 luigis in the top 15 at zenith. Well ****ing done.

badangadang

Smash Apprentice
So some people should start compiling clips of luigi for 2013 for the Year of Luigi Combo Video that is going to inevitably happen whether you like it or not.

badangadang

Smash Apprentice
>implying that he's been ignored this year between Vudujin and Abate at Zenith and Apex

Luigi's been doing really well this year I think. At a tourney this weekend I was talking to some other Luigi mains about starting up a combo video and some other people were really interested as well. I think it'd be a really good idea; if it's really, really polished I think it could be one of the best combo videos of the year.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
>implying that he's been ignored this year between Vudujin and Abate at Zenith and Apex.
Yeah. Abate and Vudu are too good. But my time will come.

For that fact I believe that every luigi main should have a chance to be in this; not just our big shots. We want to see the greats, and also the future for the Man In Green

badangadang

Smash Apprentice
That's the idea I was aiming at yeah. I'll suggest combining brawl and pm in there as well to give Luigi the biggest, fullest spotlight we can.

badangadang

Smash Apprentice
I should have mentioned this earlier but was typing in a hurry: The issue about it is, as a friend brought up, most Melee players are very distasteful toward Brawl, so including more than one game in a combo video possibly a risky move.

What do the other luigi players think, let's hear more opinions.

badangadang

Smash Apprentice
I hate to admit it but this is one of the best-made combo videos I've seen. And I don't even like Brawl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLr4vVeqQpw

I think if we can collaborate across the boards to put out the three combo videos (2 if we combine Melee and PM?) before December that would be a cool project. I've never made a combo video before though, so anyone with experience or ability is more than welcome to contribute whatever they can.

I don't know anything about this year in Brawl, much less Luigi in Brawl so I'm hoping that someone else does. I also havne't seen much of Luigi in PM, so we'll need to still gather clips.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
I agree. We should have 3 different combo videos for melee, P:M, and Brawl. We should leave the brawl video for their scene, but we should handle the melee and help the P:M.

But when should we start? Who will take the lead?

Artificial Flavour

Smash Apprentice
We should all just post videos of combos in here and make sure to use time stamps. Someone will need to edit them all though, and I have no experience in that area.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
lol geof, tryna go for the geof combo in tourney
na man thats the grimiest thing ive ever seen

but i forgot its hella broken that luigi mains get missfire 7/8 times instead of everyone else 1/8

badangadang

Smash Apprentice
Does the combo video need a new thread or since this one doesn't really have much going on should we just use this one.

If we can post the clips and timestamps like Artificial Flavour suggested that would work great, and if people can also include short descriptions of the clips it might help speed things up a tad bit by helping with organizing. Abate and Vudujin have made good Luigi combo videos this year, so they could be good to lead this project. If they don't want to be directly involved or don't have time, anyone else with any experience should head this project. Until then, I guess I'll semi-manage it for now since no one else has stepped up to it yet? I have exceedingly sparse experience with movie editing but I might be able to put something together in Windows Movie Maker or iMovie.

Unless it's against any kind of rules, start posting links to various vids to go into the combo video now for whoever wants to edit everything. Dunno how long a project like this takes so we should start asap, and then we can delay a release until whenever we want if we need to.

edit: my misfires happen 5/4 times

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
lol geof, tryna go for the geof combo in tourney
na man thats the grimiest thing ive ever seen

but i forgot its hella broken that luigi mains get missfire 7/8 times instead of everyone else 1/8
actually i saved the only footage of Crossfire 2 Melee, and Its my combo. Nair, Uthrow, Misfire to Death.

Also I think this combo video should have its own thread. I could make it, just for keeping the combos, not make the video.

In addition, Luigi Mains Defy the 1/8 Misfire rule. We usually get, at the least, 2/5

badangadang

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good to me, it'll be easier to organize. I guess I can go ahead and make it now and just have people submit clips to it in replies.

Top Bottom