• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

200th Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam350z

Smash Cadet
Sorry if I should have put this in the Update section, I wasn't quite sure because I'm not discussing a specific update.

I've got a database of the updates that I just finally updated myself, and I noticed that...
Friday's update was our 200th Update! It was pretty good too, Pikmin & Olimar: Special Moves!

Just thought I'd bring it too your attention, in a few days I may be posting a pie chart of some sort...

oh, but friday was only the 164th Day we've gotten updates, which means we've had 18 double updates! Maybe we should look out for something good on the 175th day of updates: Jan. 28th!

platnum

Smash Lord
Sorry if I should have put this in the Update section, I wasn't quite sure because I'm not discussing a specific update.

I've got a database of the updates that I just finally updated myself, and I noticed that...
Friday's update was our 200th Update! It was pretty good too, Pikmin & Olimar: Special Moves!

Just thought I'd bring it too your attention, in a few days I may be posting a pie chart of some sort...

oh, but friday was only the 164th Day we've gotten updates, which means we've had 18 double updates! Maybe we should look out for something good on the 175th day of updates: Jan. 28th!
no need for jan 28 update speculation,by jan.28 well know EVERYTHING about Brawl.

adam350z

Smash Cadet
no need for jan 28 update speculation,by jan.28 well know EVERYTHING about Brawl.
very true, but there might be more concrete info and pictures, It doesn't seem like we're very good at getting info from Japan, remember Jump Festa, things we got pretty much nothing, and we weren't for sure about Kirby and Wario until a few days after, I just see the Japan release as being a huge mess.

Just picture the choas of how many people will lie saying this and that, and whoever is in the game, when really they end up with no evidence...I'm not so sure I'll even be on Smashboards for a little while after, I'll definently keep up with the DOJO.

And if info gets to us easier than I expect, than the DOJO will still give us cool screenshots...and quotes.

At least I hope the DOJO continues after the Japanese release, especially for Australia's sake :chuckle:

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Looking forward to updates always ends in frustration. Aside that, the above is most likely correct. Maybe not EVERYTHING but there won't be much that is not revealed by then.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
um.. I'm in japan, and I speak full english, and I'm attending a 4 day(23-27) brawlfest, and I can post here, and like tell you everything I know?

also, pictures is not a big problem, seeing that I have, OMG? a Camera?

seriously, how can you compare info from a 1 day demo that no american went to(other than kokichi, and it took him time to post and he only played 2 games) to a full game many have pre-ordered and some are going to play on the launch?

adam350z

Smash Cadet
Looking forward to updates always ends in frustration. Aside that, the above is most likely correct. Maybe not EVERYTHING but there won't be much that is not revealed by then.
yah, it does get pretty frustrating, maybe i'll only check in the morning or even afternoon so I can go to bed before 11.

True Fool

Smash Ace
If Olimar was the actual 200th update, then I might see something. But Sakurai doesn't care what day it is. He pulls updates from his hat, and every time he gets Captain Falcon, he pretends to sneeze and drop it back in, then he says "Whoops.", and the rest of the staff watching dies a little.

adam350z

Smash Cadet
um.. I'm in japan, and I speak full english, and I'm attending a 4 day(23-27) brawlfest, and I can post here, and like tell you everything I know?

seriously, how can you compare info from a 1 day demo that no american went to(other than kokichi, and it took him time to post and he only played 2 games) to a full game many have pre-ordered and some are going to play on the launch?
Sorry. I guess I didn't really consider the fact that an American fluent in Japanese, living in Japan, would want to be a part of an American forum.
I pretty much thought we'd have to search Japanese forums and translate :ohwell:
Maybe everything will be great...as long as tons of people don't all talk at once, 7/8 of them being liars:urg:

adam350z

Smash Cadet
If Olimar was the actual 200th update, then I might see something. But Sakurai doesn't care what day it is. He pulls updates from his hat, and every time he gets Captain Falcon, he pretends to sneeze and drop it back in, then he says "Whoops.", and the rest of the staff watching dies a little.
:laugh: yah, and then when his staff whispers to another staff member: "Did he just put that back?' Sakurai hear him and screams: "You don’t have time to ponder such questions, as I have just grabbed a Smash Ball!" :laugh:

Scott667

Smash Rookie
Actually the 200th update is on Monday. In America there are 200 updates but to Japan/UK/other there is only 199. America got a special update for the delay that no one else has!

So on Monday Sakurai could give a big update for the Japanese 200th update!!! (Although now that we are back into 'good updates' weeks it doesn't matter anyway)

True Fool

Smash Ace

Israeli smash champ from Japan, who not only speaks, but types in fluent english?

... ... ...Not the most believable thing I've ever heard.

adam350z

Smash Cadet
Actually the 200th update is on Monday. In America there are 200 updates but to Japan/UK/other there is only 199. America got a special update for the delay that no one else has!

So on Monday Sakurai could give a big update for the Japanese 200th update!!! (Although now that we are back into 'good updates' weeks it doesn't matter anyway)
Oh, right nice catch, maybe he'll just go announce-crazy and give us the rest of the roster, or like...3 newcomers at once...The First Triple Update!!!!

Zezzl

Smash Rookie
Oh, right nice catch, maybe he'll just go announce-crazy and give us the rest of the roster, or like...3 newcomers at once...The First Triple Update!!!!
Theres already been a Triple Update, Two to be Precise. America got an Extra Update with the Delay and Japan got an Extra Update with some Cooking Mama Music when Kirby's Final Smash was Announced!

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Israeli smash champ from Japan, who not only speaks, but types in fluent english?

... ... ...Not the most believable thing I've ever heard.
He didn't say he was from Japan, only that he was there. And why the hell shouldn't he be able to speak English?

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman

I know we had two triple updates (sept. 7 and may 22). And i think you thought wrong. It must have been 32 DU's.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
I remember when Snake was revealed we got his Special Moves and SOng also, making it a triple update.

October 10th also, we had Sonic, Snic joins the Brawl and Nintendo Fall conference trailer.

September 7t with My Music, Pokemon Stadium 2 Them and Smash Bros. Main Theme.

And the first day of update, May 22.The Musicians, Battlefield and Basic Rules.

adam350z

Smash Cadet
sorry I went to bed, I guess I'll have to check my records to see how many triple and double we've had. And I don't think I counted Japans Kirby Cooking Song as a separate update. And some other songs may have been technically in the same update as something else, like the two pokemon music updates in one "section thingy" so maybe it's not the 200th "piece of DOJO information we've got" but it is the 200th "seperate box for each update". I'll count how many actual triple's we've had: three boxes of updates on one day.

Also mind you that I just look at the list of updates starting with the latest and work my way up, so I only see the title unless I keep it up from day to day, which I hadn't in about 2 months.

adam350z

Smash Cadet
We've had 4 triple's: The 1st, 79th, 89th, and 102nd Day of Updates.
The 1st Triple on the 1st Day: The Basic Rules, Battlefield, and The Musicians.
The 2nd Triple on the 79th Day: My Music, Pokémon: Pokémon Stadium/Evolution, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Main Theme.
The 3rd Triple on the 89th Day: Snake, Metal Gear Solid: MGS4 Love Theme (Smash Bros. Brawl Version), and Snake: Special Moves.
And The 4th and Last Triple on the 102nd Day: Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog Joins the Brawl, and Nintendo Conference Fall 2007 Movie.

Looks like about 10 days between 2, 3, and 4, so it may be time for another triple, ,maybe even 2 or 3 character's on one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom