• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 uses for the up B

SlutMachine

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so some of u might know these two things, and some of u might not...idk

Anywayz

1.) Quick Edgehoge...

U run off the ledge and just as u fall of do the up B. What should happen is that jiggly just falls right on the ledge before she starts to sing. If you end up jumping and she starts singing, that's not it. This move is kinda like Link's little up B off the ledge trick. It's kinda hard to do, but I'm sure it's pretty useful.

2.) Sweet Spotted Up B?

This one I'm not so sure about. As you come back from under the ledge, if you jump and then up B at the right distance, Jiggly will kinda go up a little bit and grab the ledge from under. It's a little harder to explain this one, but I think most of u know wat I'm talking about. Only problem is, idk if it's really a sweetspotted type of move or not, since I haven't had any real ppl to practice it on, so lemme know if it works.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
ive never found it necessary to use up b to sweetspot since she can just fly over with her super pounds. only time i sweetspot is with rollout to look flashy.
as for the quick edgehog, its not as quick as you think, its faster to simply jump and fastfall backwards.

2. doesnt m2k live in lawrenceville? dont hate. nvm cinaminininininson.

Smash Master
The best use for up-B is to perform a ledge-cancelled sing on an opponent trying to edgegard you. You put them to sleep, float over and use rest from right next to the edge.

SlutMachine

Smash Journeyman
ive never found it necessary to use up b to sweetspot since she can just fly over with her super pounds. only time i sweetspot is with rollout to look flashy.
as for the quick edgehog, its not as quick as you think, its faster to simply jump and fastfall backwards.

2. doesnt m2k live in lawrenceville? dont hate.
Yea I realized it might not be the best thing ever for the sweetspot thting....its just really good if u r forced to come back from under. U can also ledgetech if u do that since u can press the button early without airdodging.

And the quick edgehog might be a little quicker than jumping, i think, but either way it looks mad cool.

M2K lives at lville??!?!??!! I gotta find him...I'm not there now though cuz i just go to the boardin school there and i'm back for summer

andrewpeirce

Smash Apprentice
yep, at least for me up b sometimes causes jiggly puff to "jump" up a bit. I used it to get back on a ledge, but only once :laugh:

Sliq

Smash Master
The only time I would suggest sing edgehog is on YS, considering it is an instant ledge grab (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dl1aiC84lGk).

This can be useful for getting Sheik's onto the level, and taking away the ledge from space animals who like to cancel their upward jump momentum into a sweetspotted over b, only to find you there, and them dying.

I use the sing to sweetspot the edge, and also as a means to buffer for teching. If you just use jump to grab the edges, and go to tech a hit, you can accidentally air dodge before the hit, or even just air dodge without them attacking, leaving you vulnerable.

However, during sing, you don't have to worry about air dodging, so it makes it a lot easier to tech tippers. It also helps for sweetspotting, but is easily edghogged if someone catches on.

Edit: just read ALL of the posts in this thread, and realized the only thing I added was the YS insta-sing edgehog. -_-;

saberhof

Smash Master
is the insta sing in the guide? id liek to know how to do this constantly, cause i always jump then sing in the air and then grab the edge. >_>...

RPK

Smash Lord
Id put it in, but now adays Im just lazy with it >3<
EDIT: Just run off of the ledge, and right when you leave the ground up+B
I dont do it though because I accidentally jump then up B

psicicle

Smash Ace
Yea I realized it might not be the best thing ever for the sweetspot thting....its just really good if u r forced to come back from under. U can also ledgetech if u do that since u can press the button early without airdodging.

And the quick edgehog might be a little quicker than jumping, i think, but either way it looks mad cool.

M2K lives at lville??!?!??!! I gotta find him...I'm not there now though cuz i just go to the boardin school there and i'm back for summer
lawrenceville GA :(

Top Bottom