• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 Questions about placing certain attacks

Tetch

Smash Rookie
First, how do you guys utilize DDD's up-tilt? Like, do you use it out of a shield? While your opponent is in front of you? Do you combo into it?

It's an excellent move, but I can never find any great times to use it.

Secondly, same question goes for his bair. Do you guys just short hop this thing? I've been trying to short hop it and then fast fall, but I can never get the timing right.

I just feel like I don't use these moves enough, and they could probably improve my game substantially

limitbreak

Smash Ace
B air you absolutely have to learn how to use. I suggest reading one of the strat guides or watch some vids on 3D. U tilt is a great move with very little range (you have to be right on top of someone for it to hit). I only use it when there is an opportunity, if for some reason the person is above me (platform) or if someone rolls right on top of me.

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
i only use utilt if they're above me on a platform, if they roll on top of me, or if they fall onto me with an aerial i usually spot-dodge to utilt.

as for the bair, short-hopping it definitely works. i would just suggest maybe working more on the timing. imo, you can never really go wrong with using the bair, but you don't want to get too predictable with it.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
running away and short hopping back with Bair is good

Bair off grabbing the ledge is good

for edgeguarding

fullhopping with Bair to intercept in the air

approaching anyone at a higher elevation, raring with it

Bair is so good and useful!!!!

Utilt is much less useful. Although it's still good if they're on top of you. If they're in front of you, you'd probably want to chain grab or back throw.

Save the Asians

Smash Cadet
Just practice short hopping backwards while using his Bair. Eventually it's going to become muscle memory. I usually spot-dodge then use his U-Tilt, but it works a lot better with his D-Tilt since it's faster.

Doval

Smash Lord
approaching anyone at a higher elevation, raring with it
I find f-air to be far more practical for approaching anyone at a higher elevation. Has almost the same killing power, covers a better angle of attack and it's disjointed.

Tetch

Smash Rookie
Okay, I've been working on shorthopping the bair, but do you guys fastfall it to make sure it connects? I have a real hard time making it connect with the shorter characters like Kirby and metaknight. I can fastfall his nair easily, but for some reason the bair wont cooperate with me

Save the Asians

Smash Cadet
If it helps try making your c-stick as your attack, that way you won't have to worry about back a so much while fastfalling down.

Tetch

Smash Rookie
What exactly do you mean? I think it's easier going from the jump button to just A, rather than moving my thumb all the way down to the c-stick

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
Uhh, utilt near the beginning of the game is great to start a combo and can be used out of shield as a sudden attack

I use bair rarely, even though it is a killing move, I prefer uair and dair better even if they are multi-hit moves, and Fair is just horrible.

Top Bottom