• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 ledge-attack techniques or OMFG! PIT HAS AN EDGECAMP GAME!

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
First technique: Ledgehop away from the ledge, fire an arrow in towards the stage and you should be able to grab the ledge again by DI'ing back.

Second technique: Ledge-hop nair and before you land, DI backwards to grab the ledge again sliding momentarily on the stage.

Could someone confirm these?

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=GcvRFy_o68Y 1. 2:00-2:02. 1. 3:30-3:32.

Do you think it's possible at 3:55, lmnz could've gone a bit farther and simply mirror shielded his thunder away?

UPDATE: Did you know you can short-hop Dair into a grab?

Corigames

Smash Hero
I can ledge-hop an arrow and grab the edge without moving left or right, so Idon't doubt that you can't use those

And yes, the mirror shield would have worked there, the problem is that when getting it out you have to press down so you usually end up fast-falling the shield when in the air.

thehunger77

Smash Rookie
I prefer ledge-hop bairs better myself. Pit's bair comes out quick and better yet, has excellent knockback. Connecting with a sweetspotted bair, even at moderate damage, will give you a lot of room, a good spot to fire some more Arrows, Arrows, Arrows. Plus when they're at low damages you can still regrab the ledge so they can't retaliate because of that whole grab the ledge no matter what direction you're facing thing in brawl.

Top Bottom