• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.6 Randomly freezes?

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I've been playing Project M ever since Demo 2.0, and I've never had any problems and freezes when I play the game. However, when I made the switch from Demo 2.5b to Demo 2.6, I've noticed that the game likes to freeze randomly for no real reason. It usually happens on the CSS, but it sometimes happens during a match. This is really annoying me, since I don't know what the heck the problem is, so if anyone has any idea as to what the problem could be, I would be more than happy to hear it!

Also, I use Riivolution 1.04 (Riivolution 1.05 doesn't work for me), and I have a bunch of custom content like textures for characters, all new stages, and all new music. The stages and music don't seem to be the problem, but maybe the character textures or the menus are the problem. Like I said, I have no idea why Demo 2.6 keeps freezing on me, so hopefully these details might help a bit.

If anyone is able to help me out, please do so! Thanks in advance! :bluejump:

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I got a single random freeze on the CSS but I assumed it was because I recently implemented cBliss and haven't quite worked out all of the kinks yet. Maybe try running for awhile without using the characters or menus for a little while? Like I said, I've only got a single freeze and I think it may have been my fault.

Take note of when the game freezes, if it's usually with a certain character (or over a certain character on the CSS), if it's after selecting a character, when it's loading, etc. The more we know the easier it'll be to narrow it down.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Okay, I'l try to play around with it a bit to see what kind of results I get. I know that I changed the CSS icons recently, so that could actually be the problem, I guess.

I'll come back once I feel like I found out my answer. (I didn't install cBliss or the Stage Expansion Pack, BTW. Just in case anyone asks.)

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Okay, I think I found my problem...

Whenever I try to pick Ness on the character select screen, the game freezes and locks up. I don't know why I didn't realize this earlier, but I've just realized that he was the reason on why the game kept crashing on me. Playing matches are fine, picking any other character is fine, it's just Ness that doesn't work when we try to pick him on the CSS.

I've changed the image format of Ness's CSPs from CMPR to C18, but it still crashes. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? I need help ASAP, and thanks in advance!

Top Bottom