• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1v1 | Turing Test Mafia - Game Over!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's a question I can't answer right now. I'll give lots of answers but to give you that specific answer will allow me to be played if I'm wrong.

More questions please.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Your lack of aggressiveness strikes me as odd. From my point of view, if you were a human you would be more aggressive in your methodology in rooting out replicants, but you're doing it slow and steady. Is this just your playstyle?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know my playstyle, honestly. I don't have any experience whatsoever in a 1v1 game like this. I'm trying to sort it out as I go. I have come up with a few theories that should make this better than the 50-50 chance that it appears to be, but I could be totally wrong. I'm definitely going to go read some other 1v1 games on other boards after this game ends.

I imagine my playstyle here is at least in some way connected to my playstyle in usual mafia games: ask questions, poke and prod people a bit, try to get reactions that I can read, be as thorough as possible, etc. But the fact that your faction doesn't matter, and my win condition is essentially to shoot if I believe your a robot, and to no lynch if you're human...it just puts me in a weird position. I don't have the populus to win over. I don't have to make a case to anyone but you. It's interesting.

Furthermore, I have the ever-looming threat that if you're human and I give you the wrong impression, you can shoot and we both lose. I don't like losing because I like being clever, and I especially like games proving to me that I'm clever. So I realllllly want to win this one. It's a bigger challenge to me than usual mafia games because I'm not relying on a bunch of other people being clever. Just making sure that I'm clever, and that I don't make you shoot and ruin the win for us both.

S'tricky.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
It is really tricky. The only person you have to convince is yourself and it transforms into some really weird situations. That's why I didn't vote no lynch earlier. You seemed a little bit too eager to vote no lynch which is what triggered that question. I don't think asking questions is a valid option right now, so I'm gonna think something up and post again.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hoping to hear something from you soon. You haven't really given much to this game. I need more.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
You haven't posted since Wednesday. Do you have plans to play this game, or should I just decide the outcome now?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xatres Xatres in this sort of game, modkilling him for not responding could result in both of us losing, which I don't prefer. If it comes to it, I'd rather simply be told that he's been removed and it's up to me to decide which action I would take so my fate is in my own hands.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Game ends tomorrow night. TSYK I think it's time for you to grill me with questions.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Most likely: You will not bring much activity or questions to the table, and I'll have to make a decision based on my gut.
Somewhat likely: You'll ask a few questions, not follow up on them, fail to grill me about anything that seems out of the ordinary at first glance, and I'll have to make a decision based on my gut.
Somewhat likely: You'll go rambo without warning and shoot and we lose.
Not very likely: you'll mirror my initiative in the first 48 hours and commit to this game enough that we can make good decisions together.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do something to convince me otherwise by 3pm eastern tomorrow, or else I'll shoot. How's that? a no lynch vote would convince me. A lot of activity would convince me.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, I'm done with this ****.

Day Kill: TSYK

I don't even necessarily think you're a robot. I'm just done wasting my time trying to care about a game that you've ruined.

I don't care what role you are. I actually think there's a higher likelihood that you are human than robot. But forget it.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Finally, after what seemed like days of examination, two men were at an impasse.

As one of the men grew increasingly frustrated and paranoid, the other shrunk back into his chair, unable to speak a word. The frustrated man began to pace the room, fuming, begging the other man to convince him he was human. But the second man had no answer.

In a fit of rage, the first man snatched up the gun off the table and leveled the barrel at the second man's face.

"Convince me you are human!" he demanded.

"I... I.... I don't know what to say..." the second man cowered.

A wild expression crossed the first man's face, then he suddenly grew very calm.

"Then I know what I have to do."

He fired, sending blood splattering against walls. Silence followed for a few moments, then was followed by the sound of the gun hitting the floor.

"Congratulations," the voice over the loudspeaker said. "You've just committed murder."

ThatSmasherYouKnow, Human, a One-Shot Day-Vig, has been killed!

Dastrn, Human, a One-Shot Day-Vig, has been taken into police custody.

Town Loses!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was correct in my assumption. Just willing to make sure he lost no matter what.

Xatres Xatres I look forward to ACTUALLY playing a game like this together. We'll hydra the next one?

Sorry your game got wasted on this kid.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
I understand your frustration, but let's not be insulting to TSYK. He's new to mafia and might not have been prepared for such an odd setup.

We will definitely hydra the next one. Xastrn vs. FML!

Maven89 Maven89 - I prefer my games remain in isolated threads. So if you want to start a separate thread for the next 1v1, just tag when you feel ready. No rush.

Also, feel free to run a different 1v1 setup if you want. You are welcome to run Turing Test, your own idea, or I have a few other ideas if you need them.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
I'm incredibly sorry. This week, a bunch of crap caught up with me and I was inactive in everything. At this point, I'm pretty much convinced that I won't have enough time for mafia in my life at this point in time. I'm gonna try and do my best in Twisted Fate, but if I have to call in a sub, it'll probably be because I'm not motivated to play mafia anymore, now or anytime in the future. Again, I'm sorry for being inactive so much, and I hope this next game will be better.

Top Bottom