• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1v1 record getting repaired :)

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice
So when I picked up the game on Wii U I was still trying to figure out my main. As such, I lost a lot of matches against some good players and some bad (see also: spammy) players.

I'm happy to report that I've brought my terrible win rate back up to 50% after maining KD3 and it's only going to go up from here. :D:4dedede::4dedede::4dedede:

Powda

Smash Apprentice
Grats, Everything should feel great except when you are up against the top 5 tier.

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice
Who do you consider the top 5 tier? If it includes Shiek, Greninja, and/or Yoshi, I really don't fear them online. I regularly beat them. The ones I still have issues with are Ness and RosaLuma.

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
Everyone has issues with RosaLuma. Just enjoy the Little Macs, DDD has so many tools against him. Inhale, spit off edge, bair = death from 0%. it's great.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Top 5 is probably Diddy, Sheik, Pikachu, Rosaluma, Ness.

Sheik is probably our best matchup in that list, and it's still pretty rough.

I body online Sheiks on a daily basis, but that doesn't say much about the MU.
Then with customs we have a few tools to deal with Rosa.

The other 3 are an absolute trainwreck.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
Top 5 is probably Diddy, Sheik, Pikachu, Rosaluma, Ness.

Sheik is probably our best matchup in that list, and it's still pretty rough.

I body online Sheiks on a daily basis, but that doesn't say much about the MU.
Then with customs we have a few tools to deal with Rosa.

The other 3 are an absolute trainwreck.

Sonic isn't mentioned that often which surprises me. A campy sonic is near impossible for DDD to beat, he doesn't even really feel like his move sets belong in this game. I can't shield grab a thing he does and the majority of his spin ups have crazy immortal frames.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Honestly, the more I play against Sonic, the more gimmicky I feel he his. It's probably a solid -1 for us still, because of how safe the character is. Sonic is most definitely Top 10 at the very least. At lot of characters can solidly beat this character, which makes me feel he doesn't belong in Top 5.

It's a character that gets absolutely destroyed when you're able to play on reaction, something Dedede absolutely excels at. You can generally camp in your shield and punish spindash with Inhale, Pivot Grabs, FTilts and Jab. Conditioning yourself to punishing his landing helps a ton.

That being said, I haven't played against Sonics using the Hammer Spindash custom, which might heavily shift the MU in their favor. But that is pure speculation at this point.

Top Bottom