• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1st Game Character Selection

Diltune

Smash Cadet
I've been to a few tournaments so far. Project M, Melee, Smash 4, and I see this scenario happen way too often.
> Gets paired with player.
> Both sit down.
> Get all names and controls situated.
> Then... the character select screen.
> Both look like they're thinking of a character to pick. When actually they just want to see who the player picks first so the second player can counter pick them.
Ex: (Melee) Player 1 is thinking and Player 2 is waiting. Player 1 picks Peach. Player 2 knowing his choice instead of playing his main plays a pocket Link.
Is there anything that can really be done about this? And are you entitled to switch after you've already picked.
I'm only referring to the first match by the way.

Palmerfan

Smash Apprentice
You can do whatever you want until someone elects to do a double blind. As soon as you ask for one, both people tell their game 1 characters to a neutral party without knowledge of who the other person picked.

Diltune

Smash Cadet
You can do whatever you want until someone elects to do a double blind. As soon as you ask for one, both people tell their game 1 characters to a neutral party without knowledge of who the other person picked.
Appreciate the feedback, thanks man!

Top Bottom