• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1st Class SOLDIER Drills: An Execution/Tech Skill Guide (v1.3.1)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I have stuff to add to it, but I've just been busy with other things.

Either way, I'm glad that you got it, and I'm glad that it's helping you out. Keeps me motivated!

Tisbomb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tisbomb
Yeah it's no big deal.

Let me know specifically which one you're having trouble with and I'll record the timing.
I would like to see the timing for FH AC DAIR to FT. I feel like I have it down pat in training mode, but I've never been able to pull it off against a human player (unless I've waited out the air dodge).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I would like to see the timing for FH AC DAIR to FT. I feel like I have it down pat in training mode, but I've never been able to pull it off against a human player (unless I've waited out the air dodge).
Any character specifically? The timing changes from target to target.

Freakazo

Smash Rookie
I've gotten several finishing touch kill confirms with the help of this training and your practical kill percent threads one as well. Doing this everyday now. I also added Greninja to the list due to my main training partner using him and the fact he is a fast faller. Also perfect pivoting out of auto cancels helps keep me very safe while playing. Going to do something similar to this for diddy as well.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Maybe someone higher in the mid weight area, like mario?
Alright, I'll cook up a video of Mario at some point in the next 24-36 hrs. If I dont get you the video, be sure to @ me as a reminder.

I've gotten several finishing touch kill confirms with the help of this training and your practical kill percent threads one as well. Doing this everyday now. I also added Greninja to the list due to my main training partner using him and the fact he is a fast faller. Also perfect pivoting out of auto cancels helps keep me very safe while playing. Going to do something similar to this for diddy as well.

Glad i've helped you out.

The 5.99 thread is still a WIP and I'll be updating it some more soon. I've just been busy with other projects lmao

Dance!!

Smash Rookie
I have been playing Smash 4 for about 3-4 months, Cloud for the majority of that time. Just wanted to say in that time, the vast majority of information regarding improving my Cloud game has been nowhere near as useful as this thread. Although not all the information is in here, it gives a good starting point for figuring out what really works as killing options and gives a sense of real Cloud technique.

I only just started doing these drills yesterday, but saw an effect almost immediately, when I landed a FH AC Dair into FT while playing a Ganon on FG. Although I am still very sloppy with most of these combos I know now that these are the things I really need to be doing to improve, not just mindlessly playing opponents on autopilot hoping to hit with a rogue smash atk/LCS or uair for the kill. Honestly, I went through basically all the sticky posts before I went through this and felt if I had just gone here first, I would be on the road to improvement much much sooner. Basically made an account to post thanking you for this invaluable info. So thank you for your post!

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Great stuff, thanks for all the work you had put into this.
Another thing I train is ledgetrumps. I do 15 r-cloud and 15 l-cloud to each side.

Top Bottom