• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

18 and Under SSBM Scene LI

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
Being a younger smasher, its not always easy to travel around. Even with transportation, many parents aren't exactly eager to let their kid hang out with people much older than them.

So anyone under 18 on LI, post here, and maybe we can get a nice sized crew of young smashers going and maybe even set up a few smash fests in the future.

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
I got aleast a community of 40 people i know off the back over here at Queens NY. We dont travel much but made a place our home. Ever interested in coming by the place is called BeastMode NY... Pretty live over there and we have friendlies every friday. I start a lon gitme ago but just made this venue our new home. Come on by here my facebook group if you want to meet up.https://www.facebook.com/groups/181012108642269/

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
WE arent young but we have things that dont let us travel much outside. 18- 26 yrs..... some younglings lie 17, 16

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Umm. If youngling is 18, then im practically a baby smasher. Im 13.

I know exactly how u feel. comatose. coming from me, it is lucky that my father is ok with taking me to tournaments

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
Yeah haha. It's not so much that my parents won't take me to tournaments, its moreso that I can't really improve my game because my parents aren't exactly in favor of me hanging out with a bunch of 20+ year olds, and I'm sure many other young smashers have the same/a similar situation. Can't really improve as much when just playing with semi-casual friends, so ideally I'd like to try to set up a sort of player finder type thing, for younger smashers in the LI area, such as myself, to use to find competitive practice partners

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Yeah haha. It's not so much that my parents won't take me to tournaments, its moreso that I can't really improve my game because my parents aren't exactly in favor of me hanging out with a bunch of 20+ year olds, and I'm sure many other young smashers have the same/a similar situation. Can't really improve as much when just playing with semi-casual friends, so ideally I'd like to try to set up a sort of player finder type thing, for younger smashers in the LI area, such as myself, to use to find competitive practice partners

Although I live in NJ, I think its a great idea to set this up.

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
Yo RekRP, I know that I saw you at Zenith because your tag is on my Wii. Anyways, You're about 45 mins from me, and I should have a car within the next few months. I'm 18, and regular practice against humans is rare for me. Lemme know if you're interested!

RekRP

Smash Cadet
Yo RekRP, I know that I saw you at Zenith because your tag is on my Wii. Anyways, You're about 45 mins from me, and I should have a car within the next few months. I'm 18, and regular practice against humans is rare for me. Lemme know if you're interested!
sure.
As long as your good with playing with a 15 year old.

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
It's fine by me. I'll let you know when I have reliable transportation and we'll work something out.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Aight thats kewl.

Not sure if my parents will allow me though, but we will try.

Shall we make it only Melee or have P:M?

Im thinking it should be an amateur only, M2K banned

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to be discussing this, but even so, I'll look around for more peeps. I'm more than willing to bring my stream setup to this as well, if you guys would be down for that.

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
Im from Hoboken NJ, also interested in plating with you guys from Rutherford/BC. Im in Hudson County, 20 mins from Rutherford according to google maps.

Top Bottom