• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1337 Zamus TrickZ - Updated

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Don't get me wrong, I can pull off some sick hits with ZSS's dair, it's just that I tend to play 4-man FFA's due to the number of people in my dorm who like to just barge in while my roomie and I are playing; therefore, her dair becomes extra-punishable. Also, I have stupid fingers, so I tend to use her dair on accident when close to the edge.

When it comes to ZSS's aerial game, I enjoy spamming her >b as much as the next guy. There's little lag on it in the air, and since the DI is nice, spacing it is not too much of a problem. Normally I try and get my opponent above me so that I can smack them with her Uair and then combo into her ^b.

(Grab -> Dthrow) or (Usmash) -> Uair (x2 if possible) -> ^b -> Fair/Bair

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Zamus's dair is really only good if you can manage to get both the aerial and landing hit, or even just the landing hit. I use it far too often, myself, mostly because I'm still in the habit of thinking it's not such a bad move.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Her dair is just plain bad. The main reason being the landing lag and the angle you shoot down at.
Even the reward of hitting the opponent is minimal. It doesn't even do that much damage or have any good knockback angle.

Metamere

Smash Rookie
This is a lot of good information, and there were some things I hadn't realized yet, thanks. But I'd have to say that I've found her Dair to be very useful, but not really in the conventional sense. What it is for me is a mobility enhancer. On stages like the Ice Climbers' mountain or Kanto 2 in air mode where you reach terminal velocity and fall slowly with respect to the stage, you can jump up, juggle the opponent, and then Dair back down to the ground quickly. It also gets you out of potential juggles on those stages. Other uses I found are for getting around on much taller, multi-leveled custom stages. The Dair animation ends eventually, and you don't have any lag when you land. It has the longest lag when you use it from a short height. Another really fun thing I found on the custom stages is that you can use it extremely rapidly while on either the medium or large springboards. They cancel lag and send you up immediately, and also re-center your character. It's just fun to do, since you can vary your pace, and also transition to a different kind of aerial off a bounce.

Oh, and some people have been wondering why ZSS' and Sheik's Dair sometimes doesn't shoot them downwards, and they work like Sheik's Dair in Melee. I figured out that it is susceptible to the momentum from an attack. Meaning, if they are propelled upwards by another player's attack, their Dair will not be able to cancel out that momentum. They can still hit with their Dairs, but opponents need to be within leg's reach. I'm sure others can corroborate this effect. It could be useful as a fake out, but I think it is probably just to add some realism, and keep it from getting too powerful. I think if their Dairs are used judiciously as an attack, they can be plenty useful.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
The Fake Dair is useful imo, the normal dair just isn't. It's laggy, doesn't give a good setup to anything and just leaves you vurnable to attack if you miss or/and when it get's shielded.

So yeah, I only tend to use it to spike people on the edge as a kind of mix-up, but if you do this a lot you'll get punished. So I normally don't do it.

If you know when the Fake Dair comes in you should use it. You kinda float downward with an immens hitbox and then when the thing stops you can just jump away. I wonder, as it stops at some point, if it's possible that when you do it normal and skyrocket down from extreme heights, if you could jump out of it at some point.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
-All Arials
Zamus cannot hit a standing target via short hop while rising. THIS IS IMPORTANT and leads to her biggest downfall. She's fast, but can't utilize that speed as she must attack on the downward portion of her jump. Her short hop simply jumps too high too quickly. The exceptions to this are large/tall characters- she can jump into uair and hit a standing bowser/dk/gannon.
1) Dair is a hilarious desperation spike.

B stick Side B might be the answer to this as she can do it right when she jumps while rising (short hop) and it hits grounded opponents, and you retreat backwards. Although you posted this message b4 RAR was found though.

Darkprophet

Smash Rookie
-All Arials
Zamus cannot hit a standing target via short hop while rising. THIS IS IMPORTANT and leads to her biggest downfall. She's fast, but can't utilize that speed as she must attack on the downward portion of her jump. Her short hop simply jumps too high too quickly. The exceptions to this are large/tall characters- she can jump into uair and hit a standing bowser/dk/gannon.
1) Dair is a hilarious desperation spike.
@ TC:

You mentioned none of her Short Hop While Rising Aerials could hit a standing midweight opponent. This information is Partially incorrect. Not, that the key word is partially.

Nair: from what I've seen, cannot hit a standing opponent.

Fair: if you're fast enough and/or moving towards the opponent the first hit will connect.

Bair: if you're fast enough and/or moving towards the opponent the attack will connect.

Uair: if you're fast enough and/or moving towards the opponent the attack will connect.

Dair: will hit all opponents from what I've seen.

I used Falco, Fox, Peach, Marth, Sonic, Pit, Link, Mario, Luigi, and got those results. Bowser/DK/Ganondorf are much easier to hit with.

Small Characters: Kirby, Jigglypuff, Olimar, Ness, Lucas, Mr. Game & Watch, Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Diddy Kong, Toon Link, Metaknight, Ice Climbers. That's 11 and 2/3rds, almost 1/3rd of the characters in the game you CANNOT HIT with a SHWR Aerial, EXCEPT FOR DAIR.

Now, the reason I say you are partially wrong, is, these stats come from hitting a neutral standing opponent. a human player, not to mention a GOOD human player, will be MUCH harder to hit with these SHWRAerials.

Other than that, the first post is great, GREAT informtion for me, as a Zamus player in-training.

I'll be lurking around more. Later.

- DP

Top Bottom