• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

13-Year-Old Puppeh Signed by Arcane eSports

Arcane eSports made a splash in the MD/VA region on Monday night after it added the 13-year-old prodigy Puppeh to its Smash 4 roster. The young Sheik main was the latest winner of the Xanadu Arcadian, as well as the winner of the Top of the Food Chain regional in Southern Virginia two weeks ago. Puppeh is currently ranked 17th on the MD/VA PR, although with his recent strong performances he is likely to climb into the top 10 once the PR is updated this coming week.

Reslived interviews Puppeh after his Xanadu Arcadian win
Stream owned by VGBC
Signing Puppeh is a big move for Arcane after they lost one of their star players, Seagull Joe, to VexX Gaming less than a month ago. Puppeh will be joining Arcane's Smash 4 roster featuring Feel Tension and Myran. Despite his young age and only having about a year and a half of experience in competitive Smash under his belt, Puppeh is definitely a player to keep an eye on; he has the potential to do great things in his Smash career.

Puppeh shows that he doesn't always need to use Sheik to win, even in Grand Finals
Stream owned by Dunham Gaming

Keep up with the newly sponsored Puppeh by following him on his Twitter. Excited to see such a young Smasher get sponsored? Let us know in the comments section below.

Comments

Here is the truth. Smash 4 is lacking so much depth as a game that a 13 year old can quickly become one of its better players because there isn't very much to understand and master. It is a testament to how bad your training regimen is for a video game if you're improving slower and doing worse than this kid at smash 4.

Go pick up a real game like melee.
v2MdWS.gif

It's Karissa the Destroyer again. Except it's real this time.
which means my dream has become reality-Smash has finally got their own LiL' Poison.

for those not in the know, LP was a top ranking Halo 2 player from back in the day who went pro at the age of 8.

Here is the truth. Smash 4 is lacking so much depth as a game that a 13 year old can quickly become one of its better players because there isn't very much to understand and master. It is a testament to how bad your training regimen is for a video game if you're improving slower and doing worse than this kid at smash 4.

Id rather not do fox dittos all day lmao

My reaction: "Puppeh, really, that's a silly name for a Smash player, what is he, like 13 years old?"
Esports is full of silly names. If you didn't know who they were, what would you think of:
  • Dr. PeePee
  • Westballz
  • PewPewU
  • Smoke2Jointz and ISmokeHerbz
  • HomemadeWaffles
  • Kage The Warrior
  • FrootLoop
  • BizarroFlame
Without knowing that a guy called "Dr. PeePee" is 6th in the world, I'm pretty sure you'd get a strange impression of Melee.

Esports is full of silly names. If you didn't know who they were, what would you think of:
  • Dr. PeePee
  • Westballz
  • PewPewU
  • Smoke2Jointz and ISmokeHerbz
  • HomemadeWaffles
  • Kage The Warrior
  • FrootLoop
  • BizarroFlame
Without knowing that a guy called "Dr. PeePee" is 6th in the world, I'm pretty sure you'd get a strange impression of Melee.
This is a fair point. Perhaps it's my love of dank memes that makes me just ignore how absolutely cringe-worthy a lot of Melee names are. He's been PPMD for over a year now and I still cringe at Dr. Peepee tbh.

He deserves the sponsor. I saw him kick butt live during the fall arcadian. Didn't drop a set. Much respect..don't sleep on the kid.

Then again now that I think about it my town is is pretty much bone dry of competitions. The only things that kids my age play around here now are CoD and GTA V acting like it's completely OK to play a rated M game under the age of 17. Most of those kids wanting to be a tru MLG quickscoperz in FaZe but they can't because they r a cheeky scrublord who cnt even use the sniper correctly.
This makes me want to play sm4sh even more. Most people are popping up in the competitive smash scene because of sm4sh. There are also very VERY few kids who have accessibility to a gamecube or a friend who has a gamecube. Plus, what will picking up melee do? Give you finger aches as you bulldoze your way through the Gods? I'm sorry but only one person that I know of has done that and that's Leffen, and he hasn't even ascended to Godhood yet (that point could be argued, but since he lost to plup tho...) And before you come crapping on sm4sh for not being in-depth, get some more...

in your matchups. For all I care, Marth/Peach is more diverse than Fox/Fox

For all I care, Marth/Peach is more diverse than Fox/Fox
This is why I like Tr4sh a bit more than Melee. Its not a game that's been out for 15 years, its only been out for like, what, one? If you look at VG Boot Camp's Tr4sh uploads, you'll see a ton of variation. You'll have Ryus, Bowser Jr's, Clouds, Villagers, and a ton of other characters constantly being tried out against the current top tier characters.

You won't see similar stuff happening with Melee. People like M2K have figured out the frame data. We understand the glitches. But with Tr4sh, people are learning new stuff all the time; ESAM recently discovered a Pikachu glitch that can help against those on platforms.

That being said it doesn't change the fact that the Wii U was a bit (see: huge) flunk. If it managed to get Wii numbers and was a bit more professional aimed than Brawl, then things would be a lot different.

Hopefully that'll happen with the NX, but its nintendo.

Top Bottom