• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

13 Stages Aura Dog Can't Get Enough Of! (Stage discussion thread)

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
[/buzzfeed] [/clickbait] [barkbarkaura]
I was looking for info on which stages Lucario generally prefers or hates, and haven't found much. (Hit me with an AS if I missed it)

What are your thoughts on Lucario's performance on the common tourney stages? Of course there's specific matchups that might change things, but I figure general analysis could be helpful. Keep in mind that the below is based entirely on the discussion in this thread. I'll continue updating as more opinions come in.

Mostly Positive

Kongo Jungle
  • High ceiling, overall better survivability
  • Ledges make recovery difficult at times
Duck Hunt
  • Wall cling, high ceiling
Mixed

Battlefield
  • High ceiling, platforms good for pressure/comboing
  • Some other characters benefit more than we do
Lylat Cruise
  • Aura travels up the incline, which can be beneficial
  • Ledges make recovery difficult at times

Mostly Negative

Halberd
  • low ceiling
Delfino Plaza
  • Low ceiling

Need Input
Smashville
Town & City
Final Destination
Skyloft
Wuhu Island
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 2
[/barkbarkaura]

Last edited:

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
Kongo jungle if it's available just because you live to crazy %s, I also like the space and edges on Duck Hunt lots of room to run away from people who grab a lot like luigi. Battlefield has a high ceiling but some characters can take better advantage of the stage like falcon so its situational. Just never pick somewhere with low ceilings like halberd or delphino because we'll die so early. Town and city is decent but still has a low ceiling.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I actually struggle a lot with Kongo Jungle, and Lylat. Those damn ledge seem to get me just a bit too much, idk... Maybe that's my own shortcoming? Love battlefield and smashville though.

Typhlosion09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Typhlosion09
3DS FC
0473-9119-9001
I always ban lylat cause of those ledges, plus the tilting makes aura sphere worthless, delfino and halberd because of the low ceiling, castle siege because of multiple reasons, and finally battlefield because I suck with platforms

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
AS travels up along diagonals, so I wouldn't say Lylat makes it worthless. It also has a tendency to throw off people's spacing when the sphere rolls up a hill, lol.

Typhlosion09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Typhlosion09
3DS FC
0473-9119-9001
Does it? From what I remember it doesn't go up hills ever, although it's been a long time since I went there, that's always my first ban

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
Does it? From what I remember it doesn't go up hills ever, although it's been a long time since I went there, that's always my first ban
Yeah it goes up hills its good for surprising people on kongo jungle or delphino

Top Bottom