• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/2/09 - Brawl/SF4/Tekken 6 Tournament @ JapanCon

Umby

Smash Master

Hey, Atlanta. On Wednesday, December 2nd AUC Japan Club is hosting another tournament at its first convention, JapanCon! Our aim is to provide a fun-filled environment of Japanese culture and a variety activities to students in the Atlanta University Center, but I'm also inviting you to join us!

This tournament will feature Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Street Fighter IV, and Tekken 6. Registration for all events will be open from 12:00pm to 5:00pm. Brackets will begin shortly after registration closes. The registration fee is $5 per event.

1st Place for each event gets 50% of the pot.
2nd Place for each event gets 30% of the pot.
The house will be getting a 20% cut from each event which goes into the club's funding.

There won't be any fee waivers, but if you plan to attend and can provide equipment, please contact me. My information is on the flyer above, but you can also shoot me a PM, of course. What I will accept:
  • Sony PS3s
  • Nintendo Wiis
  • Non-burned U.S. releases of Brawl, SF4, and Tekken 6
  • Televisions
  • Surge protectors
  • Extension cords

The venue will be on Spelman College's campus - the lower complex of the Manley building.

To get to Spelman from I-85, take Exit 247 to I-20 West. Take Exit 55B and take a right at the light you come to. At the end of the street, you'll find Spelman's front gate to your right, and Morehouse College in front of you. The closest parking you'll be able to use is on Morehouse Campus, which should only cost $3 for the entire day.

Walking from Spelman's front gate, follow the road on the left side walk. Turn left past the post office and Lower Manley will be further down on your right.

General Rules:
  • Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament
  • Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.
  • No gameplay hacks or modifications will be used at this tournament.
  • If you leave the area, make sure to notify the tournament organizer. If you have a cell phone, leave it on so that we may contact you when it is time for your match.

Street Fighter 4 (Sony Playstation 3 ONLY)
  • Versus Mode
  • 99 Second Timer
  • No Handicap
  • Double Elimination
  • Each game is best 3 of 5 rounds. Each Set is best 2 of 3 games. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are sets of best 3 of 5 games.
  • Only the loser of the previous game may switch characters. The winner must remain as his/her previously selected character.

Tekken 6 (Sony Playstation 3 ONLY)
  • Arcade Mode
  • 60 Second Timer
  • No Handicap
  • Double Elimination
  • Each game is best 3 of 5 rounds. Each Set is best 2 of 3 games. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are sets of best 3 of 5 games.
  • Only the loser of the previous game may switch characters. The winner must remain as his/her previously selected character.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo Wii)
  • 3 Stocks
  • 8-minute timer
  • Items set to "NONE" and "OFF"
  • Each set is best 2 of 3 games. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are sets of best 3 of 5 games.
  • Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect: No player may choose a stage he/she has won on in a set unless it is agreed on by both players.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor will be determined by number of stocks left, then by lowest percentage. SUDDEN DEATH WILL NOT DETERMINE THE WINNER.
  • Excessive stalling will result in the loss of a match. Notify the tournament organizer if you believe an opponent is stalling excessively. Projectile camping is NOT considered stalling.
  • Before each set, each player is allowed to ban one stage from being used during the entire set.
  • The first game in a set will be chosen at random unless both players agree on a stage.
  • For subsequent games, the loser must FIRST choose a stage then announce it. The winner is then allowed to switch his/her character if he/she wishes to do so. Whether the winner changes their character or not, the loser is then allowed to change his/her character.
  • Neutral (Random Select) Stages
    • Battlefield
    • Final Destination
    • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
    • Smashville
    • Lylat Cruise
  • Counterpick (Legal) Stages
    • Delfino Plaza
    • Castle Siege
    • Frigate Orpheon
    • Halberd
    • Pokemon Stadium 1
    • Rainbow Cruise
    • Brinstar
    • Norfair
    • Luigi's Mansion
  • All other stages are banned from use.
  • IF YOU ARE USING A WIIMOTE, REMEMBER TO PRESS THE “+” BUTTON TO RETURN TO THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN AFTER A MATCH. ALSO REMEMBER TO TAKE OUT THE BATTERIES WHEN YOU ARE DONE.

If you have questions or concerns during the event, please consult the tournament organizer. Remember, what the organizer says, goes.

Hope to see you there!

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
bumping this s

sure it's on a weekday during deadweek - but come on you're not studying anyway
also: somebody at tech teach me how to play T6

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
tech sucks

also come on dudes
it's vidjo games tournament with a butt ton of friendlies, this is what you want foos

Umby

Smash Master
Results:

Brawl
1: Reflex ($35.00)
2: Devin ($21.60)
3: Elliot
4: Umby
5: Snapp
5: Marty
7: DJ
7: Bo