• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11 spots left? Sakurai lets you choose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperManX

Smash Cadet
OK boys and girls Sakurai is undecided on who else to put in the game. He knows that there will be a final roster amount of 35 characters (Not including sheik), and has already confirmed 24 of them (confirmed on dojo). He has hired you to fill the remaining 11 slots , not to put in who you want but will increase the amount of sales. Explain why you picked each character.

* Z - Suit may get her own place as a character so I counted her as a character

The choice is yours:

* You may let put WTF in as many slots as you see fit

SuperManX

Smash Cadet
here is mine!

1. Luigi
2. Caption Falcon
3. Marth
4. Mr. Game and watch
5. Ganondorf
6. Falco
7. Geno
8. Ridly
9. Krystal
10. WTF
11. WTF

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
OK boys and girls Sakurai is undecided on who else to put in the game. He knows that there will be a final roster amount of 35 characters (Not including sheik), and has already confirmed 24 of them (confirmed on dojo). He has hired you to fill the remaining 11 slots , not to put in who you want but will increase the amount of sales. Explain why you picked each character.

The choice is yours:

* You may let put WTF in as many slots as you see fit
Wait; your title completely contradicts your post. LOL :p

Piks

Smash Journeyman
1. Ness
2. Game and Watch
3. Marth
4. Roy
5. Captain Falcon
6. Ridley
7. Geno
8. Falco
9. Luigi
10. Ganon
11. WTF

ElectroBlade

Smash Journeyman
1: Geno
2: Ridley
3: Krystal
4: Axem ranger XD
5: Falco
6: Ganondorf
7: Luigi
8: ---
9: ---
10: ---
11: ---

EricShiznit

Smash Cadet
1. Luigi
2. Jiggs
3. G&W
4. Mewtwo
5. Cpt Falcon
6. Lucario
7. Ray 01
8. Isaac
9. Geno
10. Ridley
11. Ganondorf

MrPitters2351

Smash Cadet
Oh, this is a weird thread. Then again, why not?
Not in any particular order:
1. Issac
2. Ganondorf
3. Luigi
4. Falco
5. Mewtwo
6. Ray 01
7. Black Knight
8. Captain Falcon
9. Ridley
10. Skull Kid
11. Sukapon (WTF)

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
1. Geno
2. King K. rool
3. Ridley
4. Claus
5. Ganondorf
6. Luigi
7. Captain Falcon
8. Mewtwo
9. Majora/Skull Kid
10. Krystal
11. King K. Rool just to be sure

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
1. Captain Falcon
2. Jigglypuff
3. Luigi
4. Mr. Game and Watch
5. Mewtwo
6. Marth
7. Ganondorf
8. Ridley
9. Claus
10. Midna
11. Sora

Blue_Kirby

Smash Rookie
1. Luigi-He's been there since the beginning, no reason to get him out of the mix
2. Ganondorf-Was a clone easily decloned and he is a popular enough character to warrent a return.
3. Marth-Really represents the franchise well and is likely good advertisement at this point for the upcoming DS Fire Emblem
4.Jigglypuff-Same as Luigi, been since the beginning no real reason to take the pokemon out.
5.Captain Falcon- Same as Luigi and Jiggs. I only think Ness is out due to the huge Mother 3 push.
6. Krystal-The fanbase is decent, the moveset possibilities are better.
7. Issac-Not just your average swordsmen, one with possibilites of magical specials which I think give him an edge over any of the other swordsmen being considered.
8. Game and Watch- A classic and a popular one at that he is my cutoff for the vetrans and would probably take the last of the vetran spots.
9. Klonoa- Ah yes, the loveable product of Namco, grant you my joining of the Klonoa bandwagon is pretty new however after a little research I think he would make a great addition to the cast. In my opinion he's certainly a lot better than the other Namco reps.
10. WTF:Micaiah- Alright to be fair compared to the two-three characters she's reallycompeting against to be in the game in the first place, her appearence is slightly WTF however I would have no qualms with her being in period.
11.WTF:Izuna- Yes I played the game, yes it's not the best game in the world but there is this little part of me that would love her in and a moveset is altogeather possible.

Arteen

Smash Lord
1. Isaac - Golden Sun deserves representation
2. Ridley - Metroid needs more characters, and Ridley is the best choice
3. Krystal - I hate her, but she's a shoo-in
4. Luigi - Shoo-in
5. Captain Falcon - Shoo-in
6. MrG&W - He's definitely returning due to the icon order
7. Jigglypuff - Unique moveset, fun character, 2-time veteran with no viable replacement
8. Marth - Veteran, first FE lord
9. Ganondorf - Shoo-in
10. Andy/Sami - Either is fine; AW deserves decent representation
11. Imp Midna or WW Link - Both would bring something new with their movesets, and I don't see the Zelda series having fewer reps in Brawl than Melee

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
1) Ganondorf - Highly Requested by fans. Attracts Melee Ganondorf Mains + zelda fans.
2) Luigi - Extremely Popular. Attracts Melee Luigi Mains + mario fans.
3) Lucario - Extremely Popular. Cashes in on the success of Diamond and Pearl.
4) Mewtwo - Highly Requested. Attracts Melee mewtwo Mains + Pokemon fans
5) Captain Falcon - Attracts Captain Falcon Mains + F-Zero Fans
6) Marth - Attracts Fire Emblem Fans+ Melee Marth Mains
7) Game and Watch - Attracts melee G&W mains + people who actually remember the old game & watches
8) WW Link - Highly Requested by fans, attracts fans of wind waker's art style, and young link mains.
9) Krystal - Highly requested by fans. Attract furries. Attracts starfox fans.
10) Ridley - Cashes in on the success of Metroid Prime 3. Highly requested by fans.
11) Mii - Cashes in on the success of wii sports. Allows people to create their "dream matches" such as King Leonidas vs. Oprah, while still staying true to nintendo's roots.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
1 - Spyro
2 - Tails
3 - Espeon
4 - Ridley
5 - Ray (custom robo)
6 - Bowser Jr.
7 - Captain Falcon
8 - Marth (or a clone of him)
9 - Luigi
10 - Jigglypuff
11 - Hand Jr. (mini Master Hand that controls like a "normal" character. Has specials similar to Master Hand. Pointer finger and middle finger act as legs. Pinkie and thumb act as hands.)

courte

Smash Lord
phew i thought for a second that 35-36 was what HE said...
1. WW Link - True Potential. I feel this game should show Nintendo's three best series the most love!!
2. Captain Falcon Lord Jesus Christ
3. Vaati WW Link needs a friend
4. Bowser Jr./Shadow[Cosmic] Mario
5. Paper Mario and Geno TagTeam!!
6. Ridley a friggen space-Pirate-Dragon who's been known to go mecha... if he were ninja, he'd be da BEST!
7. Krystal The Female Vote for the win
8. Wolf The Big Bad Boss
9. Ephraim Spear Fighter for the win. Sakura wouldn't turn his back on the not so recent installments!!
10. Takamaru, Yes i chose over Pichu[Bros], Jiggs, Mewtwo, Pokemon Rival, or Lucario... wanna fight about it??
11. Hagane from Hudson--What's he got that bomberman doesn't?? Katana, Grappling Hook, Kunai, and GASP Bombs!! as well as some acrobatic skill and advance techniques... HE's a friggin cyborg Ninja!! Bonk and Bomberman for AT's

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
1 - Luigi (Old) (Ok, people, THIS. IS. LUIGI. No person could replace him, not even Mario. Plus, he has a huge fan base.)
2 - Jigglypuff (Old) (Come on, this is JIGGLYPUFF)
3 - Mewtwo (Old) (Huge fan base. Would bring back Mewtwo mainers and Pokemon fans.)
4 - Ganondorf (Old) (He has been leaked in the interview, which said SHIEK was going to be in, and he'd have TP moves...)
5 - Captain Falcon (Old) (Come on, this is CAPTAIN FALCON we're talknig about)
6 - Marth (Old) (Good charcater. HIS HAIR ISN'T THE SAME SHADE OF BLUE AS IKE's. His is more turquiose. Also, good character. Would attract Marth mainers.)
7 - Balloon Fighter (New) (Cancelled character. With MUCH more time than Melee, he could easily be added, or easily has been added.)
8 - Geno (New) (Wanted character, in the top 5, and it the only one in the Top 5 yet to be confirmed. Also, many people want him.)
9 - Ridley (New) (Huge fan base. Would rack in Ridley and Metroid fans.)
10 - Krystal (New) (Huge fan base. Many people want here for the StarFox newcomer)
11 - Isaac (New) (I've never played the game, but he looks like a good charcater and he's highly requested.)

I didn't put Game and Watch in because in a way, he's confirmed without any visual proof (Icon theory).

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
1. Luigi - He's a "duh" character.
---
2. Captain Falcon - He's popular, he's unique, he's been in smash since the beginning, he owns face.
---
3. Ness - He's an original too, I don't see him not getting in just because Lucas is in now.
---
4. Ganondorf - The Zelda series is one of the biggest and most popular that Nintendo has to offer, the main villian should definately make a return. (Revised TP look/moveset)
---
5. Jigglypuff - Another original fighter, Jiggs has no reason to be removed.
---
6. Mewtwo - Yeah, people want Lucario over this guy but I think Mewtwo needs to be re-done for Brawl so he can kick *** like he's supposed to.
---
7. Mr. Game & Watch - Unique, fun, random, what's not to love about this guy? Oh and Sakurai, if you take him out you're racist because he is the only black dude =\.
---
8. Krystal - I see Falco returning or her coming in, and I think it's more likely that they choose a unique character like Krystal, another female which is what we need, using a staff? Nice.
---
9. King K. Rool - He has so much potential as to what moves he could have, the Donkey Kong series deserves a third rep.
---
10. Isaac - Golden Sun is a very popular game, Isaac has great possible moves, not only swordplay but with his psyenergy (magic power)
---
11. Black Shadow - F-Zero needs another rep, he is another villian, why not?
---

Honorable mentions:

Marth
Lloyd Irving
Paper Mario
Bowser Jr.
Geno
Ridley

Mac_77

Smash Cadet
1. Claus/Masked Man
2. Flint (Mother 3)
3. Ness
4. Luigi (But we all know he's in- Give SSS Thunder Hand Power plz)
5. King K. Rool
6. Geno
7. Greil/Gawain (FE: Path of Radiance)
8. Volke (FE: Path of Radiance)
9. Black Knight (FE: Path of Radiance)
10. Ridley
11. Deathborn (F-Zero GX)

OnlyMatthew

Smash Rookie
1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Luigi
4. Captain Falcon
5. Krystal
6. King K. Rool
7. Ganondorf
8. Ridley
9. Mewtwo/Lucario
10. Marth
11. Game and Watch

susu_atari

Smash Ace
1. Captain Falcon
2. Mewtwo
3. Jigglypuff
4. Mr. Game & Watch
5. Young Link (WW)
6. Ganondorf (TP)
7. Krystal
8. Ridley
9. Claus (Masked)
10. Isaac
11. Bomberman

Also, if you advance-edit your original post you can change the thread title.

1. Luigi
2. Jigglypuff
3. Captain Falcon
4. Young Link
5. Ganondorf
6. Mr. Game & Watch
7. Marth
8. Ray MK
9. Lolo & Lala
10. Animal Crosser
11. Andy (Advance Wars)

But 11 simply isn't enough.

I'm going to not count Zamus and Sheik, and add Lucario and Ridley.

Even then, though, we totally need a new Mario rep, maybe a second Wario one.

EDIT: Forgot Mewtwo.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
not in any preticular order
1.mewtwo
2.black knight
3.ridley
4.bowser jr.
5.luigi
6.bomberman/megaman
7.lucario
8.------
9.------
10.-----
11.-----
Oh and shouldnt this move to fourm games???

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
1. Midna + Wold link
2. Jiggs
3. G&W
4. Mewtwo
5. Cpt Falcon
6. Ganondorf
7. Luigi
8. Krystal
9. WW Link
10. Ridley
11. Marth

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
1. geno
2. lucario
3.cloud
4.sora
5.ridly
6.ganondorf
7.c falc
8.isaac
9.wolf
10.megaman
11.chrono

ysl00

Smash Rookie
1. Falco
2. Ridley
3. King K. Rool
4. Captain Falcon
5. Lucario
6. Mewtwo
7. Shadow
8. Krystal
9. Isaac
10. Geno
11. Ganondorf

SuperManX

Smash Cadet
Thanks for posting!

How does Zero Suit Samus count but Sheik doesn't?
Well because Sheik wont be listed on the character screen and Zero Suit has the possibility of being her own character. . . or at least thats what i think.

I'm glad people are posting in this thread and alot of people seem to have the same idea with characters like Redly, Krystal, and Geno but also have some variety

Machspeed

Smash Lord
1. Luigi
2. Ganondorf
3. Captain Falcon
4. Geno
5. Chrono
6. K. Rool
7. Megaman
8. Lucario
9. Ridley
10. Vaati
11. Marth

binki4

Smash Apprentice
1. Megaman
2. Claus
3. Sukapon
4. Captain Falcon
5. Marth
6. Luigi
7. Ganondorf
8.lucario
9. Paper Mario
10. Bomberman
11. Cel Shaded Link

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
1. Ridley
2. Ganon
3. Krystal
4. Geno ( Don't necessarily WANT him in, but he's the next logical mario rep.)
5. Bowser JR
6. WW Link
7. C. Falcon
8. Luigi
9. K Rool
10. Midna
11. Mewtwo.

raul

Smash Lord
My Proposed List

I'd like to keep some what varied from every one else, but I doubt that realistic at this point. Below is my list.

1.) Captain Falcon-Been in both 64 and Melee, the lone rep from F-Zero, a huge fan base, power, speed, need I say more? Oh I will: tremendous spike.

2.) Ganondorf-Perhaps the most desired villain left to be unnamed, he is the rep from Zelda that needs to be there. No more clone either. He'll have his own moveset with his sword and a TP make over.

3.) Luigi-Obviously he's going to be there and with the vacuum from Luigi's Mansion, thus, removing him from the clone department.

4.) Game and Watch-A very easy, non clone character that Nintendo can easily add to the game.

5.) Krystal-Probably going to be there anyway, Star Fox needs atleast 3 reps and she would bring a unique character not only to the game but to the representation of the series as well IF she is modeled after her Dinosaur Planet role.

6.) Ridley-Badly under represented, the Metroid series needs a character that isn't Samus in some way, shape or form. Ridley is the only major character outside of Samus that could actually fit a on a stage. His huge fan base should have caught the eyes of Sakurai and team. Potential for unique move set.

7.) Claus-Earthbound needs more than Lucas as a rep (though I'm liking Lucas more and more) and Claus makes sense that Ness is most likely gone (Lucas basically is Ness with a better haircut and better moves and even some of Ness's former moves). We'd also have another villain/rival/antagonist character added to the roster, which the confirmed roster currently lacks.

8.) Isaac-Let's get a brand new game some representation. Isaac would be sweet because he has, for lack of a better term, metaphysical/magical powers, which not many characters have and plus he is a sword wielder, which could be an awesome mix for combination attacks.

9.) Ray 01-Getting another game some representation, Ray would be the only robot on the entire roster. I'm not sure of all his abilities, but he would be a great looking character and his robot physics could be very interesting for move set creators.

10.) Micaiah-I love Marth and liked Roy, but I wouldn't mind Fire Emblem getting new reps since the franchise has so many possible choices for characters. She would to both the female character and the magic characters, which the confirmed roster now lacks.

11.) Wolf O'Donnell-Ok, I know I'm going to get ripped for this, being one of the founders of the New StarWolf Thread and all, but I don't see why Wolf can't be in the game. He is the 3rd rep the Star Fox series needs, he's more interesting that Falco because of his rivaly with Fox and he DOES have the potential to BE UNIQUE AND NOT A CLONE.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course, this list is final only if the count of character takes a max of 11 more. If the roster count is greater, other possibilities include:

12.) King K.Rool-The DK series has only two reps and is terribly under-represented. K.Rool would to the villain count and might be the only important and well-know character left in the serious that could be worth having.

13.) Sukapon-Game and Watch, Pit, and the Ice Climbers might be the only "retro" characters on the roster? I think not. Sukapon is way different than any character I've listen because his body could be his weapon. Watch videos of him and you'll see what I mean.

14.) Lucario-I don't know much about him, but MewTwo was awful and people clammer for a 4th generation pokemon, so here you go.

15.) Mega-Man-I left out 3rd party character because honestly I don't know how many there will be, but if I had to pick one, it be Mega. He's got the ability to pull of a Kirby power stealing move, but add more umph behind it.

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
1. Luigi - obviously gonna be in
2. C. Falcon - probably going to be in
3. Mr. G & W - he offers a different taste
4. Mewtwo - he's pretty awesome
5. Andy - i think Advance Wars should get some presentation
6. Ridley - Metroid needs another character other than Samus
7. Claus - i'm up for more badguys in brawl, and another mother 3 rep
8. Fawful - I love that little guy >.<
9. Agent Jay - lol cause it would be awesome to have an Elite Beat Agents
10. Sukopon - i want a robot!
11. Phoenix Wright - (WTF) he'd have an interesting moveset xD

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
01. Luigi
Veteran, Super Mario series. He´s obvious and more than deserves it. His new Down Special will be the Poltergust 3000, which, like Mario´s F.L.U.D.D., deals no damage but can be used while shielding and sucks enemies in. His Final Smash will either be the Luigi Finale, an electric-green version of his brother´s, or releasing a swarm of Boos.

02. Ganondorf
Veteran, The Legend of Zelda series. The third member of the Triforce and the only constant character in his franchise aside from Link and Zelda. He will be revamped, looking like he did in Twilight Princess and wielding the Sword of Sages. His Special moves will be changed to differentiate him from Captain Falcon, borrowing from not only Twilight Princess but also other Zelda games. His Final Smash will be transform him into Feral Beast Ganon, much like Bowser turns into Giga Bowser.

03. Captain Falcon
Veteran, F-Zero series. The main character of his franchise, present since the first Super Smash Bros. and supposedly Masahiro Sakurai´s favorite character from Melee. His franchise has been confirmed to appear through the Samurai Goro Assist Trophy. Will retain his moveset from Super Smash Bros. Melee, as Ganondorf will be revamped. His Final Smash will most likely be causing a detour for a group of F-Zero racers, making them rush through the stage at full speed. The famous giganto-Falcon Punch is anime-exclusive, and in my opinion far less likely.

04. Mr. Game & Watch
Veteran, Game & Watch Gallery games. Most people ignore all that he has done for Nintendo, and his importance as the star character of the first handheld videogame system. Will generally be the same as he was in Super Smash Bros. Melee; his Final Smash will summon the Octopus from one of the Gallery games, which will fling foes away with its tentacles and wreak general havoc.

05. Krystal
Newcomer, Star Fox series. Very highly requested, her voice actor has been confirmed to have done work for Brawl as the character. Her Special moves will be Staff Flare (neutral), Staff Boost (up), Freeze (forward) and Staff Quake (down). Her Final Smash will either summon the Kratoa god masks to fire beams of light at the battlefield or call for backup in the form of Arwings that will shoot at enemies. Her appearance may be based off of Star Fox Command, but she will still use her staff from Dinosaur Planet in battle in order to avoid coming off as too similar to Fox himself.

06. Jigglypuff
Veteran, Pokémon series. Has been around since the first installation of Super Smash Bros. and has an original moveset; as Sheik had proved, there is no need to remove such characters. Its Forward Special will be changed to Wake-up Slap, which works like Pound but hits faster and is somewhat weaker, yet does greater damage to sleeping foes (even those who have fallen asleep due to reasons other than Jigglypuff´s own Sing move). The duration of sleep caused by Sing will be increased. Its Final Smash could be Perish Song, where Jigglypuff sings a haunting melody and all foes who hear it are heavily and inevitably damaged several seconds later. It could also be Hyper Voice, which sends off damaging sound waves.

07. Lucario
Newcomer, Pokémon series. Represents Diamond and Pearl (also cashing in on its success) and acts as somewhat of a replacement for Mewtwo. It will have average speed, but be stronger than it is durable. Its Special moves will possibly be Vacuum Wave (neutral), a very quick and continuous arm spin in front of itself, Rock Climb (up), where it leaps forth and becomes able to actually climb up the side of the stage, Force Palm (forward), an open-fist punch that can cripple the opponent, and Dark Pulse (down), which sends a homing projectile of black miasma forth; meanwhile, Lucario is left vulnerable. Its Final Smash will most likely be Aura Sphere, a homing projectile of aural energy that is very hard to dodge.

08. Ridley
Newcomer, Metroid series. The only truly important and consistent character of his franchise aside from Samus herself (and the Metroids), highly requested in the Japanese polls (in that sense no other Metroid character competes with him) and generally wanted. Will be the heaviest fighter with multiple jumps, having a unique fighting style thanks to hulking size and focus on aerial battle. Appearance based off of the Metroid Prime games, including bio-mechanical features. His Special moves will likely consist of Fireball (neutral), a simple fireball spewed forward, Glide (up), which lets him move forward while shooting Fireballs, Tail Smash (forward), the classic long-ranged tail attack, and Pounce (down), where Ridley waits patiently until you let go of B, when he leaps forth and pummels his prey. His Final Smash could be the Meta Beam, a powerful attack with controllable directions.

09. Geno
Newcomer, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Third party, but not treated as such. The team will go out of their way to get him (which isn´t difficult anyway) due to the high request he got on the Japanese poll and the fact that people simply seem to like him a lot. His Special moves will be Geno Beam (neutral), Star Ride (up), Geno Whirl (down) and Geno Gatling Gun (down). His Final Smash will be the Geno Flash, complete with transformation into a cannon and shooting a flaming sun in the direction that is aimed. Will be a small, quick and frail character concentrated on hitting from afar with various projectiles. His fists will extend from his wrists for Smash attacks.

10. Sigurd
Newcomer, Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War. Sakurai is supposed to have a fondness for him, and he has been requested in the Japanese polls. Would be an older Fire Emblem character in order to please fans with a combination of old (Sigurd) and new (Ike). Would be an extremely unique character in that he would ride his horse in battle, but also be able to dismount, having a completely different battlestyle when on foot. His Special moves would be Jugdral Charge (neutral), Regal Leap (up), Javelin Throw (side) and Mount/Dismount (down). His Final Smash would call upon several other characters from the same game to attack opponents for a while. When on foot, his horse would either disappear through warp magic (and reappear when he wants to get back on it) or ride into the background, or just stand around and be invincible. Unlike Wario and his Chopper, other enemies would not be able to ride or take the horse when alone, or knock Sigurd off his horse. While on horse, Sigurd would travel faster on ground but have a much worse jump and practically no aerial game. He would also be sturdier and more no-flinch frames. On foot, he would still be sturdy (but not as much), slower but actually capable of jumping, and have about the same attack range.

11. Kid Link
Large-headed, cel-shaded version of Link that has appeared in many recent Zelda adventures. Was requested in Sakurai´s poll and his highly expected to be included, as few Zelda characters compete with him for the newcomer spot now that Tingle has been shown to be nothing more than a Trophy (his only real competition would be from Midna). He will either be cel-shaded like he was in his original games, or be adapted to a cartoonish version of the Twilight Princess style, or simply not be cel-shaded. He has many options for his Special moves, but this is a probable one: Gust Jar (neutral), Deku Leaf (up), Cane of Pacci (side) and Bombchu (down). His Final Smash will involve the use of the Wind Wake to create a tornado (Ballad of Gales) or simply strong winds.

Well, there it is. It´s a very predictable and boring list (aside from maybe Sigurd), but it works for the the purpose of making sales, and it´s not like I would be totally disappointed by it. If the total roster turned out to be forty, I would add: Masked Boy (MOTHER3), Soren (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), Ray (Custom Robo series), Doshin the Giant (Doshin the Giant) and Simon Belmont (Castlevania series - Third party Konami).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom