• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[#11] Link MU Discussion Thread 2010

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
We're gonna be throwing a lot of **** at you.

I think when I played A2Z offline I didn't have to approach once lol, gay matchup for Ganon.

Run/jump airdodge through his projectiles, if not wifi then PS works too.

You won't have problems wracking up damage since we're rather heavy, but we have the same benefit. Player with better DI will have an edge.

At killing percents just ftilt, that thing sends us far enough to not be able to recover even with DI.

Most Link's will DI up, so maybe if you can FoG really quickly you can **** us while we drift back to the stage.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, on the flip side though, when Link screws up in this matchup, it probably hurts lol.

I love how quickly Ganon can gimp Link.

Exalted

Smash Lord
If you have to airdodge trough some trash he throws around, don't airdodge towards him or you'll eat more trash or get ****ed. Also try to use the Gale Boomerang to your advantage. I got a nasty combo on this Link I played a few days ago thanks to GB.

Edit: Link isn't really heavy, but he has the fastest fastfall I've eva seen. Dtilts -> Gerudo.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Link has decent weight and great DI. He lives the second longest next to Snake if he doens't get gimped iirc.
Links never use Dtilt. If that is what you mean.

Exalted

Smash Lord
Link has decent weight and great DI. He lives the second longest next to Snake if he doens't get gimped iirc.
Links never use Dtilt. If that is what you mean.
I meant that his huge falling speed allows to get two Dtilts and a Gerudo on him at low percents. The internet strikes yet again!
And yes, Links with amazing DI are hard to kill.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Links have to have good DI otherwise they would always die from gimps. Its one of the first things they learned, even in 08. You might as well assume that if you meet a Link offline that his DI is good.
Lets sum up seome random facts
You can spotdgode Links grab on reaction
Link mains are mad awesome
Link mains are good trolls

Tbh Link can Nair gimg those suck D:

Exalted

Smash Lord
Random Ledge Game Facts:
If he does a Dair while hanging from the ledge (he will jump first, obviously), airdodge and watch him slowly plummet to his doom. If he has a bomb, he can let go of the ledge and throw the bomb upwards as a defensive option. It's only possible to grab the ledge three times with the Clawshot. Link can also airdodge/fair up to the ledge, so stand at a distance. As Doom also pointed out, the sex-kick properties combined with his falling speed let's his Nair gimp us either very quickly or from high altitudes by fastfalling.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
If he dairs when you are offstage Up b can trade hits with it so you won't die.
/another random thing that might help

Exalted

Smash Lord
I'd rather see him slowly pummel to his doom, but Dark Dive is a bit more useful in general, as it takes some time for an airdodge to finish.
Btw, can Link hit/punish you if you grab him with our Dark Dive?

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
You can also draft down from the ledge and stay under him, when the dair is over he will be too low and you can DJ up b too the ledge. But when you are sento ffstage nad then recover you will mostly be too low to Airdgode to avoid it and then Up b will trade hits with it if that situation ever occurs.

Rizen

Smash Legend
swf Link boards did this discussion recently:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287764
Random Ledge Game Facts:
If he does a Dair while hanging from the ledge (he will jump first, obviously), airdodge and watch him slowly plummet to his doom. If he has a bomb, he can let go of the ledge and throw the bomb upwards as a defensive option. It's only possible to grab the ledge three times with the Clawshot. Link can also airdodge/fair up to the ledge, so stand at a distance. As Doom also pointed out, the sex-kick properties combined with his falling speed let's his Nair gimp us either very quickly or from high altitudes by fastfalling.
Link can ledgestall any move he can do in the air, including boomerang, "quickdraw" arrows, and Zair (but it's freaking hard so it'll never be used). All of which can be beaten by shield-grabbing. Link's other options are to jump using Zair tether invulnerability or fake a ledge stall attack and re-grab the ledge. Rolling is too punishable. Link can also hang from the clawshot chain to outlast moves like Ganon's Utilt and Ike's Eruption.

Shields are Link's worst nightmare: They are faster than and stop every attack Link has except for his ultra laggy grab.
Zair spaced right will stop all Ganon's attacks.
Pick small stages or stages without platforms.

Top Bottom