• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10-Tier Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Warning Received
With 51 Characters, 4-6 tiers simply doesn't seem like enough. Also, at this early stage of the game, it's hard to make "fine" choices like characters within a certain bracket - so characters are NOT ordered within their brackets.

________
Usable-
________
10 - :4drmario::4olimar::4myfriends::4charizard::4miisword:

9 - :4pikachu::4pit::4samus::4zelda::4palutena:

8 -:4wiifit::4darkpit::4luigi::4miibrawl::4ganondorf:
________
Good-
________
7 - :4metaknight::4megaman::4miigun::4marth::4gaw::4bowserjr:

6 -:4dk::4lucina::4kirby::4pacman::4falco:

5 - :4villager::4wario2::4jigglypuff::4shulk::4littlemac:
________
Great-
________

4 - :4dedede::4robinm::4link::4mario::4falcon:

3 - :4tlink::4peach::4ness::4fox::4rob:
________
Amazing-
________
2 - :4yoshi::4bowser::4sonic::4greninja::4duckhunt:

1 -:4sheik::rosalina::4diddy::4lucario::4zss:

This may not be your exact experience, but I expect that at such an early stage of the game no character is "off" by more than a few categories. Again, tier lists are meant to reflect the meta and tournament results, they are an indication of how well a character had done and is expected to do - NOT how well they can possibly do.

I encourage you to break up the roster similarly and bundle fighters in groups of 5 (one group of 6). After a bunch of replies I'll work on an average. With rank 1 getting 10 points, and rank 10 getting 1 point - and then make a community list.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I actually agree with this for the most part, except for Brawler. Brawler is way better than that, probably near the very top. Unless we're limiting Miis to their default customs, in which case maybe he really is that bad.

I just noticed you wanted us to make our own, so I threw this together:

Best at top simply because it's easier that way

:4sheik: :rosalina: :4yoshi: :4littlemac: :4greninja:
:4miibrawl: :4lucario: :4diddy: :4tlink: :4zss:

:4rob: :4bowser: :4fox: :4sonic: :4peach:
:4falcon: :4pacman: :4villager: :4marth: :4duckhunt:

:4robinm: :4ness: :4miigun: :4bowserjr: :4palutena:
:4samus: :4pit: :4shulk: :4wario: :4link: :4mario:

:4dedede: :4metaknight: :4falco: :4darkpit: :4wiifit:
:4megaman: :4jigglypuff: :4pikachu: :4lucina: :4gaw:

:4ganondorf: :4dk: :4luigi: :4myfriends: :4kirby:
:4olimar: :4miisword: :4drmario: :4charizard: :4zelda::

It's worth noting I wouldn't break the list into nearly this many tiers if I didn't have to. My listing is really:

Top tier - Sheik, Rosalina.
High tier - Everyone down to Peach.
Mid tier - Everyone down to Link.
Low tier - everyone down to GW
Bottom tier - The rest (though the last row is noticeably worse).

Last edited:

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
So are we supposed to discuss eachother's lists or purely share them?

Cuz seeing Zard (who is really good imo) below Oli and Mii Sword (who are both really bad imo) makes me want to have a bit of a talk. And Doc being 2nd worst while Mario is mid tier, as well as a similar disparity between the Pits and Marths, as well as Puff, Pika, and Falco being "Low Tier" makes me want to talk a bit.

Really, all tier lists at this point mean nothing and are all a bunch of arbitrary, poorly constructed "evaluations", especially when we have the wonders that are new possible tech (GCC hype) and more than a month in the meta...

Personally, I like tier lists, I love 'em. But these are pointless and indicative of nothing.

deakolt

Smash Rookie
NNID
deakolt
3DS FC
1779-2030-4940
Everyone is always placing Ike way down in the Tier Lists, but if Ryuga is any indication... Ike is mid tier at least.

I wish people wouldn't make lists with the entire cast rather only the characters they are familiar with- When you see something like this there is just such a diversity of opinion it's hard to have a conversation about any given list-

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
So are we supposed to discuss eachother's lists or purely share them?

Cuz seeing Zard (who is really good imo) below Oli and Mii Sword (who are both really bad imo) makes me want to have a bit of a talk. And Doc being 2nd worst while Mario is mid tier, as well as a similar disparity between the Pits and Marths, as well as Puff, Pika, and Falco being "Low Tier" makes me want to talk a bit.

Really, all tier lists at this point mean nothing and are all a bunch of arbitrary, poorly constructed "evaluations", especially when we have the wonders that are new possible tech (GCC hype) and more than a month in the meta...

Personally, I like tier lists, I love 'em. But these are pointless and indicative of nothing.
Discussion is good. Of note, I didn't order the characters within each individual tier. Also, the point of early/preliminary tierlists is twofold.

1. We can watch the meta evolve

2. Players not as well caught up in the scene can get a sense of general opinions on characters

In 5 years I hope we'll have a tier list or two from these first couple months to compare to and look back on.

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
Discussion is good. Of note, I didn't order the characters within each individual tier. Also, the point of early/preliminary tierlists is twofold.

1. We can watch the meta evolve

2. Players not as well caught up in the scene can get a sense of general opinions on characters

In 5 years I hope we'll have a tier list or two from these first couple months to compare to and look back on.
But there is no reason in comparing as no one is even close to having a full idea on everybody and everyone. Sure, having a general concept of a few characters like how we look back at Fox, Shiek, Marth (Melee), MK, Snake (Brawl) is nice but do we look back at everything? Do we say "Oh look ICs are 23rd on this random tier list from this random player in early 2002!"? No... we don't because it is pointless. There is no evolution as there is nothing right now other than us just running around doing and saying whatever makes sense to us in our tiny little bubbles.

What some random guy on Smashboards right here right now holds no weight in a week, in a month, in a year, which it seems we agree on. However, what I say right now, what you or anyone says right now, doesn't even matter right now. And as a result, any and all comparisons are moot.

Also, minor nitpick. When we look back at early Melee and Brawl tier lists, they're from more than 1 month of time on a suboptimal setup to play on when we have better options on the horizon. Like whenever I hear MK or Snake talk of the early days, its almost always "in the first few months" or "the first six months".

And according to http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSBM_tier_lists_(NTSC) and http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSBB_tier_lists_(NTSC) , the first official Melee tier list was up more than 10 months after release and the first official Brawl one at over 7 months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom