• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10 man smash records/strategies sharing

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
Hello fellow smashers.

I've been messing around 10 man smash lately and wondered if there were other people here that were playing it too.
So far, I've able to get bowser down to 9:11 and DK to 9:16, but am really struggling to get under 9 seconds with them!

With DK, especially, the last Big DK is really heavy, so it is not always easy to send him out in one hit :-/

I've heard some people have gotten ZSS under 9 : does someone have an amazing strat to share? :)

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
How cow I got ten seconds with Zelda and I thought I was top brass! Guess not.

The only thing I can really think of is that most enemies either spawn right above the left or right platform of Battlefield, but that's it

For Zelda, I would jump to the top right platform, use an aerial, land and then UpB to the other side. And then I may have UpBed again to the left, and probably used upB to kill the big one

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So far the world record for every character is below 7 seconds. Here are the tips I can share:

There are 4 spawn points: far left, mid left, mid right, and far right. When you start a game, all the spawn points are random, but if you pause and reset, they stay the same. If you get a bad pattern, pause and quit until you get a better pattern, then use pause and reset to do your attempts. All the spawns after the initial 4 are random, even if you pause and reset.

You want to get a spawn where you can kill all 4 of the starting Miis at once. Then, from either the side platform or the top, you want to be able to kill 3-4 of the respawning ones in one attack. This is all luck based since you don't know where they're going to respawn. So just try to hit them from where you're standing, and reset if it doesn't work. Then, use one final attack to kill the last 2-3 of them. The giant character doesn't always get killed by some attacks that can kill Miis, so you may have to use a different attack for the last group.

You can save milliseconds by pause buffering the giant character's loading, rather than waiting 1-2 seconds for it to appear. Once you're down to the final group, if you're in a position where there's nothing else in your area, pause and unpause repeatedly so the game can start loading the giant character during the pause screens without wasting ingame time. You can still get basic sub-10 times without this, but it's actually essential if you want to push your times as low as possible.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
So far the world record for every character is below 7 seconds. Here are the tips I can share:

There are 4 spawn points: far left, mid left, mid right, and far right. When you start a game, all the spawn points are random, but if you pause and reset, they stay the same. If you get a bad pattern, pause and quit until you get a better pattern, then use pause and reset to do your attempts. All the spawns after the initial 4 are random, even if you pause and reset.

You want to get a spawn where you can kill all 4 of the starting Miis at once. Then, from either the side platform or the top, you want to be able to kill 3-4 of the respawning ones in one attack. This is all luck based since you don't know where they're going to respawn. So just try to hit them from where you're standing, and reset if it doesn't work. Then, use one final attack to kill the last 2-3 of them. The giant character doesn't always get killed by some attacks that can kill Miis, so you may have to use a different attack for the last group.

You can save milliseconds by pause buffering the giant character's loading, rather than waiting 1-2 seconds for it to appear. Once you're down to the final group, if you're in a position where there's nothing else in your area, pause and unpause repeatedly so the game can start loading the giant character during the pause screens without wasting ingame time. You can still get basic sub-10 times without this, but it's actually essential if you want to push your times as low as possible.
YOU SIR ARE AMAZING

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
I was messing around with pause buffering, because I felt like it made a difference. I couldn't make sure it did though : were you able to find out if it really does make a difference ?

Very interesting info !

Do you have any vid of a WR to share?

Top Bottom