• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10 Intense Bosses...no hearts...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sounds too ridiculous to be true. Then again, practice makes perfect. Although I highly doubt that anyone could clear Intense Boss Battles with absolutely 0 damage.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
it's possible, people have done it with MK and Kirby. I've beaten IBR with Snake but i used 2 hearts in response to Pokey and Duon.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
he didn't do it with 0 damage. though i did watch it

when you see the video, you'll notice he gets to taboo at 75%, with all 3 hearts, then beats taboo after getting hit like once i think.

Keltzon

Smash Cadet
Ha ha that would be really hard to do... take no damage?

As of right now, I've been able to take no damage from all the bosses, but not in a row. In Boss Battle mode, they get harder and harder the closer you are to facing Taboo. So they just keep getting faster and faster *sadface*

I certainly could try it, but I doubt I could manage taking no damage at all...

EDIT: I'd like to see those videos of MK and Kirby taking no damage, btw.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Ha ha that would be really hard to do... take no damage?

As of right now, I've been able to take no damage from all the bosses, but not in a row. In Boss Battle mode, they get harder and harder the closer you are to facing Taboo. So they just keep getting faster and faster *sadface*

I certainly could try it, but I doubt I could manage taking no damage at all...

EDIT: I'd like to see those videos of MK and Kirby taking no damage, btw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FDeZ9ydtM4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa5nSF8Czv4&feature=related

Nocternity

Smash Rookie
wow man, ONLY took you 3 days? haha jk i still haven't been able to even get close!!

Keltzon

Smash Cadet
Hmm...those videos seem suspicious...

MK, against Petey, throws himself into a few situations where I KNOW he would be hit, aka being underneath Petey when he is landing, and instead of airdodging he attacks. and he gets no damage? ive never managed that.

and kirby is blatently inside of Porky's attack on minute 4:55 for almost a full second, yet he takes no damage? and again, on 6:04, when Ridley goes right through an attacking Kirby. This is not possible on the American version, unless I'm just failing...

either i'm just totally seeing this wrong, or the japanese version is easier to dodge boss attacks.

also, in both of those videos, others are convinced that a hack is used.

I know I do not have all the battles shown, and I apologize. I didn't know we had a camera until that time. >.< But at least it still shows that I did it.

however, congratulations to the man who did this with MK and Kirby! If it's real, then I am very impressed!

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Hmm...those videos seem suspicious...

MK, against Petey, throws himself into a few situations where I KNOW he would be hit, aka being underneath Petey when he is landing, and instead of airdodging he attacks. and he gets no damage? ive never managed that.

and kirby is blatently inside of Porky's attack on minute 4:55 for almost a full second, yet he takes no damage? and again, on 6:04, when Ridley goes right through an attacking Kirby. This is not possible on the American version, unless I'm just failing...

either i'm just totally seeing this wrong, or the japanese version is easier to dodge boss attacks.

also, in both of those videos, others are convinced that a hack is used.

I know I do not have all the battles shown, and I apologize. I didn't know we had a camera until that time. >.< But at least it still shows that I did it.

however, congratulations to the man who did this with MK and Kirby! If it's real, then I am very impressed!
-Against Petey so long as you arent under his butt you are in a safe zone. I abuse this with Snake by constantly Uair-ing a cage as he starts to land
-Porkey's body only damages during the Doom Beam attacks, other than that he was safely away from all hitboxes. Same with Ridley, the only time her whole body does damage is when she does a body slam or attacks from the background.

Hacks arent used, I've experienced it myself. There are various exploitable areas for bosses that can be achieved easily with MK and Kirby since they have such a small stature. And HONESTLY, you plan to believe youtube comments?!

zarkawi

Smash Cadet
what hack could he have possilby used? no action replay for wii yet might i add. you can spot dodge petey's slam very easily, i did it a hundred times in SSE while waiting for a trophy stand.

Keltzon

Smash Cadet
Jeff: Heh, you're right about the youtube comments. I can't trust them. And since I have little to no experience with MK and Kirby, I'll just have to trust that their stature let them do it.

EDIT: I found the holes in Petey's hitboxes ^-^ Why I didn't manage to see it before, I don't know.

Zark: Some people were complaining because whenever his Kirby turns into a rock then back out, it makes a noise that isn't heard if you play the puffball. I'm guessing, however, that it's just bad sound quality. Also, I know how to spotdodge: The issue was that he wasn't dodging at all, and it looked as if Kirby was going right through Petey.

Hect: In the beginning, I show the 3 hearts, then I beat Taboo. At the end, the screenshot of Taboo with his wings spreadeagled is the one you get when beating Boss Battles on Intense. For further proof, I did it on a friend's Wii, who hadn't beaten Intense Mode yet, so it unlocked the challenge.

I'm only a mediocre player, so I'm going to believe Jeff. Is that guy from Japan? Cuz I'm an American, and I'd like to know if there are any other Americans who beat it as well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Sounds too ridiculous to be true. Then again, practice makes perfect. Although I highly doubt that anyone could clear Intense Boss Battles with absolutely 0 damage.
In case you didn't realize, there's a video of a MK doing just that.

EDIT: Whooops, too late.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Keltzon, is Fox one of your mains? I ended up using him to beat Boss Mode on Intense because he has all the tools to get the job done, but not having used him since the N64 days probably added some difficulty to it.

Keltzon

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I never used him in Melee, and never really considered him for Brawl until I played the Bosses. It's not good practice, doing the same moves over and over again, but at least you learn the timing and understand his weight a little better. He's now my first alt, my main is Lucario.

sxiz

Smash Cadet
Haha, MK and Kirby are awesome.

It bothers me that it's like there's a screenshot of the character select screen and then it starts. It looks fake, but I so want to believe it.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I'm actually going to try boss battles on intense after seeing how to dodge that ****ing butterfly move with Tabuu. I thought it was one big attack and not 3 waves. It always insta-killed me.

toof

Smash Rookie
Lucas owns at this since he can use some bosses like duon and hand to heal himself. his pk attacks leave him out in the open so i just used his air skills and snuck in a pk thunder to finish.

Keltzon

Smash Cadet
toof: Lucas is another great choice! I tried him just recently, and found out that your strategy works. Nice.

Master of Fossils: Thank you! Although all that time it took me to do, I probably should have been playing PvP lol. I'm still not up to snuff against my local players, but darnit, I can KILL the computers! ^-^

For those players who played Fox in Melee, I'd like for you to use him and try to beat these bosses on Intense. To me, Fox appears to be very much like Dr. Mario in weight and speed now. What I mean is, I can never play Fox/Falco in Melee...but I do well with him in Brawl. Is there a reason? I have to know those differences, and it'll be easier to figure out just what those differences are by playing the computers, rather than against another human. You get to spam moves, get a feel for the speed, that sort of thing.

Of course, if I need to be asking that in the character threads, I understand.

Top Bottom