• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#1 Best Move in the Entire Game?

Ze Dewott

Smash Cadet
The process in between becoming a kid or a squid
NNID
ZeDewott
I thought this would be something interesting to talk about. What does everyone believe to be the best move in the entire game? (bar Final Smashes, of course.) I think it's Zero Suit Samus's Flip Jump. It has multiple assets to it, being a recovery move, an attack that buries AND spikes, an attack that kills, and a fantastic move to close in space and get back on stage with from above, maybe even pulling of a surprise spike. Honorable mentions go to Yoshi's DAir, Villager's Pocket, and Shulk's Monado Arts. So, what do you think is the best move in the entire game?

LuxxyTH

Smash Rookie
NNID
LuxxyTH
3DS FC
3394-3942-4193
Marth/Lucina's Shield Breaker. It gives them the horizontal recovery they need (provided they can charge it up enough), if you get hit by it you're gonna take some heavy damage if used correctly, if you break their shield it literally doesn't matter where they are, you can push them to the closest edge of the stage to get Marth's F-Smash Tipper/Lucina's fully charged Shield Breaker because of the ridiculous amount of dizzy-stun. If the opponent is conditioned to expect aerials when you jump at them and they shield to punish it, you can mix it up with Shield Breaker to get a free kill. If they always air dodge when you jump at them, b-reverse or wavebounce shield breaker for a free kill. And b-reverse/wavebounce shieldbreaker is ridiculously good if they enjoy rolling.
I'm not biased I swear

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
In terms of viability, there are quite a few contenders. PK Fire is what makes Ness super annoying good, Mac's smashes are incredibly stupid on their own, Mewtwo's Shadow Ball is among the best projectiles in the game and, like, his only good move other than his tilts kek, Pac-Man's hydrant can be used to cover landings pretty much all the time and is essential to his trapping game, Yoshi's Dair eats through shields and trumps any escape options, and the only approach option Sonic needs is Spin Charge. The best move, though, is probably Shulk's Arts. It's what makes Shulk such a versatile character and he wouldn't even be close to what he is without them.

axelalexzander

Smash Cadet
If we're just considering the move only and nothing else like charge time its got to be Wario's waft. Can kill at like 30%-40%. It's completely ridiculous.

If we're talking best move considering everything, I'd say Shiek's fair. Fast, nice hitbox, no lag and spammable. Can chain combo people across the screen. Ness's Bthrow is a huge contender as well.

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Hmmmm. In no order: Sheik fair, BF, manado arts, lightweight, flip kick, QA.

D

Deleted member

As an off the wall choice, Monado Arts is honestly the best move in the game.

For something as more of an offensive move, probably Sonic's Forward Special. Hard to say, though.

Castle Maker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Castle Maker
3DS FC
0130-2851-8580
I think that King Dedede's Forwad Smash is one of the most powerful moves in the game, it may not be the "best" move in the game it sure is a fright when you get hit with it at 40% and get KO'd

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Luma Shot/Warp has the best versatility.

And Gravitational Pull denies projectiles.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Falcon Punch.

Kidding.
Sheik's Fair, followed by Monkey Flip, followed by Needles, followed by Bouncing Fish. Putting three of those four moves onto the same character would be so stupid.

Owait.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Luma Warp because it confirms into literally anything. I'm not even exaggerating. Shadow Ball because it's too ****ing strong. Dr. Mario's Super Jump Punch cause it's an out of shield option, a KO move, and a combo breaker, and Yoshi's Nair.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
-Sheik's Fair
-Needles
-Bouncing Fish
-Sheik's Usmash
-Sheik's Uair
-Sheik's Dsmash
-Sheik's Ftilt
-Sheik's Jab
-Shiek's Nair
-Sheik

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
It's hard to make an argument against Shiek Fair or Ness's back throw. Maybe Wario waft, one of the best punishing moves.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'd argue that PK Thunder is one of the most clever moves in the entire series.
It's a recovery. It's a projectile. It's a close-range move. It's a mind-game tool.
And it's been around since the very beginning, where movesets weren't that inventive yet, so it gets extra credit.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
To be technical, its KO Punch...

But to be logical, it might be Mario Cape, because it can kill people at zero with some weird mixups, has a reflect, and gives Mario a boost to help recover... Plz Nerf… Like if you agree

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
I always loved Jigglypuffs rest and Luigi's Taunt and Fire Uppercut

The sound effect and hilarity always get to me

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Yoshi's down air is horrendously good (despite its landing lag), and Shulk's nair are good contenders for best moves. Other than that I think luigi's down throw, ness's PK fire, and sheik's tilts, fair, bair, and needles are probably the best moves in the game.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Kong Cyclone. Nothing else comes near.

Wind boxes
Giant range
Super armor for the entire move after startup
0 landing lag with proper spacing
Almost unavoidable

Unless you practice specifically for this move if you're met with it you're ****ed.

Thor

Smash Champion
Quick Attack is definitely the best special.

You now can't be cornered, can set up into combos from any aerials [and possibly ground moves], if you read an airdodge at mid percents you get a free smash attack (which can kill depending on location etc.) [due to landing lag on airdodge], recover from almost anywhere so you can go basically as deep as you want, and you can ALWAYS mixup recovery angles, while it's good enough to get onstage or to ledge from a ledge trump leaving you with mixups even then. It's also easy to get from the ledge to center stage so that you should rarely be stuck on the ledge. You can also get anywhere you want on Battlefield in less than a second, and anywhere on the base of most stages in a second or less as well, making covering landings MUCH easier. And it combos even better on any stage with slopes or moving platforms.

Oh, and while it's wholly irrelevant to regular games, second hit kills in sudden death. If you enjoy salt, get to sudden death, kill them with it [really easy since it's so safe], and watch the salt fly.

Might be better than Sheik fair, since Sheik fair does maybe half of that stuff yet can just be used in neutral a gazillion times rather safely, but I'm not gonna spend a bunch of time arguing about a topic like this.

2Fat4U

Smash Rookie
Using the original combo move that makes ryu jump in street fighter kills your opponent in one hit no matter what percentage.

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu's quick attack
Pikachu is ridiculous in this game and it's taking forever for people to acknowledge it

Last edited:

Kyris_Crass

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon's uair has to be in the top 5 best moves, at least. Seemingly zero lag, both in the air or while landing. It combos into itself better than it ever has since Smash 64 and is great for crossups and starting jab combos.

Rosalina's up air is really good too. Dat massive hitbox and sword priority. The space halo of doom and despair.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I don't know what's the best but I personally love Villager's tree. It acts as a shield, and you can use the axe to just chop someone or chop down the tree. Either way, it's really strong and doesn't take too long to use. Plus, the tree growing itself can kill too.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Roy's our Boy is the best move in the game

...all joking aside, I'd have to say either the Dancing Blade on the FE trio or Counter. Counter works well when timed correctly while Dancing Blade gives me multiple hits as well as a possible opening to a second attack following

LuxxyTH

Smash Rookie
NNID
LuxxyTH
3DS FC
3394-3942-4193
Roy's our Boy is the best move in the game

...all joking aside, I'd have to say either the Dancing Blade on the FE trio or Counter. Counter works well when timed correctly while Dancing Blade gives me multiple hits as well as a possible opening to a second attack following
Actually I've tested Roy's counter against Shulk's using DDD's fully charged F-Smash. Roy needs 10% to kill without rage while Shulk doing the back vision needs ZERO percent without rage and without Monado Arts.
So yeah Shulk's counter is still the best counter.

Top Bottom