• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.1.4 new combos

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Marth has a hoo-hah at high percents and its a kill confirm now because of the increased tipper range. I think it might be a true combo at lower percents, if you're fast enough or fastfall it.

I think, if you dthrow at the correct percent, the only way out for them is airdodge, which is definitely possible for the opponent to do. But if you read it, you'll at least hit them.

And yes, tipper range was increased to make bair hit if they di away/behind marth. No range increase to uair, just damage increase.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Some crazy true combos

Weak hit falling Uair - full jump, double jump, Fair - Tipper Fair

This is a kill combo, and works from around 50 to 73% on Marth in Training mode.

Falling Uair - fulljump dbljump Fair - DS (up b)

That is really good at mid percents and kills around 55%!

Weak hit falling uair - dbl jump weak hit uair - up b
78-92% true combo on Marth

Weak hit Sh rising fair combos into up b from 53 to 68% and can kill!

Weak hit falling fair into tipper fsmash at 23 - 53% on marth, but after 50%, seems to require dashcancel fsmash or absolute perfect spacing. Probably a good idea to start dashcancel fsmash as early as 43% though.

Weak hit falling fair to tipper ftilt at 16-56%

Weak hit Falling fair to dtilt 7-47%

Weak hit Falling fair to tipper sh fair 40-86%

9. Falling Nair to fsmash 0-30%+, getting harder after 30.

I don't think this is news to anyone, but if dair stage spikes without a tech, it leads to guaranteed kill setups starting around 60%, with either fsmash, then usmash, then uair or bair.

Doing more testing...

Last edited:

Sir Lancelot

Smash Cadet
Can someone lab out falling up air into up smash? It seems like this might combo, or at least lead into a 50-50 airdodge situation.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Can someone lab out falling up air into up smash? It seems like this might combo, or at least lead into a 50-50 airdodge situation.
It definitely is a combo. The hard part is, if you receive damage and get rage built up, it doesn't remain a combo at the same percents, but instead would work earlier than if you were at 0.
But that's the same with all marth's moves.

Anyway, in training mode VS marth I got falling uair to tipper usmash from 52-68%ish. It combos before 52, but no tipper.

Dair stage spike is a way better kill option into fsmash, usmash, or uair than falling uair is, although both are difficult to set up.

Last edited:

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Yeah, fair definitely has a lot better follow up potential. It's pretty great.

Spc2799

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spc2799
I got sour fair into a footstool offstage at around 10-20% just a little while ago. I haven't labbed it or anything but i will say it was hilarious. It probably isn't true and is likely dependent on poor DI but its still funny as hell.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Marth VS Marth at the ledge in training mode, you can do
-sh rising fair (non tip)
-offstage fastfall, jump
-tipper fair

This is a true combo from 65 to 80ish% and kills!

Perhaps a more reliable double fair ko setup is tipper jab, full hop non tipp fair, tipperfair.

No second jump needed.

That second string seems to have a bigger window to combo and kill, and is easier to setup, imo.

Last edited:

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
I got sour fair into a footstool offstage at around 10-20% just a little while ago. I haven't labbed it or anything but i will say it was hilarious. It probably isn't true and is likely dependent on poor DI but its still funny as hell.
Please elaborate if you haven't already. I'm skimming through this thread see if I can pick up something I haven't already discovered on my own. This is something I haven't so I'm just genuinely curious.

Top Bottom