• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.1.0 Captain Falcon changes

TheGreatBrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueMario1998
3DS FC
5198-3100-0796
I would love for a falcon punch buff because it's just unbelievable how much weaker it is, but that's the only buff I feel like Falcon needs because he is already pretty strong. Falcon is not hardest to master. He may be hard to master but not harder than some other characters like Shulk and Ryu. Maybe hard if you want to use him till his full potential but he not harder than some other characters.

FALCON (///_V)

Smash Rookie
I find this change to bair as a buff. You can literally string 4 or 5 bears in combo when done correctly a lot easier now. I've done this before patch and after and it's true to certain characters at low prevents.

FALCON (///_V)

Smash Rookie
@ F FALCON (///_V) 4 or 5 bairs in a combo? Can you show us a replay? That seems interesting, even if I'm pretty skeptical about its viability.
I can attempt too replicate it. Its not the easiest thing. You have to fast fall short hop each one and the main problem with doing it is you have to catch your opponent in the aor just above the ground. If they touch the ground it doesant work.

TheGreatBrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueMario1998
3DS FC
5198-3100-0796
Even if it can combo it still makes it harder to kill with Falcon's air attacks. His dair is pretty predictable, his fair requires sweetspot, his nair is a combo move, his uair is a combo move with low killing power too. So...

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
While I agree with you, Falcon is the last character I'd say has trouble for killing. Bair is still ridiculously strong anyway, and if everything else fails Nair kills at around 150%

FALCON (///_V)

Smash Rookie
Killing with falco. To me is very easy how ever i probably play a top falcon in louisiana and i play to much falcon anyway lol. Tips on killing. Honestly you can bait the hell out of air dodges for spikes and do well done reads. Knee is viable at percents when you discover and play enough. Nair is a very good kill option at 130 off stage by fast falling for the second hit which is hard to hit but very viable and a great mix up. Down throw at 70 to90 % into thunder knee is also a great mix up to bait out airdoges since theyll expect the uair. You have to fast fall it but it's a great option. Also down throw upair to knee is a true combo i find between 45 to 60% depending on weight. This is meant for brawler above. I need to change to my tag of falcoon lol

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I would love for a falcon punch buff because it's just unbelievable how much weaker it is, but that's the only buff I feel like Falcon needs because he is already pretty strong. Falcon is not hardest to master. He may be hard to master but not harder than some other characters like Shulk and Ryu. Maybe hard if you want to use him till his full potential but he not harder than some other characters.
I feel its fine to be honest, is strong, comes out at a reasonable speed considering its power, and it gives you certain mobility in the air that makes it a good punish in some situations an aerial or smash wouldn't work. its a hard read punish.

TheGreatBrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueMario1998
3DS FC
5198-3100-0796
I feel its fine to be honest, is strong, comes out at a reasonable speed considering its power, and it gives you certain mobility in the air that makes it a good punish in some situations an aerial or smash wouldn't work. its a hard read punish.
In my opinion it's probably not worth pulling out anymore considerig its nerf. It might have in brawl but sometimes it doesnt kill at even over 90%...

Furret24

Smash Master
In my opinion it's probably not worth pulling out anymore considerig its nerf. It might have in brawl but sometimes it doesnt kill at even over 90%...
Lol at somebody complaining how one of their aerial KO moves won't kill at 90%.

Last edited:

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Falcon isn't a hard character to master IMO. He has one of the lowest skill ceilings in the game. He can't be developed as much as, say Diddy or Sheik. There's only so much you can do with Falcon.

TheGreatBrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueMario1998
3DS FC
5198-3100-0796
Lol at somebody complaining how one of their aerial KO moves won't kill at 90%.
A falcon punch? Which is supposed to be one of the strongest moves in the game? Lol, also if you are talking about back air his back air sometimes won't kill over 100%. I'm not complaining about that since I would like more challenge as Falcon since it's pretty easy to kill as Falcon. But a falcon punch is a pretty slow move, if it has same everything as warlock punch but just a bit faster then it should be stronger than what it currently is.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
A falcon punch? Which is supposed to be one of the strongest moves in the game? Lol, also if you are talking about back air his back air sometimes won't kill over 100%. I'm not complaining about that since I would like more challenge as Falcon since it's pretty easy to kill as Falcon. But a falcon punch is a pretty slow move, if it has same everything as warlock punch but just a bit faster then it should be stronger than what it currently is.
I meant Back-Air. An aerial attack killing at 100% is pretty good. Falcon Punch on the other hand is garbage and could use a buff or two.

TheGreatBrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueMario1998
3DS FC
5198-3100-0796
Falcon isn't a hard character to master IMO. He has one of the lowest skill ceilings in the game. He can't be developed as much as, say Diddy or Sheik. There's only so much you can do with Falcon.
I actually don't really mind the back air changes at all. What bothered me is how Falcon is the one to be nerfed when there are other characters that deserve nerfs more than he does. Although I don't like nerfs... If there will be nerfs it has to be Sheik, Luigi, you know those top characters. The back air becoming weaker doesn't bother me just the way Sakurai handles the balance patches confuses me... Plus the back air nerf makes me go for knee more.

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
that`s your opinion....
ZeR0: "Falcon is the definition of an easy to pick character but hard to master in fact he `s the most difficult to master thats why most people can play with him on a competitive level"
Your mediocre opinion against the opinion of the actual champion...pls

apparently fuz

NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
I actually don't really mind the back air changes at all. What bothered me is how Falcon is the one to be nerfed when there are other characters that deserve nerfs more than he does. Although I don't like nerfs... If there will be nerfs it has to be Sheik, Luigi, you know those top characters. The back air becoming weaker doesn't bother me just the way Sakurai handles the balance patches confuses me... Plus the back air nerf makes me go for knee more.
Sheik definitely needs a nerf to her needles, but I don't really see how Luigi needs a nerf. His niche is his amazing combo game and frame data, which is hindered by his exploitable recovery, low traction, and poor air and ground mobility. Not to mention that he has a pretty poor MU spread across the top tiers.
that`s your opinion....
ZeR0: "Falcon is the definition of an easy to pick character but hard to master in fact he `s the most difficult to master thats why most people can play with him on a competitive level"
Your mediocre opinion against the opinion of the actual champion...pls
For a start, you don't see many Falcons played on a 'competitive level'. In CEO, there were only 2 Falcons in top 32, MVD and Fatality, in which Fatality was the only solo Falcon, who came 17th. MVD came 5th, who also used Duck Hunt Duo and Diddy. In EVO top 32, there were no Falcons.

Second, provide me a link where ZeRo says that.

Third, if ZeRo did actually say that, that doesn't mark my opinion as 'mediocre'. What I find mediocre is you parroting what a top player says instead of giving me reasons to believe that Falcon 'one of the hardest characters to master'.

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
Sheik definitely needs a nerf to her needles, but I don't really see how Luigi needs a nerf. His niche is his amazing combo game and frame data, which is hindered by his exploitable recovery, low traction, and poor air and ground mobility. Not to mention that he has a pretty poor MU spread across the top tiers.

For a start, you don't see many Falcons played on a 'competitive level'. In CEO, there were only 2 Falcons in top 32, MVD and Fatality, in which Fatality was the only solo Falcon, who came 17th. MVD came 5th, who also used Duck Hunt Duo and Diddy. In EVO top 32, there were no Falcons.

Second, provide me a link where ZeRo says that.

Third, if ZeRo did actually say that, that doesn't mark my opinion as 'mediocre'. What I find mediocre is you parroting what a top player says instead of giving me reasons to believe that Falcon 'one of the hardest characters to master'.
your opinion is nothing more than that besides you dont even know the meta game of falcon ZeR0 is the best Falcon in the world aside from being the current world champion whatever he says is true besides most of us Falcon players know that he ´s the hardest character to master he has everything to win but only with extreme precision and always taking risks, no proyectiles no safe recovery only skills to win in a game where other characters have ******** and unfair gimmicks to win, diddy kong and sheik more deep than C falcon? XD hahahahahhahaha please go away you ´r drunk

Last edited:

apparently fuz

NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
your opinion is nothing more than that besides you dont even know the meta game of falcon ZeR0 is the best Falcon in the world aside from being the current world champion whatever he says is true besides most of us Falcon players know that he ´s the hardest character to master he has everything to win but only with extreme precision and always taking risks, no proyectiles no safe recovery only skills to win in a game where other characters have ******** and unfair gimmicks to win, diddy kong and sheik more deep than C falcon? XD hahahahahhahaha please go away you ´r drunk
ZeRo isn't 'the best Falcon in the world', and yes, Diddy and Sheik are more deeper characters than Falcon.

TheGreatBrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueMario1998
3DS FC
5198-3100-0796
ZeRo can't be the best falcon in the world if he use falcon only for fun. So fatality's opinion should probably be more valued than zero's since fatality is the one that uses falcon.

Comorant

Smash Cadet
In all seriousness, ZeRo can provide tons of insight but his opinions are so all over the place that you may want to take them with a bit of salt. Bowser and Lucario being among the top 5 didn't hold up, his whole ramblings about Shulk being potentially the best are still miles away from being seen, and he tends to do this thing where "X character is a bad matchup for my main so they must be top tier."

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
ZeRo can't be the best falcon in the world if he use falcon only for fun. So fatality's opinion should probably be more valued than zero's since fatality is the one that uses falcon.
Dude....ZeR0 is the best falcon in the world and current world champion...., that fatboy is awesome no one can defeat him

Last edited:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Nah, here's 3 gifs I made of me using Falcon Punch in 3 slightly different situations.

The first is a punish, the Luigi player uses side B while being to close to the stage which makes it easier to punish the predictability of that move, note that it KOs Luigi at 75% (Falcon Punch elevates it to 104%) While on the middle of the stage.

Second is as a read, lots of Fox/Falco players tend to use illusion to get back into the stage without even going for the ledge.

Third is a reaction/reflex, the moment I heard Nami use Falcon Kick I immediately went for the punch since Falcon Kick from the air has a lot of endlag, meaning that even If I didn't aim it right, I wouldn't have gotten punished for it.

All of those were started in the air, since the gives Falcon some mobility, something that can't be done with a smash attack, and an aerial wouldn't have had the right killing power for the KO.

The move is still very situational, but its got its uses.

Top Bottom