• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.0.8 Changes (Infinite Lightweight is still works!)

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
Replays are unavailable on the new update meaning balance has been tweaked. Please discuss findings here.

Confirmed
-Infinite Lightweight is safe
-U-tilt hitbox altered
-U-tilt does 1.2% more damage

Official Data changes

Palutena
--------

Utilt

all hitboxes
bone 1000 -> 0
size and positions adjusted heavily
looping hitboxes
damage 1.0 -> 1.2

Last edited:

Re4gNarsil

Smash Cadet
It's unbelievable that Lightweight is still glitched. Back air now does 12 (was it less before?) and seems to do more knockback. Probably just my imagination; I can confirm smashes, tilts, grabs, and aerials have the same damage and knockback though.

Last edited:

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
It's unbelievable that Lightweight is still glitched. Back air now does 12 (was it less before?) and seems to do more knockable.
Back Air's percentage is the same as always.

Re4gNarsil

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I figured. I saved the data on my PC for future updates, but somehow messed up that one move lol.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I have 2 3DSs with the old/new versions available. I could do a bit of side-by-side with Palu's moves later if you gurl would like. :dr^_^:

I'll do iT for Fujin.

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
I have 2 3DSs with the old/new versions available. I could do a bit of side-by-side with Palu's moves later if you gurl would like. :dr^_^:

I'll do iT for Fujin.
can you test u-tilt real quick? heard +1%

soru

#2 Best Palutena in Canada
Utilt does 9% instead of 8.
Nair was nerfed, does 10% instead of 11, it seems.
AR nerfed, does about 2.6% instead of 3% each projectile so it only adds up to 8% (used to do 9%, right?)

Sakurai, what are you doing.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
can you test u-tilt real quick? heard +1%
The damage increase was apparently entirely from the multi-hits, as it doesn't KO even 1% earlier.

Utilt does 9% instead of 8.
Nair was nerfed, does 10% instead of 11, it seems.
AR nerfed, does about 2.6% instead of 3% each projectile so it only adds up to 8% (used to do 9%, right?)

Sakurai, what are you doing.
NAir can still do 11%. It's just bad at catching all 6 hits sometimes.

As for AR, the bullets always did only 2.9%, so in training they'll only total 8%. In battle a fresh AR will do 9% though.

Edit : Oops, space out double post. @AeroLink_the_SoulMaster could I get these merged please? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

soru

#2 Best Palutena in Canada
Utilt also confirmed to suck in enemies, it's actually useful now.

Re4gNarsil

Smash Cadet
someone saying her utilt's been buffed can someone check this?
No, it is the same. I know what it did and have tried it today. Her b-air is also the same, and her n-air definitely does 10% now (I thought it did before too). Her side smash and down smash though concern me a little, because before the patch I could kill Marth where he started 4% to 5% earlier than I can now... maybe these two moves were weakened (damage is still the same), or maybe Marth changed somehow?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
someone saying her utilt's been buffed can someone check this?
The damage on the loop hits has been improved, and now the move does a total of 9.5%. Move does not KO any earlier, though.

Along with this, the final hit ALWAYS does 2.5% now I believe. It used to have two different damages on the final hit iirc: 2.5%(front)/1.5%(back)

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I think u-tilt has a wider hitbox in front of her now? And I'm noticing that pulling-in effect that solkiskey mentioned, I stood next to Metaknight and used it, and during the final part it pulled him in and launched him

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
The damage on the loop hits has been improved, and now the move does a total of 9.5%. Move does not KO any earlier, though.

Along with this, the final hit ALWAYS does 2.5% now I believe. It used to have two different damages on the final hit iirc: 2.5%(front)/1.5%(back)
Ah, no changes to the hitboxes? Would love if you could actually use that move. Looked like it had a pull in effect and a bigger hitbox in front of her when I tested it, but I have nothing to compare with so it could as well be placebo.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I dunno, Fox definitely fell out of U-tilt before unless he was standing right next to Palutena but now he doesn't. I doubt it's a placebo

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
You...used up tilt...on Fox?

May as well hold up a sign that says "please punish me".
Fujin pls, I didn't start playing Palutena yesterday I know not to use U-tilt against Fox lmao. I merely used him as an example because he was a character that almost always fell out of it, but now he doesn't.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I mostly use U-tilt because it pseudo-combos out of Jab 1 and kills at like 120% with rage.

Re4gNarsil

Smash Cadet
My bad, I meant her d-tilt/s-tilt are the same; her u-tilt does seem a little better though, which is great imo.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Well it's nice against Jigglypuff lol.

Not seeing the applications against fox of all characters.
That MU is bad enough without leaving yourself open for 30 frames, especially when youre raging at kill percentage.
???

Again, I don't use it against Fox. I use it against characters that Jab1>U-tilt works on and I know Fox isn't one of them. I mean, you barely have time to Jab>Grab the guy even at high %s so why would her frame 10 U-tilt work????????

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
Been testing about u-tilt. It does seem easier to connect this time around, but it could be just placebo. Also, am I the only one who gets an occasional 10%?

Neldy09

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-7038-5930
Did the animation on U-tilt always have her back bending that much? She looks really distorted.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Is anyone able to check frame data? Bair feels like it comes out a lot faster now, but I have no way to verify. :/

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Sakurai outright said no buffs to palu or pit due to morons crying "bias"
Not exactly. He said he could make them stronger, but said so far he hasn't done that yet with the previous patches. Not that he won't ever buff them.

I don't know too much about Pit, but I definitely know Palutena received a small buff in her Utilt going from 8% to 9%. And it feels like the hit box increased a little, but I have no confirmation on that so I'm labeling it as a placebo until further research. But other than that, she is the same.

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly. He said he could make them stronger, but said so far he hasn't done that yet with the previous patches. Not that he won't ever buff them.

I don't know too much about Pit, but I definitely know Palutena received a small buff in her Utilt going from 8% to 9%. And it feels like the hit box increased a little, but I have no confirmation on that so I'm labeling it as a placebo until further research. But other than that, she is the same.
If he said it like this don't that means he has some plans for them?

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
If he said it like this don't that means he has some plans for them?
Can't say for sure, but it helps to know that they are characters he struggles with.

Who knows? Maybe one day he might just have a change of heart.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Uptilt doesn't feel different for me. The dmg may be increased but I think that's it. It's always sucked them in like this. I know because I use jab -> utilt to kill at 110 if I get them up close (it's faster than a smash).

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Someone with access to both versions should test this on Fox while standing a about a character length away from him (about the width of Fox's model), then. Most of us in the Palutena Skype Group feel a difference.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Ahhhh, so this is what you Pallys were referring to. Just tested it on Fox.

1.0.7:

1.0.8:

In the 1.0.8 version, I was actually slightly away from Fox as well. I came to this conclusion. While I don't think the hit box increased, I believe the vacuum effect is what increased instead. Once again, a minor discovery, but it is there.

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
Official Raw Data file changes from @Thinkaman
Palutena
--------
Utilt
all hitboxes
bone 1000 -> 0