• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.0.6 Wii Fit Patch Notes and Predictions

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Due to the balance patch coming up. Why not have a thread for predictions and make one for official patch notes. Add your predictions, I'd like to hear them

1.0.6 Patch Notes

Buffs

Nerfs

Changed

Niala

Smash Ace
I suspect they're actually going to do something bad to her, like reduce the knockback on her USmash. I don't really have a lot of faith in their balance team, unfortunately.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I suspect they're actually going to do something bad to her, like reduce the knockback on her USmash. I don't really have a lot of faith in their balance team, unfortunately.
Actually idk, she is really unused on for glory. Both Japanese and many Americans think she's like bottom tier. I think she'll be buffed or stay the same.

Personally I'd like
  • Less start up and ending lag on smashes
  • A new utilt
  • More healing on SS and DB
  • A little more range
  • More priority on her attacks
With those she could easily be high tier imo.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I don't know about getting a completely new utilt, but it could absolutely use more range, because her skinny arm doesn't hit much. Maybe if the back leg got a weaker hitbox it'd be better.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I actually don't see her getting any buffs. I have low expectations that we'll get anything outside of a slight damage increase like Shulk.

Arean

Smash Ace
A better grab range would be nice. It's easy to rack up damage but the limitation of kill moves (again due to range) make it a tiny bit difficult.

Niala

Smash Ace
Actually idk, she is really unused on for glory. Both Japanese and many Americans think she's like bottom tier. I think she'll be buffed or stay the same.

Personally I'd like
  • Less start up and ending lag on smashes
  • A new utilt
  • More healing on SS and DB
  • A little more range
  • More priority on her attacks
With those she could easily be high tier imo.
I guess if we're discussing what we'd like to see, I'd love a lagless DThrow with it's current knockback and hitstun. The followups would be available early and then taper off at higher percents. After that, just some small adjustments to her hitboxes so ducking/small characters can actually be hit, specifically by her ftilt, fsmash, and grab. Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with her moveset.

Arean

Smash Ace
Basing on the community patch notes thread, I'm loving the range increase in WFT's jab and Fsmash +_+

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I guess if we're discussing what we'd like to see, I'd love a lagless DThrow with it's current knockback and hitstun. The followups would be available early and then taper off at higher percents. After that, just some small adjustments to her hitboxes so ducking/small characters can actually be hit, specifically by her ftilt, fsmash, and grab. Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with her moveset.
Wait did we get our lagless dthrow? I know that jab, fsmash, and usmash were buffed. I've heard that our fsmash is faster and we run faster but idk.

Niala

Smash Ace
Wait did we get our lagless dthrow? I know that jab, fsmash, and usmash were buffed. I've heard that our fsmash is faster and we run faster but idk.
DThrow is, sadly, identical and still predominantly useless. I just posted about USmash in the General Discussion, so and it seems jab1 is better but Fsmash I'm not convinced quite yet. I think it's just people overestimating how small the hitbox was before.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
DThrow is, sadly, identical and still predominantly useless. I just posted about USmash in the General Discussion, so and it seems jab1 is better but Fsmash I'm not convinced quite yet. I think it's just people overestimating how small the hitbox was before.
IMO dthrow isn't useless, it's good for baiting airdodges

Arean

Smash Ace
I'll be updating my 3ds and Wii U later. I want to test if there are changes to grabs. Which one would be best to update first, 3ds or Wii U? This is for me to have a comparison on pre and post patch.

Edit: Sad I have no Mewtwo code :c (Southeast asian version 3ds game)

Last edited:

Arean

Smash Ace
Alrighty, I'll post my findings once I get home (Give or take 2 hours). Any requests?

Arean

Smash Ace
Okay, I'll take note of that. I'll be testing the grab range on a variety of characters as well.

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Okay first thing when I woke up I checked my local facebook group and someone posted found changes so far and the only thing on Wii Fit was "Wii Fit Trainer (Soccer Ball does less damage, and slight damage reduction on Side A)" and I flipped my ****.

There's no truth to this right?
Glad to see the jab and Usmash though.

Arean

Smash Ace
I'll test those later as well if you want. Actually it looks like I'll be comparing all of WFT's moves later so hopefully I'll be able to compile a good list of changes.

Niala

Smash Ace
Okay first thing when I woke up I checked my local facebook group and someone posted found changes so far and the only thing on Wii Fit was "Wii Fit Trainer (Soccer Ball does less damage, and slight damage reduction on Side A)" and I flipped my ****.

There's no truth to this right?
Glad to see the jab and Usmash though.
I think reverse ftilt does 1% less, that might be what they're referring to on the "Side-A"
Soccer ball damage is the same as far as I can tell.

Arean

Smash Ace
Okay guys, currently testing both versions now. I have started with damage numbers, nothing has changed pre and post patch. I have tried to regular and fully charged smashes but no changes. Still testing more.

Edit: Please take note that I'm using the 3ds version for Pre-patch, while I use Wii U post-patch.

Vs Mario in Battlefield (Omega).

Pre-patch: Jumping Mario can be killed by a sweet spot, fully charged up smash around 58-60%
Post-patch: Jumping Mario can be killed by the same move around 49-51%

Could this be due to the stage? If not, that's a huge difference in killing power. This has no deep breathing as well.

Last edited:

Fadacious

Smash Rookie
I've noticed no changes to her at all. I thought she was a bit faster but I'm just an idiot

Arean

Smash Ace
Still has the same jump height and running speed. Sadly, up smash still has the same hit box and range (You can't hit behind Mario easily using a grounded up smash). Deep breathing still heals the same amount, as well as sun salutation.

In regards to their Forward smash... I think that the video presented earlier was just a placebo effect :c. So fa from what I have tested, Forward Smash also connects to Jigglypuff and Pikachu in the previous patch. We need more moving targets to confirm if there was any change.

Last edited:

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Still has the same jump height and running speed. Sadly, up smash still has the same hit box and range (You can't hit behind Mario easily using a grounded up smash). Deep breathing still heals the same amount, as well as sun salutation.

In regards to their Forward smash... I think that the video presented earlier was just a placebo effect :c. So fa from what I have tested, Forward Smash also connects to Jigglypuff and Pikachu in the previous patch. We need more moving targets to confirm if there was any change.
Sad like :( Thanks for the continued updates

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I swear, the move now either has a hitbox at the squat or it's much more consistent now.

And it might be placebo talking, but I think some of her moves got knockback buffs. It's already been verified that Bowser got KB buffs. Why not her?

Arean

Smash Ace
Guys, how big are the danger zone differences of Final Destination between 3DS and Wii U? WFT's up air kills another WFT at 164% with deep breathing pre-patch. Now, it can kill at 151% post-patch. Hopefully this is not because of the stage D:

If the dimensions of Final Destination are the same between 3ds and Wii U, then there is indeed a knock back change on some of the moves I have seen so far.

Edit: Grab range is still the same so far vs characters of the same height. I'll test on smaller characters in a bit.

Last edited:

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
I swear, the move now either has a hitbox at the squat or it's much more consistent now.

And it might be placebo talking, but I think some of her moves got knockback buffs. It's already been verified that Bowser got KB buffs. Why not her?
It's possible, but still hard to confirm until we get frame data from this patch.

Arean

Smash Ace
I have tried multiple up smashes against Mario (front and back). If the hit box increased, up smashing behind Mario shouldn't whiff that often (and from what I did, it's like 70% of the time). Charging the smash longer would make the hitbox go below a bit since they crouch before standing straight so that could be it.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've seen on reddit that the hitbox now extends to her shoulders so that would be why.

Arean

Smash Ace
Was this tested on characters of the same height? There has always been a hit box in that area but it can only hit characters of the same size (Palutena, Samus, Captain Falcon, etc.) most of the time.

Niala

Smash Ace
Was this tested on characters of the same height? There has always been a hit box in that area but it can only hit characters of the same size (Palutena, Samus, Captain Falcon, etc.) most of the time.
So I went through the cast and tested that USmash. I'm not sure if the hitbox is lower, but if feels easier to hit, which I'm not sure means anything. It still whiffs on the following characters: :4gaw::4duckhunt::4kirby::4metaknight::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4olimar:/:4alph:

On :4bowserjr::4peach::4lucario::4pacman:, It was harder to hit coming forward. They all have tapering hurtboxes as they go upward (:4peach::4lucario: stand somewhat backwards, :4pacman::4bowserjr: round out at the top) so you have to be really "inside" them in order to hit it while they're grounded.

I think they also increased the end-lag on USmash, after using it a million times today. But I'm not 100% sure about that.
This is the data I found on it earlier. Some characters are harder to hit because of their stance/size, true, but if you actually dash into them and UpSmash, you shouldn't be missing anybody except those listed above.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just tested with Fox too. Standing next to them will not connect, but running where you are point blank will hit.

Arean

Smash Ace
Update: Vs Mario at Final Destination (Mario on the right side of the stage, default position in training mode, being launched to the left):

Edit: re-testing stuff

Last edited:

Arean

Smash Ace
I just updated my 3ds... and I regret to inform everyone... the previous comparisons I did previously wasn't accurate due to the difference of the size of the stage (Final Destination) of both consoles. I have re-tested the knock backs of the following moves both pre- an post patch with the 3ds:

Forward tilt (front with deep breathing)
Forward tilt (back with deep breathing)
Forward Smash
Up Smash
Down Smash
Sun Salutation (with deep breathing)
Up Grab (with deep breathing)
Back Air
Up Air

As you may have noticed, these are most of our kill moves. There are no changes in knock back as tested on the following conditions: vs Mario, Final Destination, Default Position.

Grabs, Running, Jumping, haven't changed as well. I saw on reddit's compilation on their changes. They claim that deep breathing healing 2% is a new change (lol). But anyway... it looks like get nothing significant.

Last edited:

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda sad when you just have to shrug and say, "Well, at least we didn't get randomly nerfed this time." Hopefully, we'll find SOMETHING that got changed (for the positive).

Maybe test the length of deep breathing?

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I mentioned this in another thread, but is the soccer ball bigger? It was 1 AM and it could've just been me being tired, but is it bigger for anyone else?

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
So, apparently there's a confirmed changed that Uair got its damage nerfed by 1%. I'm not even mad anymore. I'm just sitting here holding my hands out asking, "Whyyyyy?"

Top Bottom