• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.0.4 R.O.B. Changes

g-qauck

Smash Rookie
If you notice any changes to R.O.B. in the new update, post them here.

1FC0

Smash Lord
All of R.O.B.'s moves are now 1.625 times faster compared with luma's respawn time.

Last edited:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Maybe I'm crazy but bair feels faster to me, like usable fast even

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
bair might indeed be faster. It's still slower than Brawl, but I usually mess up the timing so that I land before it even comes out, but that doesn't happen now it seems. Sh Bair seems to auto cancel, was it always like that?

Last edited:

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
Bair is the same as it's been as far as I can tell.

I'm happy they didn't fix the graphical glitch with UpB->throw item causes the flame effect to stay until you die. Not like it matters, but maybe some mindgame, haha.

Rodaku

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dallas7174
3DS FC
4554-0450-6263
Can confirm, Up smash and Up throws got nerfed (to my knowledge)

An uncharged up Smash could usualy kill mario at 90% but now it kills at around 110%

Also Up throw got nerfed as it used to kill at 130%, now up to 150%

and thats all i know for now cause i practed and learned the kill ranges on those moves... i am unsure though on the state of his Back airs kill percentage changes and Side smash.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
I noticed you can do Uthrow to dash Usmash at up to 8% (vs Mario, 9% if he DIs poorly), is that new thanks to the lowered knockback on Uthrow, or is it just a coincidence I found it now?

Last edited:

Milksteak

Smash Rookie

An uncharged up Smash could usualy kill mario at 90% but now it kills at around 110%

and thats all i know for now cause i practed and learned the kill ranges on those moves... i am unsure though on the state of his Back airs kill percentage changes and Side smash.
I just tested his up throw and up smash kill percents on versions 1.03 and 1.04 using my copy and my brother's un-updated copy of smash. I tested it on FD against Mario and got the following: Up smash killed at 103% and up throw killed at 143% for both versions.

I don't think either of these moves were changed.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman

I just tested his up throw and up smash kill percents on versions 1.03 and 1.04 using my copy and my brother's un-updated copy of smash. I tested it on FD against Mario and got the following: Up smash killed at 103% and up throw killed at 143% for both versions.

I don't think either of these moves were changed.
What stages are you guys using? It seems to me that the blast line may have been moved up. Possibly a number of stages were tweaked in this manner.

Milksteak

Smash Rookie
What stages are you guys using? It seems to me that the blast line may have been moved up. Possibly a number of stages were tweaked in this manner.
I tested it on FD in training mode. All attempts were made in the center of the stage and Rob was at 0%.

Rodaku

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dallas7174
3DS FC
4554-0450-6263
huh, i tested it on Gale Plains Omega mode, i remember this via memory that was the percents... though FD i can see they would probably work on both versions cause of the low ceiling... try testing it on gale plains?

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
huh, i tested it on Gale Plains Omega mode, i remember this via memory that was the percents... though FD i can see they would probably work on both versions cause of the low ceiling... try testing it on gale plains?
Sounds like the ceiling was raised. Not sure, but I think you KO earlier on the upper platforms, so I can see why.

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
So overall nothing got changed with R.O.B.? I have been using him in the patch and so far nothing seemed like it changed.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
if you're seeing kill percent "changes" between the versions in actual matches, it's more likely that your opponent is vectoring differently. there are far too many factors to take into account when calculating knockback now, lol.

uthrow should never have been killing at like 130 to begin with, unless your opponents vector straight up or you managed to do it on a platform or something.

Last edited:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I was sort of hoping for Rob's up B to change, but Im guessing it didnt judging by no one saying anything. Pls be buffs because I donno if its just me, but rob feels worse in smash 4. (Probably still just bad though but I hope its just me haha)

:<

TGZ_Freean

Best 64 player in AZ. Best Solo 64 Luigi Main.
NNID
Marabio
3DS FC
3566-1594-3271
I don't think he changed at all. I've been playing pretty extensively since the patch came out, and nothing feels different. I don't mind where he's at right now, but I'd be disappointed if they nerfed him at all.

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
I was sort of hoping for Rob's up B to change, but Im guessing it didnt judging by no one saying anything. Pls be buffs because I donno if its just me, but rob feels worse in smash 4. (Probably still just bad though but I hope its just me haha)

:<
Yeah R.O.B.'s upB is no where near as good as it was in Brawl. Also don't worry you aren't the only one who likes R.O.B. better in brawl. Though I will say he is still a solid character in this game.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
If we play with custom moves on in the future, Up 3 is extremely good though. It supposedly runs out of gas faster, but if you cancel it with air normals, you can reach extreme heights. I used it to reach the top platforms in smash run from the ground after getting some power-ups.

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
If we play with custom moves on in the future, Up 3 is extremely good though. It supposedly runs out of gas faster, but if you cancel it with air normals, you can reach extreme heights. I used it to reach the top platforms in smash run from the ground after getting some power-ups.
Yeah custom 3 up B is as close as it was in Brawl. The fuel isn't that much of an issue as well either since you move around very quick.

Top Bottom