• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.0.10 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Just starting this thread now so we can immediately post new discoveries. I'll keep a master list as best I can of confirmed changes on this post.

Confirmed:
F-Throw buffed to 13% total, shadow balls do increased damage (from 1.5% to 2.0%)
D-Smash knockback increase
F-Tilt hitbox active frames reduced from 3 to 2

To be tested:

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Have to work 3rd Shift so I'll leave this up to you guys. If you need to test knockback, the %s listed in the moveset guide use center BF with Default Mii.

See ya'll in the morning.

godogod

Smash Ace
Someone one on Neogaf said they saw no significant changes. Maybe its subtle. I hope he barely skimmed through it.

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
he got....no significant changes? is the dev team oblivious to this characters shoddy programming?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Nothing too noticable if he did get buffed. If there's one thing it may be that his dash is 1% faster? Other than that his hitboxes seem the same, damage seems the same.

WTF Sakurai?

godogod

Smash Ace
Fuug man you serious? What about ending lag on moves?

A bit off topic but.. Can you confirm if dlc characters got custom moves?

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
well...i can confirm an fthrow damage buff. 10%-13%. 13% is the most a throw does in this game(:4dedede: bthrow, :4ganondorf: fthrow both do 13%)
so its something...i guess?

Browny

Smash Hater
Yep Fthrow buffed.

Utilt hitbox still a bit wonky but bair and uair seemed to be better? I still managed to whiff bair a few times but it didnt seem as bad. Of course there is heavy bias at work here of wanting to see buffs so don't trust me on that.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Dantarion's data dump has 3 changes.

One is more knockback to a move
Another is more damage to a move

Last is 1/3rd less endlag to a move!!!!!!!

This doesn't mean these are the only changes but these are confirmed changes.

The move with less endlag has 3 different hitboxes which means it's a tail attack. My personal guess is D-Throw. Combos? Hopefully

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I think DSmash has less ending lag. Someone double check for me, but I don't remember being able to use DSmash in such quick successions..

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Is it just me or does his forward tilt sound different?
FTilt sounds the same to me, both before and after contact. Speaking of FTilt, it may be the one that got a knock back buff.

And his fast fall speed seems a bit better.

D-smash feels the same to me personally.
Really? I don't remember being able to do one after the other that fast. Even my roommate was like, "woah, that's fast." Maybe it's just me then lol.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Ive got both versions with me so Im trying out different things. Ftilt feels the same in every aspect to me.

Orvo5 i think you're right about the fast fall speed.

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
so: damage buff: fthrow
kb buff: ftilt?
endlag reduction:nair landing lag??? i'm connecting falling nair->usmash...is anyone else doing so? have they been able to before?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Pretty sure falling NAir is the same but it was always too unpredictable for me to string moves with it that I'm not too sure about the lag 100% Would be cool if it was buffed though.

So guys, I can't explain what's changed, but his maneuverability feels smoother than before. Maybe it's the fast fall buff, but he feels better. Trying my best to compare how he used to be and not taking any placebo..

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ive got both versions with me so Im trying out different things. Ftilt feels the same in every aspect to me.

Orvo5 i think you're right about the fast fall speed.
Fast Fall speed is correlative to regular Fall Speed. Everyone but Link it's just a 40% increase.

If his Fast Fall Speed got increased, then so did his regular Fall Speed.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
so: damage buff: fthrow
kb buff: ftilt?
endlag reduction:nair landing lag??? i'm connecting falling nair->usmash...is anyone else doing so? have they been able to before?
Does it register as a true combo?

Pretty sure falling NAir is the same but it was always too unpredictable for me to string moves with it that I'm not too sure about the lag 100% Would be cool if it was buffed though.

So guys, I can't explain what's changed, but his maneuverability feels smoother than before. Maybe it's the fast fall buff, but he feels better. Trying my best to compare how he used to be and not taking any placebo..
Omg maneuverability? If Mewtwo's air acceleration got buffed I am going to cry of happiness.

Last edited:

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
yes.

to clarify: its the first hit ONLY of nair. for some reason that pops them straight up(not unlike the hitbox of his utilt). also, you have to fastfall it as fast as possible otherwise it sends them to the side for some ungodly reason...

the combo does 17%.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Fast Fall speed is correlative to regular Fall Speed. Everyone but Link it's just a 40% increase.

If his Fast Fall Speed got increased, then so did his regular Fall Speed.
He doesn't feel as slow, so that may very well be the case. Can't confirm it until I see numbers though. But from someone who's been playing Mewtwo almost every day since release, that's my opinion.

Does it register as a true combo?
Nope. Not a true combo.

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
i really wish i had some way to record because i'm getting it to combo.
are you fastfalling it as soon as it comes out? thats how i'm connecting it.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
He doesn't feel as slow, so that may very well be the case. Can't confirm it until I see numbers though. But from someone who's been playing Mewtwo almost every day since release, that's my opinion.

Nope. Not a true combo.

Air acceleration is what makes characters feel faster most of the time. Test jumping forward at full dash speed then trying to move back, Mewtwo would fall to the ground before starting to move backwards.

I really, really wanted his air acceleration buffed it will allow us to DI out of combos, finally.

yes.

to clarify: its the first hit ONLY of nair. for some reason that pops them straight up(not unlike the hitbox of his utilt). also, you have to fastfall it as fast as possible otherwise it sends them to the side for some ungodly reason...

the combo does 17%.
First hit of N-Air always sends upwards now? This might be very interesting.

I can't ****ing wait to get home.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
i really wish i had some way to record because i'm getting it to combo.
are you fastfalling it as soon as it comes out? thats how i'm connecting it.
If it true combos into anything but D-Tilt then it's a definite buff. I tested N-Air so many times with all of Mewtwo's moves.

Maybe the knockback buff was to N-Air's first hit!

Last edited:

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
Omg it's 5:10am here, need to wait for my bro to get up before i start testing stuff lol aahhhhhhhhhh D:

I really hope he's been buffed, he really needs/deserves it.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Omg it's 5:10am here, need to wait for my bro to get up before i start testing stuff lol aahhhhhhhhhh D:

I really hope he's been buffed, he really needs/deserves it.
There has been 3 confirmed changes but the only one that has been identified is a f-throw buff to 13% damage

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Has Mewtwo's down air always spiked through the stage if hit during a disable?

Edit: this happened at the very edge of FD. This only happened once and Im unable to recreate it.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
...no big changes to mewtwo? ..is the dev team THAT bloody dense!?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
according to the patch page,

-someone apparently (a super mod)noticed his down smash got a kbg buff from 112 to 118

-forward tilt might be out for one fewer frame

http://smashboards.com/threads/tournament-mode-1-1-0-community-patch-notes.412130/page-6

Yea the move that got a knockback increase has a 21 frame activation and 23 frame endlag, definitely Down-Smash

I think the move with less endlag is actually all of N-Air's small hits. I think they went down from 3 frames to 2 frames.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
All the changes might be minor but he isn't as slow if you ask me. Maybe not by much, but if you play Mewtwo everyday you'll probably be on board with me. Would have preferred a more drastic buff but he does feel slightly better.

On an unrelated note, tried tourney with Mewtwo for the first time. 3rd out of 30 ;D

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
I just played him on the new patch and his forward air has a bit more knock back at the sweet point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom